New Segment Patterns filter available

New Segment Patterns filter available

Postby stan » Mon May 07, 2012 10:54 am

There's a new (sponsored) filter available. The filter is called Segment Patterns, you'll find it in History section of the filter list. Please check that you have Experimental Plugins Updates ticked under menu Tools - Plugins - Settings and then just check for application updates to get that filter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: New Segment Patterns filter available

Postby Jerzy » Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm

Stan,

In the Segment Patterns filter the 1st segment is marked as 0, the 2nd as 1 and the 3rd as 2, which is out of keeping with the rest of segment filters and segment statistics. Any special reason for that?

The Match any level probably can be activated by clicking on this button, but how can I cancel it? Clicking on this button again does not seem to change anything. To cancel the Match any level probably we need to close the filter and open it again.

When I customize the system to just 2 segments and limit the 1st segment to just 1 row, a Java.Lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException occurs.

I experimented a bit with this filter (but not using "Match any level"). Depending on the settings, it can be very powerful.

In the Winning Numbers, Properties table there are statistics for segment patterns. Probably they have no relation to this Segment Patterns filter. What is their meaning and significance?
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue May 08, 2012 10:22 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

In the Segment Patterns filter the 1st segment is marked as 0, the 2nd as 1 and the 3rd as 2, which is out of keeping with the rest of segment filters and segment statistics. Any special reason for that?

It's a bug, I'll fix that.

The Match any level probably can be activated by clicking on this button, but how can I cancel it? Clicking on this button again does not seem to change anything. To cancel the Match any level probably we need to close the filter and open it again.

A single click on that button should un-toggle it. But I'll change it to a checkbox.

When I customize the system to just 2 segments and limit the 1st segment to just 1 row, a Java.Lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException occurs.

Report it as a bug please.

In the Winning Numbers, Properties table there are statistics for segment patterns. Probably they have no relation to this Segment Patterns filter. What is their meaning and significance?

Sorry, which stats are you referring to?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Wed May 09, 2012 5:07 am

Stan,

I am referring to Segment Pattern statistics for levels available in Winning Numbers --> Show As --> Properties. They show the origin of the winning numbers in the rows of segmentation, e.g. 2-3-5-11-21. The Segment Pattern statistics were made available long before implementation of Segment Patterns filter. I am not sure with which filter these statistics can be used best. The statistics and filter share the same name and their common name implies that they can be used together.

Maybe it would be a good idea to create temporarily (using Customization) a segment system that would accomodate the last draw segment patterns shown in the statistics in a best way. E.g. 5 segments for 5/xy game and 6 segments for 6/xy game, and rows distribution in segments that accomodates optimally the latest segment patterns in a selected group of levels. In practice it might be difficult, some experimentation is needed, but I suppose something can be achieved.
Jerzy

Postby spf302 » Wed May 09, 2012 6:02 pm

Jerzy,

If you check the segmentation table in the summary history, there is a column named "Difference". So 2-3-5-11-21 in the statistics refers to the number differences drawn. For example, 2 means that in that draw one number that was drawn had a difference of 2, one number drawn had a difference of 3, one number drawn had a difference of 5, one number drawn a difference of 11 and one number drawn a difference of 21.

Both the "Number Differences" (available through the analyser) and also the "History Number Differences" filter can be used based on these statistics.

Having said the above, wait for Stan's answer just to be safe.
spf302

Postby Jerzy » Thu May 10, 2012 12:30 pm

Stan,

I described my ideas in Mantis as "Simulation for segmentation and multi-level segment combinations filter". I leave it to you how it can be implemented in the best possible way.
Last edited by Jerzy on Thu May 10, 2012 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jerzy

Postby Jerzy » Thu May 10, 2012 12:33 pm

spf302,

Thank you for your explanations!
Jerzy

Postby stan » Thu May 10, 2012 3:33 pm

Jerzy wrote:Stan,

I am referring to Segment Pattern statistics for levels available in Winning Numbers --> Show As --> Properties. They show the origin of the winning numbers in the rows of segmentation, e.g. 2-3-5-11-21. The Segment Pattern statistics were made available long before implementation of Segment Patterns filter. I am not sure with which filter these statistics can be used best. The statistics and filter share the same name and their common name implies that they can be used together.

I see. The filter and the stats are actually related. The filter compares selected parts of the segments stats. If you ticket only e.g. Segment 1 in the filter window the filter will accept tickets that have the same number in Segment stats as selected past draws.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby daniel » Mon May 28, 2012 7:43 am

Stan,
When I increase the levels to be more than 11, the filter is not usable.
See the attached screenshot.
daniel
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
daniel

Postby stan » Mon May 28, 2012 3:14 pm

daniel wrote:Stan,

Just expand the filter window by dragging it's lower right corner...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby daniel » Tue May 29, 2012 2:35 am

stan wrote:

Thanks Stan.
daniel
daniel

Postby stan » Thu May 31, 2012 9:59 am

stan wrote:

Btw, this applies to all application screens.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Development versions