How to ...

How to ...

Postby stan » Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:24 am

Please post here any questions regarding the usage of Expert Lotto functions. We'll try to explain them in more details than in application's context help.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Filtering Winning Numbers History Question

Postby lottoMan » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:47 pm

Hello,

I dont understand how the WN History & Filter Winning History Numbers works other than in the samples or confirming previous results when previous dates are skipped:

Following the -10/+10 examples to filter winning tickets using the sum values works great(skipping a recent draw) just to check the program; but when i go back, add ALL the draws and estimate sums from the history chart to actually get real results to play, the filter yields no results whatsoever. I open the Filter --> Winning History Numbers dialog box, enter in my sums (-10/+10), select all in the History Index, Logical Condition is 'And', click "Apply". When the "Filtering Tickets" dialog box has complete, ALL 575757 tickets are filtered out; "0 Tickets Left in Package, 575757 Tickets Filtered"
In this case I am not skipping any numbers, I am using the entire date range. In my case 1,750 tickets; Sept 10, 2000 to June 30th 2005. (NY Take5).

Screenshot attached, Any help would be appreciated!

Yours truly,
LottoMan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lottoMan

Postby stan » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:33 pm

hello lottoman,

draw 'skipping' is used in the examples only to make the application 'think' that the draw for which you want to make your estimate did not happen yet. simulate the winning. you may also set the draw date range to be '<first draw date> - <date before the estimated draw>'.

according to your picture your estimates where increase in all columns but one. maybe for the latest date in your database no such combination of summary values is possible, even within the chosen +10/-10 error range.

try button 'lookup min and max ranges' to see the range of possible values for each column.

another option is to filter one column only to see if you can get any results for the selected values.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Filtering Winning Numbers History Question

Postby lottoMan » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:17 pm

Stan,

Thanks for your suggestion! I am now getting results with the WN history filter:) I discovered that by increasing/decreasing the sum error range anywhere from +10/-10 to +20/-20 (on all columns) yields 10 to hundreds of combinations from day to day(Im not sure why this varies?).
I can then further reduce the number of combinations by applying additional filters(odd/even, past draws, etc) to get my bet down to a reasonable $$$ amount.
All said and done it's hard work to 'predict' each column's trends in the Winning Number History Chart and enter them into the winning # history filter... wish it was easier.

- LottoMan
lottoMan

Postby stan » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:31 pm

you can use any other lottery system (e.g. hot/cold numbers) to predict numbers and then use the differences table to predict the trends. another hint is the simulation button.

you can also make visual estimates using the range tool in sum and differences charts. just drag the dashed lines with your mouse to your estimates and the numeric values will then be available in the wn history filter.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Tips + Tricks