Cannot connect to internet (Proxy Configuration)

Cannot connect to internet (Proxy Configuration)

Postby Tom Cruise » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:48 am

Hi Stan,
I have a problem connecting to internet and updating my lottery. this problem appeared after formatting my PC. I now have Kaspersky antivirus 2013 and i'm not sure what has gone wrong. I attached everything with this email.

cheers,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom Cruise

Re: Cannot connect to internet (Proxy Configuration)

Postby stan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:16 am

There might be several reasons for this error message:
- you're connecting to internet through a proxy server so you need to enter proxy server address in Tools - Options
- your firewall/antivirus software is blocking Expert Lotto from accessing the internet. Try disabling it temporarily, restart Expert Lotto then try to update winning numbers or the application.
- you are using Java version 1.6 which is a bit out date, try upgrading to Java 1.7
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Tom Cruise » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:56 am

Hi Stan,
I have tried almost everything. I deleted my Kaspersky, I disabled my Firewall and still same problem.
I tried both settings on Expert Lotto "no proxy and system proxy settings" and i upgraded to Java 1.7 java still the same even though i'm not connecting to internet through a proxy server
any suggestion?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tom Cruise

Postby stan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:11 am

Tom Cruise wrote:Hi Stan,
this problem appeared after formatting my PC.

Do you mean you reinstalled Windows on your PC?

Are you sure there's no other security software running on your PC? Send me a new application log when the firewall and antivirus sw are disabled to see if the connection problem is the same.

I presume all other applications connect to internet without problems, right?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Tom Cruise » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:07 pm

Hi Stan,
I appreciate your replies.
Yes I reinstalled Windows on your PC, and all other applications connect to internet without problems. I don't have other security software other than KaspersKy.
I attached the application log with this post. Please have a look.

cheers,
Tom Cruise

Postby stan » Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:13 pm

Maybe it's the Vista security subsystem that's blocking the internet access. Try this: right-click Expert Lotto shortcut in Start menu and select Run as administrator. The application should have elevated privileges then, perhaps it'll help...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Tom Cruise » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Stan,
I tried that but unfortunately it didn't work. I tried to install Expert Lotto 5.0 to see what would happen, and it's the same. when I uninstalled 5.0 and installed 5.2
it still show I have 5.0. Is it possible to provide a link that I could update through it? a secondary choice.

cheers,
Tom Cruise

Postby stan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:49 am

When uninstalling Expert Lotto tick option "Also remove folder ....". That should remove all traces of Expert Lotto from your computer. Then you should be able to reinstall version 5.2
And how about Windows Defender? Is it running on your machine? There must be something blocking Expert Lotto out. Unfortunately I don't have Windows Vista installation to look for any options to turn on/off.

In the worst case I can upload a ZIP archive with the latest version of Expert Lotto for you. But you still won't be able to update past winning numbers online or install application updates.

Btw, maybe you can try running Expert Lotto from ZIP archive. Download this file: http://expertlotto.com/files/expertlotto.zip
Extract to any folder on your disk and run Expert Lotto from 'bin' subfolder. Let me know if app updates are working when running from the ZIP.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Tom Cruise » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:50 pm

Hi Stan,
I disabled all of Windows Defender, Firewall, and my Antivirus but still the same. I have also tried Expert Lotto from ZIP archive and it's the same.
I have Sony "VAIO" system and it has "restore system" function where It dose it automatically. do you think something went wrong in restoring the system
and I need to restore the system again?

cheers,
Tom Cruise

Postby stan » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Well, if you know that in some of the restore points Expert Lotto was allowed internet access then try restoring. Otherwise it won't help (I think)

Let's try one last thing - please download JDownloader from this web page: jdownloader.org
Then try to download any file from it, preferably from Expert Lotto web site. If it will work then your problem is related to Expert Lotto only. If it won't work then it's because no Java application has internet access on your machine...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Tom Cruise » Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:05 am

Hi Stan,
I have downloaded JDownloader and installed it, but cant start it. there is a message says " Firewall blocked this application" would you like to unblock it? I say yes but it wont work. I tried to give it a permeation through Firewall, but still wont work. what do you think?

cheers,
Tom Cruise

Postby stan » Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:48 am

So obviously there is still some firewall software running on your computer that is blocking Java out from internet.
Try running Windows Task Manager to see what's running on your PC. Or just email me a screen shot and I'll have a look myself.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Tom Cruise » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:33 pm

Hi Stan,
I reinstalled Windows vista on my PC again last night, and now everything is great. I have updated my Expert Lotto without changing anything on Windows Defender, Firewall, and Antivirus settings.
Thank you Stan for your help and I really appreciate your replies.

cheers,
Tom Cruise

Postby stan » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:10 am

Well, I actually didn't help anything:) But I'm glad you've got working now.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby nikkil » Sun Nov 04, 2012 2:48 pm

Tom Cruise wrote:Hi Stan,
I reinstalled Windows vista on my PC again last night, and now everything is great. I have updated my Expert Lotto without changing anything on Windows Defender, Firewall, and Antivirus settings.
Thank you Stan for your help and I really appreciate your replies.

cheers,

This is nice. I thought it was Kaspersky blocking the connection. Are you still using it?
You're never a loser until you quit trying. Image
nikkil

Return to Development versions