Hot/cold numbers

Hot/cold numbers

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:15 am

Hi Stan. I have been experimenting with hot & cold numbers lately, (New Zealand 6/40), using the winning numbers/panel colours/table to do so. I have been selecting a draw period of 18 weeks. Each week there is usually 4 lines with about 8 to 10 numbers in them & 3 or 4 lines with about 1 to 2 numbers in. ( see attachment). I have noticed consistently that in each lotto draw, there is very rarely more than two numbers come up from each line. What I would like to know is , what would be the best & most efficient way to filter these numbers so that I end up with tickets with no more than two numbers from each line, in the minimum amount of tickets possible?. I tried generating the maximum amount of tickets & used the visual package/remove match in, on each line one by one , but it ended up eliminating wanted tickets. Many thanks :anx:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Postby stan » Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:50 pm

i would use a compound filter of 'match numbers' filters (match 0 and match 1 and match 2) using AND logical condition for the four 8-10 numbers lines.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Hot/cold numbers

Postby Bobes » Sat Nov 26, 2005 10:16 pm

Hi Niceguy

If I understand your problem correctly,I would like to recommend the following:

1) First, you should choose correct period for the so-called hot/average/ cold numbers. This period will vary a) with the type of loterry b) with user´s experience and/or opinion . See for example http://www.saliu.com/theory-of-probability.html. According to my own experience the best period for 6/49 lotto type is the last 24 draws. In such a case the distribution would be close to the normal distribution in majority of instances.
2) Select Winning Numbers Table and choose the period for panel coloring.
3) Select Statistics and for the same period perform „Calculation“. Then select Ticket Numbers, Table and sort the „Occurrence“ column ASC /DESC. Then using the mouse+SHIFT you can select any period of numbers with the same occurrence. This way you can re-color the panel (naturally you can merge more groups from the table with similar occurrence into one group)
4) go to the Visual Package Table and use your own procedure to select correct tickets (i.e. not comprising 0, 1, 4, 5, 6 or any other selection) . To the same purpose you can use „match numbers“ filter , as recommended by Stan.

However I am aware that this solution does not resolve your problem with satisfaction. But on the other hand it can help you to perform your selection in a faster way.

Btw. using Winning Numbers Table you can color the panel. These colors will appear in the table „Package Statistics“ clicking on the Show coloring“ Button. Usually it could be tool sufficient enough to exclude tickets with the same color for all numbers in assessed package.
Bobes

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 27, 2005 1:03 am

Hi Hakl
Many thanks for that Hakl, I appreciate your help. :-D

Return to Tips + Tricks