Using WN History

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:54 am

[quote=lottobrain]
Hi Stan,
I'm getting more familiar with using the Winning History Charts, but still have a lot to learn. For my particular Lotto game, the Delaware Multiwin 6/35, I have only about 132 draws in the database since the game began.
(Regarding this statement I wanted to mention also that it took me awhile to figure out what the "___" tickets meant under the Update button. Of course it is the amount of draws listed in the database. At first I thought it meant that the program had picked this amount of tickets to find or filter, so perhaps you might want to chage this description there in case anyone besides myself was getting confused by it.)
[/quote]
i'm sure it is described in the documentation somewhere. with so many controls the various filters and other functions need it's difficult to design a simple and easy to understand user interface...

Returning to my starting statement....as I began to get more familiar with the program and observe more, I noticed that the grand total column of my Summary chart was increasing each draw from the previous. I had been having trouble filtering the 1.6 million combinatins with the Winning History Sums
filter and getting any tickets left in the package. For my last attempt though, after picking my -10, +10 values for the 0 thru _10 columns, I added them up to make sure that they totaled slightly more than the last grand total value before filtering, even though I had reduced the values in some columns and increased them in others. This seemed to assure that I got picks in the package. This piece of info might come in handy for anyone using the program with a smaller database. After observing this, I opened several other databases to check how the grand totals ran in the Summary pages and saw that in a lotto with hundreds or thousands of draws, the Summary page grand totals in the last column were fairly consistently the same. I'm still not clear on exactly what the program is doing (the theory) with the winning history stats, though I understand how the values move across the page from column to column. Regards, Lottobrain

i think this may have something to do with the fact that your database has 132 entries only. therefore not all numbers may have been drawn 10+ times in the lottery history so the sum values are rising slightly. but it should even out later on.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:57 am

[quote=lottobrain]
Hi Stan,
This weekend I learned a little more how to use some of the various filters in the program. Incidently, thanks for pointing me to the tutorial for much of that info which I had overlooked. I used several of these filters to make picks for the Saturday night Powerball drawing. I was a little off in my guessing for a couple of them, but was close on several after using the statistics charts for Sum, Root Sum, High-Low, etc. My main mistake in using them was that I predicted that the numbers would be 2 odd and 3 even and it was 2 even and 3 odd, so my few winning tickets were filtered out. I used them in conjunction with the Winning History Sums filter. After the drawing, I experimented several times with using the correct values for the basic filters I mentioned above + changing the vaues for the column sums where I was wrong to see how many tickets I might get had I been correct with my guesses. I also used only the Winning History filter on the 1.6 million combinations to see what it would come up with. With just the WH filter, it came up with 15 tickets, but the jackpot ticket was in these 15. Of course using this method, it took about 20 minutes for my computer to go through the 1.6 million combinations. However, when I ran the 1.6 million combos thru the Sum and Sum root filters, the odd-even, and the Hi-Low filters, then ran the remaining 16,000+ package tickets through the WH filter, the whole process took a couple of minutes and only the jackpot ticket remained in the package. For the column values in the WH filter, I used the guesses I had made that were 2 or 3 points off the final values after the draw, and changed the incorrect ones to something close to the final values just to see how good the program was without a "perfect +10 or -10 value off the final values after adding the winning ticket back into the database. Pretty impressive if one is able to make the right guesses for the various filters and get close with the WH filter.
Regards, Lottobrain
[/quote]

if you wish to use wn history features regulary i suggest that you invest into a new pc. i have 2.2 ghz amd cpu and i can filter 14 million combinations in about 15 minutes (you'll find some performace stats somewhere in this forum).

another suggestion - since your lottery has 10 times less combinations than a regular 6/49 lottery you can try playing with wider ranges, e.g. +/-20. you'll get more tickets after filtering but you'll have better chance to cover errors in your mistakes and you can always use other filters to reduce the package, e.g. the best tickets filter is a very good option in this case
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Best Tickets filter

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:49 am

I've seen the Best Tickets filter mentioned several times but I can't seem to find it in my Expert Lotto program Ver:4.1.4 build 593. Could it be listed under another name?
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:52 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I've seen the Best Tickets filter mentioned several times but I can't seem to find it in my Expert Lotto program Ver:4.1.4 build 593. Could it be listed under another name?
[/quote]

it's in the beta version only, the latest build number is 753 (i think). you'll find the download link and installation instructions in the beta versions section.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Tips + Tricks