dev build 110524

dev build 110524

Postby stan » Tue May 24, 2011 9:58 pm

new development build is now available for download.

i've added optimizer and minimizer filters into this build, see menu 'package - reduce - optimize coverage'. the optimizer and minimizer filters from version 4.x are merged into a single filter window.
the new filter is heavily optimized so it needs less memory than in version 4.x. the filtering is also faster because the new implementation is multi-threaded (any running expert lotto on core i7?:)

there's also 'custom combinations' coverage filter in expert lotto 4.x but unless there's any interested in that filter i won't bother implementing it in version 5.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: dev build 110524

Postby chezzmaster » Wed May 25, 2011 8:46 pm

yes stan, the core i7 speed is amazing! keep it up :)) i have a question just for curiosity; is it will the same if we update dev.build from menu help -> check for updates or it will be better to download dev.build for update latest version.. ihope its doesnt matter bcause i just use internal update :)
chezzmaster

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Thu May 26, 2011 1:09 am

stan wrote:new development build is now available for download.

i've added optimizer and minimizer filters into this build, see menu 'package - reduce - optimize coverage'. the optimizer and minimizer filters from version 4.x are merged into a single filter window.
the new filter is heavily optimized so it needs less memory than in version 4.x. the filtering is also faster because the new implementation is multi-threaded (any running expert lotto on core i7?:)

Does that mean it will be twice as fast using my 2x i7 (16 cores), I'm tempted to install the Dev Build..
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2011 9:58 am

chezzmaster wrote:yes stan, the core i7 speed is amazing! keep it up :)) i have a question just for curiosity; is it will the same if we update dev.build from menu help -> check for updates or it will be better to download dev.build for update latest version.. ihope its doesnt matter bcause i just use internal update :)

menu 'help - check for updates' is enough.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2011 9:59 am

Savage_Rottweiler wrote:

Does that mean it will be twice as fast using my 2x i7 (16 cores), I'm tempted to install the Dev Build..

well, not exactly twice because there's some synchronization overhead but the performance boost should be considerable. just don't forget to adjust the number of execution threads in 'tools - options - misc - execution'

and don't be afraid to install dev builds. the development build and the official release have a separate life on your hard disk:). they don't share any settings or data.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Thu May 26, 2011 10:18 am

stan wrote:
Savage_Rottweiler wrote:

well, not exactly twice because there's some synchronization overhead but the performance boost should be considerable. just don't forget to adjust the number of execution threads in 'tools - options - misc - execution'

and don't be afraid to install dev builds. the development build and the official release have a separate life on your hard disk:). they don't share any settings or data.

Thanks Stan, I already have threads set, but if I install the Dev Build I guess I would need to set it again.

I'm still thinking, haven't downloaded the Dev Build yet, you mentioned it does not share setting or data, does that mean it won't share already setup lottery files...

Savage..
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby stan » Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 am

Savage_Rottweiler wrote:I'm still thinking, haven't downloaded the Dev Build yet, you mentioned it does not share setting or data, does that mean it won't share already setup lottery files...

it doesn't share any configuration settings or binary libraries - if you uninstall or just delete the dev build, the official release will continue to run fine, and vice versa.
lottery files are just like ordinary documents on your computer, you can open them in any application. just make sure you don't open the same lottery folder both in the release version and in the dev build at the same time. it could mess up your winning numbers database.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Thu May 26, 2011 11:03 am

stan wrote:
Savage_Rottweiler wrote:I'm still thinking, haven't downloaded the Dev Build yet, you mentioned it does not share setting or data, does that mean it won't share already setup lottery files...

it doesn't share any configuration settings or binary libraries - if you uninstall or just delete the dev build, the official release will continue to run fine, and vice versa.
lottery files are just like ordinary documents on your computer, you can open them in any application. just make sure you don't open the same lottery folder both in the release version and in the dev build at the same time. it could mess up your winning numbers database.

Ok sounds good then, I can just use the Dev Build without having to maintain 2 lottery files..
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby Savage_Rottweiler » Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 am

Just installed it CPU seems to be getting fully utilized...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Savage_Rottweiler

Postby Jerzy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:03 pm

Stan,

The Sums History filter in the Winniong Numbers History group doesn't work properly.
The option "The difference in x to y levels is at most" is fixed for "0 to 0" and cannot be changed.

There is no such problem in the Sum History filter, which is accessible from My estimates.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:56 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

The Sums History filter in the Winniong Numbers History group doesn't work properly.
The option "The difference in x to y levels is at most" is fixed for "0 to 0" and cannot be changed.

that option applies to enabled levels only. so if you turn all levels off (using the checkboxes in the first table column) then that option will offer '0 to 0' only
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:19 pm

Stan,

I am reporting it, because the levels are enabled (all checkboxes selected) but the option is fixed for 0 to 0.
Jerzy

Postby teoman » Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:00 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

I am reporting it, because the levels are enabled (all checkboxes selected) but the option is fixed for 0 to 0.

Jerzy, put values ​​in the cells 'Min Difference' and 'Max Difference' to the selected levels.
teoman

Postby Jerzy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:09 am

Thank you Teoman. You are pointing in the right direction.

The min and max differences in all levels in that filter are 0 to 0 by default and, consequently, in such situation the difference in x to y columns must be 0 to 0 and can't be changed without prior entering appropriate range of differences for each level.

I am sorry, Stan, for reporting this unnecessarily.
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:34 am

Stan,

The Sum's Last Digit filters works with all digits except the digit 0.

When I select the digit 0 only, the warning "Please select at least one digit" appears and the buttons OK and Apply are dim and unaccessible.
Jerzy

Next

Return to Development versions