what would you folks do next?

Postby jimbo » Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:18 am

hey gang, got my package down to 50,000 tickets, looking to get her down to 500 maybe with or without jackpot, at least a match 4 would be nice.

did all the standard filters.

did best tickets for 500 and had a match 4, happy with result.

looking for a couple other ways to attack it.

jimbo
jimbo

Postby stan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:49 pm

[quote=jimbo:1186809527]
[/quote]

for example run those 50k tickets through draw simulation, sort the resulting numbers table, pick first xx numbers and put them into a good wheel
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

next

Postby jimbo » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:53 am

thanks stan

we'll get'er done

jimbo
jimbo

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:44 am

Hey jimbo, I know it's kind of late response but I haven't been around for awhile but, here you go.

Run a Simulation using a full package of combinations.
Look for a column that you feel has a correct prediction of increase or decrease.
If you find a column that you feel will increase in the next drawing do this. Run the Lookup Min & Max Ranges in the Winning Numbers History Filter.
Find the column the you feel will increase in the next drawing and change the Min Diff by 1, if the Min Diff is say -63 change it to - 62 and set Matching Tickets to Remove and click on Ok. You should be left with 1 combination but occurrences of more than 1 remaining combination do happen.

Goto the Statistics page and Calculate Stats for Ticket Numbers, the numbers in the remaining combination showing can be removed from your playable combinations. If the column is an increase in the next drawing then none of these numbers should be drawn. If the column turns out to be a decrease in the next drawing instead of increase, most likely one of the numbers you removed will be drawn.

If you find a column that you feel will decrease in the next drawing do this. Run the Lookup Min & Max Ranges in the Winning Numbers History Filter.
Find the column the you feel will decrease in the next drawing and change the Max Diff by 1, if the Max Diff is say 34 change it to 33 and set Matching Tickets to Remove and click on Ok. You should be left with 1 combination but occurrences of more than 1 remaining combination do happen.

Goto the Statistics page and Calculate Stats for Ticket Numbers, the numbers in the remaining combination showing can be removed from your playable combinations. If the column is a decrease in the next drawing then none of these numbers should be drawn. If the column turns out to be an increase in the next drawing instead of decrease, most likely one of the numbers you removed will be drawn.

If you are going to work with more than 1 column for this strategy always work 1 column at a time. Always reset the combinations package to a full package and be sure to reset the last column you worked with to the original Min/Max Diff settings or you will get conflicting results.

Don't go over board with this only do this for columns the you feel are sure fire increase or decrease.

I forgot to mention that this doesn't seem to work with column 0.

Hope this helps,
Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby Falcon » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:06 pm

Hi Stan or other learned EL user,

I refer to your post a couple back viz: for example run those 50k tickets through draw simulation, sort the resulting numbers table, pick first xx numbers and put them into a good wheel.

Am OK with the first bit (50k tickets through draw simulation), and I think I have the last bit OK (sort resulting numbers table and apply to a wheel etc) but it is the jump between the first bit and the last bit that I don't comprehend. How does one get the simulated data results into the numbers table? Does one need to go through a further SUMS filter process?

many thanks

Falcon
Falcon

Postby Maryland » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:54 pm

I was lost on that reply myself Falcon ;-)
Maryland

Postby stan » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:42 pm

[quote=Falcon:1199268361]
I refer to your post a couple back viz: for example run those 50k tickets through draw simulation, sort the resulting numbers table, pick first xx numbers and put them into a good wheel.

Am OK with the first bit (50k tickets through draw simulation), and I think I have the last bit OK (sort resulting numbers table and apply to a wheel etc) but it is the jump between the first bit and the last bit that I don't comprehend. How does one get the simulated data results into the numbers table? Does one need to go through a further SUMS filter process?
[/quote]

i was thinking one thing while typing other:)
it should actually read 'run those 50k tickets through draw simulation, filter full package for simulated sums +/-10 (or 15), calculate numbers stats, sort the numbers table, pick first xx numbers and put them into a good wheel'

another option is 'best tickets' filter of course
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:40 am

Thanks Stan,

I have it now, and thanks also to PadawanL some interesting thinking there.

Falcon
Falcon

Return to Tips + Tricks