Tickets in Package..

Tickets in Package..

Postby ifenn » Tue Nov 22, 2005 5:26 am

Hi Stan,
Thank for your help. I will check it later. And, do you have any idea how to change number in one position without affected the same number in other position ? Let say I have choose 632 tickets in my package and example of the ticket is : eg : 5-12-18-23-31-45 ,, 5-18-23-35-41-47 and so on. And want to swap( change ) number 18 ( red ) in position 2 with the 20 ( to be 5-20-23-35-41-47 ) to all 632 tickets without affected number 18 ( blue ) in position 3. I try to use swap but it affected all number 18 in the package changed to 20. Is that the only way to do is change it manually one by one ticket in package. How can be to finish all 632 tickets ?

Thank you.
ifenn

Postby stan » Tue Nov 22, 2005 11:23 am

unfortunatelly, there's no simple solution for this. the only way i can think of is:

- first use position filter to filter out ticket that have number 18 at position 2 and save them to a file
- then use the same filter to filter out tickets that do *not* have number 18 at position 2 and save them to another file
- load the first file back to the package and swap 18 with 20
- load the second file to the package and choose 'append' action in the insert file window
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Tags tickets......

Postby ifenn » Thu Nov 24, 2005 9:12 pm

Hi Stan,
Thanks for the help. That’s a good idea. And, another things is I think it is not so easy to tag large number of tickets in package because we need to tag it one by one. My suggestion is you may have to put another features under Menu Package --Tagged Tickets – ( Remove , Leave, Remove Tags, Invert Tags & Highlight Tickets ). With this feature, we do not have to tag one by one, just highlights the tickets and one click. All the highlight tickets will be tagged.
Thank you.
ifenn

Postby stan » Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:31 pm

well, i don't see a big improvement in this feature. you have to click the ticket to highlight it anyway so you may as well click the 'tag' checkbox instead...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Random Selection Filter.......

Postby ifenn » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:27 pm

Hi Stan,
Thanks for your explaination. What I means yesterday was, if we dragged down the number of ticket ( left hand click and hold the mouse, and to become all the few number has been highlighted. We have still have to check ( tick ) tickets one by one even a few of numbers in package has been highlighted. And today, I tried to use Random Selection Filter to reduce number of tickets to our choice. I have used to all generate tickets and its okay but when I used it to Save File, it can’t. What I means is, for eg : if my Save File contain 365 tickets, I can’t use Random Selection Filter to reduce this numbers of tickets to let say, 250 tickets. Is it normal or there is something wrong with my EL software ? If there is something's wrong with that, what should I do ?

Thank you.
ifenn

Postby stan » Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:49 pm

[quote=ifenn]
Thanks for your explaination. What I means yesterday was, if we dragged down the number of ticket ( left hand click and hold the mouse, and to become all the few number has been highlighted. We have still have to check ( tick ) tickets one by one even a few of numbers in package has been highlighted.
[/quote]
ok, got it. you can click button 'remove' in the package page to remove the highlight tickets, tag the rest, save to a file and then merge with previous package contents. but i'll add this to the list of new features in version 4.2.1

And today, I tried to use Random Selection Filter to reduce number of tickets to our choice. I have used to all generate tickets and its okay but when I used it to Save File, it can’t. What I means is, for eg : if my Save File contain 365 tickets, I can’t use Random Selection Filter to reduce this numbers of tickets to let say, 250 tickets. Is it normal or there is something wrong with my EL software ? If there is something's wrong with that, what should I do ?

i'm not sure what's going on. can you not just enter '250' in the filter window and filter the package contents?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Random Selection Filter....

Postby ifenn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 12:29 am

Hi Stan,
Thanks alots. About this Random Selection Filter problem, I could ONLY use it for ALL Generate Numberas only. Let say, I have save my file yesterday contains 562 tickets and I want to use this tickets for the next buying BUT only 152 tickets. So, when I do not know what ticketsI should remove, I let the filter to remove the ticket ( 410 tickets ) to make it 152 tickets left in the package. In this case, I am trying to use this Random Filter, but I cannot ( the sand clock cursor will upside down looks like the programme is running but it didn't stop ). You could try yourself wether it is normal or something is wrong with my EL.
( Note : It okay for Systematic Selection Filter )

Thank you.
ifenn

Postby stan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:50 am

this looks like a bug. please email me your 'error.log' file that you'll find in expert lotto's install folder.
i think that removing 'user.properties' file from your lottery folder should fix the problem.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby ifenn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:16 pm

Hi Stan,
Thanks for your kind of help. Here, I tried to send an "error.log" file but i couldn't. Could you please tell me how to send you this error.log file ? I have already using Browse below and open this file but it still couldn't.

Thank you.
ifenn

Postby stan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:25 pm

your error.log may be too large - over 500kb (too many errors reported in it:)

you may either zip it first and attach it here or send it as an attachement in a regular email to support@expertlotto.com
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby ifenn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:51 pm

Hi Stan,
Thanks for your help. I have already sent all information you need including error.log file to your email.

Thank you.
ifenn

Postby stan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:54 pm

thank you very much for the log file. there is indeed a bug in expert lotto in random selection filter however it is a known bug and it was already fixed in recent beta version builds.
you can either upgrade to the latest beta version (it has many new cool features!), see this link: http://www.expertlotto.com/files/previe ... tlotto.jar

or you can wait until version 4.2.0 is officially released and upgrad then. however it may take some time as we have to update the documentation.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby ifenn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 8:45 pm

Hi Stan,
Thank you so much for your help. Right now, I will upgrade to the latest beta version first until your next coming version 4.0 will be released. Thanks again to you.

Thank you.
ifenn

Postby ifenn » Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi Stan,
I have already save the latest beta version zip file and I've also tried to open it using Winzip. Nothing happened. There are a lot of files inside eg : CLASS File and so on. What should I do next or view that or how to relate with my EL ?

Thank you.
ifenn

Postby stan » Tue Nov 29, 2005 10:21 pm

[quote=ifenn]
I have already save the latest beta version zip file and I've also tried to open it using Winzip. Nothing happened. There are a lot of files inside eg : CLASS File and so on. What should I do next or view that or how to relate with my EL ?
[/quote]
the downloaded file may appear as a zip file in e.g. windows explorer, but do not open it. it contains java source files compiled into binary format (.class files). just copy the whole file (expertlotto.jar) to the lib folder in your expert lotto install folder (e.g. "c:program filesexpertlottolib") to replace your old application library.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Tips + Tricks