running long expert lotto tasks in background

running long expert lotto tasks in background

Postby stan » Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:43 pm

some expert lotto functions may take very long time to finish. for example running ticket generator with a complex filter for a keno lottery may take hours or even days - depending on input parameters.

during this time expert lotto consumes all cpu resources so other applications and the operating system becomes very slow and unresponsive.

however there's a trick to leave expert lotto running its long task in background and keep using other applications comfortably:

- open windows task manager ([m]ctrl+alt+delete[/m], then button 'task manager' or right click the task bar and select 'task manager')

- find expert lotto in the applications tab, right click on it and select 'go to process'

- you'll be forwarded to processes tab and 'javaw.exe' process will be highlighted.

- right click this item and select 'set priority - belownormal' or 'set priority - low'

expert lotto will keep running but other application will get more cpu resources so they will be more responsive.

when you exit expert lotto and start it again, it will come up with the default execution priority so you don't have change anything back.

btw, this trick applies to any application with long running tasks, e.g. video capture/encoding, mp3 audio conversion etc.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:41 pm

Thanx for the info Stan
Maryland

Postby zz » Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:22 am

Well, as said before this

http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/for ... read&id=76

would be a really nice to have feature for some tasks that might take a lot of time..
zz

3 number trend

Postby Maryland » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:36 am

Stan, is there a way I can find what same 3 numbers have hit in the past 5,15,30 draws as shown in the statics (winning numbers table)? I see a pattern there that I would like to use. Today is the day for the pattern to show and it would be nice to hit. I've tried all kinds of software to do it with no luck. I could use pen and paper but going through 300 lines of 3 numbers is time consuming of which I have little time.

TIA
Maryland

Postby stan » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:56 am

[quote=Maryland]
Stan, is there a way I can find what same 3 numbers have hit in the past 5,15,30 draws as shown in the statics (winning numbers table)? I see a pattern there that I would like to use. Today is the day for the pattern to show and it would be nice to hit. I've tried all kinds of software to do it with no luck. I could use pen and paper but going through 300 lines of 3 numbers is time consuming of which I have little time.

TIA
[/quote]

well, how about generating all combinations of three numbers into the package (use 'dummy numbers') and then check package winnings agains the latest 5/15/30 draws (shows winning tickets only).
or use match winning numbers filter to find the matching combinations...

is that what you were looking for?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

3 number trend

Postby Maryland » Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:10 am

Did the all 3 combos which is 9139. The only thing with that is none of the tickets are filtered out because you have all the 3 number combinations. Still thinking on it :vogel:
Maryland

Postby stan » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:34 am

[quote=Maryland]
Did the all 3 combos which is 9139. The only thing with that is none of the tickets are filtered out because you have all the 3 number combinations. Still thinking on it :vogel:
[/quote]

i doubt that all 3-number combinations would appear in the last 5-10 draws. perhaps you're doing something wrong...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Tips + Tricks