5/39er's

Postby Joe » Mon May 21, 2007 5:05 am

[quote=Clem9403]
[quote=Joe:1179499612]
Hi clem,

I am looking forward your new ideas on my Excel sheet.
I am still finding how to predict inc/dec for columns using this.
[/quote]

My idea didn't really produce anything. But here's the idea anyway. Maybe it can spark someone elses thoughts. But after looking at your spreadsheet, I noticed that most of the time, most of the winning numbers would decend to a particular row. For instance, in one of your spreadsheets wn's 8-9-11-19-32-38), most of the winning #'s dipped down to either row 8 and/or 9. And your other spreadsheet you posted, most of the numbers fell to rows 8,9 and 10. My thinking was, if we could backtest our particular game and find the common rows these winning numbers decend to, we could just concentrate on those rows in all cols 0-10. That would eliminate alot of numbers. But as I mentioned, it didn't really produce what I was looking for.
[/quote]

yeah that's right clem, I am preparing excel sheets for all my past results ti find some clue on this, jus think more and looking for your ideas to predict. thanks,
Joe

Postby Joe » Mon May 21, 2007 5:14 am

Hi all,

if you see the Excel sheet, we dont find the Winning Numbers are not descending order. So we can safely remove the combinations which are in descending order in all columns,

The sorted orders of Wining numbers are unique in each column.

Looking for your comments and ideas on this.

thanks,
Joe

Postby Clem9403 » Mon May 21, 2007 5:16 am

[quote=Joe]
Hi all,

if you see the Excel sheet, we dont find the Winning Numbers are not descending order. So we can safely remove the combinations which are in descending order in all columns,

The sorted orders of Wining numbers are unique in each column.

Looking for your comments and ideas on this.

thanks,
[/quote]

I'm not sure I understand what you are saying here.
Clem9403

Postby Joe » Mon May 21, 2007 6:01 am

if we see the winning Numbers in each column, the Winning Numbers are found in some order.

if you see the Excel sheet 7_19_21_22_28_19.xls, In Column -10, the winning Numbers are in Ascending Order. 7 19 21 22 28 29

Like wise in each column, the winning numbers are found in some orders, but I dont find any Winning Numbers in descending order in any column in my past results so far.

As well, the Winning Number's orders are unique in each column, ie, same order not repeated in rest of the columns.

Hope this makes clear.
Joe

Postby Clem9403 » Mon May 21, 2007 6:26 am

[quote=Joe]
if we see the winning Numbers in each column, the Winning Numbers are found in some order.

if you see the Excel sheet 7_19_21_22_28_19.xls, In Column -10, the winning Numbers are in Ascending Order. 7 19 21 22 28 29

Like wise in each column, the winning numbers are found in some orders, but I dont find any Winning Numbers in descending order in any column in my past results so far.

As well, the Winning Number's orders are unique in each column, ie, same order not repeated in rest of the columns.

Hope this makes clear.
[/quote]

Makes sense completely! Thanks!!
Clem9403

Postby stan » Mon May 21, 2007 10:36 am

[quote=Red Devil]
[quote=stan]
[quote=Red Devil]
[quote=stan]
[quote=stan]
ok, i'll try some filter for this idea, it shouldn't be too difficult
[/quote]

it's available as 'history differences' filter in the new jackpot build 942
[/quote]

Stan,

In WNHistory > Summary > Max Segments.

What does

3/24 (-1)
3/22 (+2)

indicate?
[/quote]

that's a new experiment - let's assume that the largest segment in any column has e.g. 25 numbers. then statistically there should be 3 numbers from that segment in the next draw (in a 6/49) lottery.
so the values in the summary table are x/y (z) where
x is the statistically expected count of numbers from the largest segment
y is the largest segment size (the count of numbers it contains)
z is the difference between the expected count of numbers (statistical probability) and the actual drawn numbers from that segment
[/quote]

Stan,

When you say largest segment are you referring to Segment 1, 2 or 3 indicated at the top right corner, the "end values" which are set in preferences.
[/quote]

no, 'large' is referring to the count of numbers in that segment, not the count of rows the segment occupies in the history differences table.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Max Segments

Postby CARBOB » Mon May 21, 2007 6:04 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=Red Devil]
[quote=stan]
[quote=Red Devil]
[quote=stan]
[quote=stan]
ok, i'll try some filter for this idea, it shouldn't be too difficult
[/quote]

it's available as 'history differences' filter in the new jackpot build 942
[/quote]

Stan,

In WNHistory > Summary > Max Segments.

What does

3/24 (-1)
3/22 (+2)

indicate?
[/quote]

that's a new experiment - let's assume that the largest segment in any column has e.g. 25 numbers. then statistically there should be 3 numbers from that segment in the next draw (in a 6/49) lottery.
so the values in the summary table are x/y (z) where
x is the statistically expected count of numbers from the largest segment
y is the largest segment size (the count of numbers it contains)
z is the difference between the expected count of numbers (statistical probability) and the actual drawn numbers from that segment
[/quote]

Stan,

When you say largest segment are you referring to Segment 1, 2 or 3 indicated at the top right corner, the "end values" which are set in preferences.
[/quote]

no, 'large' is referring to the count of numbers in that segment, not the count of rows the segment occupies in the history differences table.
[/quote]

Stan,
I don't know about the Jackpot games , I haven't checked those yet. In my Play 4 game the largest segment is always Segment 1, 10/20 preference. Where you have for Ex 2/27 (+2). Is it possible to show the number projected, omit the largest count(27) and show the total 4 in separate columns ?
CARBOB

Postby Red Devil » Mon May 21, 2007 6:31 pm

Stan,

That's what I meant, the segment with the most numbers in it however, I was trying to point out that this still customisable in preferences?

eg.

Normally as Carbob states the largest segment is the first, but if you changed the end values in preferences to say, 3 & 12, then segment 2 would probably contain the most numbers.
Red Devil

Max Segment

Postby CARBOB » Mon May 21, 2007 6:41 pm

Another question. Where you show 2/25 (-2), does that mean no numbers showed? If so, why is there 2/26(0)?
CARBOB

Postby stan » Mon May 21, 2007 9:28 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
Stan,

That's what I meant, the segment with the most numbers in it however, I was trying to point out that this still customisable in preferences?
[/quote]
yes, that's correct

eg.

Normally as Carbob states the largest segment is the first, but if you changed the end values in preferences to say, 3 & 12, then segment 2 would probably contain the most numbers.

yes, it's very likely
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon May 21, 2007 9:30 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
Is it possible to show the number projected, omit the largest count(27) and show the total 4 in separate columns ?
[/quote]

sorry, don't know what you mean here...
and pls keep in mind that this is still just an experiment - if we feel it leads somewhere i'll improve it (add more stats, filters etc)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon May 21, 2007 9:34 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
Another question. Where you show 2/25 (-2), does that mean no numbers showed? If so, why is there 2/26(0)?
[/quote]

2/25 (-2) means that two numbers were expected but none were drawn from that segment, hence "-2"
2/25 (0) means that two numbers were expected and two were drawn, so the difference is zero.

for our 6/49 lottery it seems that the actual count of drawn numbers matches the expected one - give or take one number - in about 7 columns. so it should be safe to find the largest segment in each column, calculate the expected count of numbers +/-1 and filter the full package with condition 7 to 11 columns must pass.
feel free to experiment (e.g. different segment sizes) and let us know how it works for your lottery.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Max Segments

Postby CARBOB » Mon May 21, 2007 11:17 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=CARBOB]
[/quote]

2/25 (-2) means that two numbers were expected but none were drawn from that segment, hence "-2"
2/25 (0) means that two numbers were expected and two were drawn, so the difference is zero.

for our 6/49 lottery it seems that the actual count of drawn numbers matches the expected one - give or take one number - in about 7 columns. so it should be safe to find the largest segment in each column, calculate the expected count of numbers +/-1 and filter the full package with condition 7 to 11 columns must pass.
feel free to experiment (e.g. different segment sizes) and let us know how it works for your lottery.
[/quote]

Stan, thanks for responding. I don't know about other users, but for me, it makes more sense to show the actual number of digits drawn from the largest segment. If 3 numbers are drawn from the segment, show 3;if 2 numbers are drawn show 2, etc;etc. This could possibly be a very good filter.
CARBOB

Postby CARBOB » Mon May 21, 2007 11:57 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=stan]
[quote=CARBOB]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Stan, thanks for responding. I don't know about other users, but for me, it makes more sense to show the actual number of digits drawn from the largest segment. If 3 numbers are drawn from the segment, show 3;if 2 numbers are drawn show 2, etc;etc. This could possibly be a very good filter.
[/quote]

I might have found a bug. How is it possible for Col -1 to show 42 numbers for the largest segment, when there are only 40 numbers in the draw???
CARBOB

Postby stan » Tue May 22, 2007 11:43 am

[quote=CARBOB]
[/quote]

sure, as i posted before - there would be some work in the area...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Tips + Tricks