quad-core CPUs

Postby CSenior » Mon May 05, 2008 6:18 pm

[quote=Sledge]
Very nice CSenior....are you running on air or water ?
[/quote]

Thanks! I am running strictly air with a ZALMAN 9700NT on the CPU with 7 additional 100MM (low SCFM) fans throughout the case for low noise and best air flow.
CSenior

Postby CARBOB » Mon May 05, 2008 6:42 pm

[quote=CSenior]
[quote=Sledge]
Very nice CSenior....are you running on air or water ?
[/quote]

Thanks! I am running strictly air with a ZALMAN 9700NT on the CPU with 7 additional 100MM (low SCFM) fans throughout the case for low noise and best air flow.
[/quote]

What a machine, you have it fine tuned!!! My next one will be that way.
CARBOB

Postby Bobijohn » Mon May 05, 2008 9:21 pm

Hi CARBOB

That is very impressive. Congratulations on getting your rig to where you want it. Could you perhaps share the final timings you have on the 4 gig of memory. Will keep it in mind for my next build. Thanks.

Bobijohn
Bobijohn

Postby sysp34 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:19 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
What a machine, you have it fine tuned!!! My next one will be that way.
[/quote]

Bob

before upgrading your computer why not use Windows XP Professional x64 Edition

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

i wonder how fast it could be using win xp x64, is there any el members already tried winxp x64 for expert lotto software?

thank for any info

good luck
sysp34

Postby sysp34 » Thu May 08, 2008 2:12 pm

[quote=CSenior:1210004299]
[/quote]

Csenior

what a nice cooling system, i just knew yesterday when a friend got donation desktop pc (dell optiplex 280) the cooling system pretty tough at least for me because when i plug leak processor the fan spin faster and faster i though i continued it will blow the motherboard and processor.
sysp34

Postby lottoboy » Thu May 21, 2009 5:44 am

[quote=stan:1207817538]
try something simple:
- set the thread count to 4
- load a full package
- run e.g. wnh sums filter with any settings and time how long it takes to process it (preview should be enough)
- set the thread count to 2 and repeat the filter with the same settings
- post the times here pls
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

My new PC is quard-core. But I'm not sure how can I set the thread count to 4 when I'm running EL Program? Or the PC can set the thread count to 4 automatically when my EL is working? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby stan » Thu May 21, 2009 12:54 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
My new PC is quard-core. But I'm not sure how can I set the thread count to 4 when I'm running EL Program? Or the PC can set the thread count to 4 automatically when my EL is working? Thanks.
[/quote]

you need to add the following line to app.properties file in your expert lotto folder:

multithreading.filter.threads=4
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Thu May 21, 2009 3:07 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=lottoboy]
[/quote]

you need to add the following line to app.properties file in your expert lotto folder:

multithreading.filter.threads=4
[/quote]

Stan,
Thanks for your sincere reply!

Could you let me know how can I add the information to the file in detail?
Sorry for bothering you again. Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu May 21, 2009 3:27 pm

Stan,

The information is on the screen:
"Windows cannot open the file: file:

app. properties

To open the file, Windows need to know what program you want to use to open it. Windows can go online to look it up automatically, or you ...
What do you want to do?

Use the Web service to find the correct program

Select a program from a list of installed program "

when I clicked the file :app. properties in my EL Pzckage.

How can I do that next? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu May 21, 2009 3:47 pm

Stan,
Also, I find that there is not the file "DOWNLOADS" in the Vesta OS(C:). But I can find the file:"Program Files" only. And I cannot add a new package: "download" to the Vesta OS (C:) even I tried it again and again. I'm afraid that it's not safety to download files to "program files" directly instead into "download" first. How can I do that next? Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Thu May 21, 2009 9:21 pm

Hi, Stan:

I'm looking forward to your instructions now because I can not use my EL correctly now. Thanks.
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu May 21, 2009 9:36 pm

[quote=lottoboy]
Hi, Stan:

I'm looking forward to your instructions now because I can not use my EL correctly now. Thanks.
[/quote]
Create a new folder in C: called downloads. File, new, folder, name it downloads. Easy stuff :-D
PadawanLotto

Postby lottoboy » Fri May 22, 2009 2:54 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]
Hi, Stan:

[/quote]
Create a new folder in C: called downloads. File, new, folder, name it downloads. Easy stuff :-D
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your sincere help!!! Could you tell me how can I do the below two operations as Stan said in detail:

1) get installer for windows vista from expert lotto web and install it
to "c:expertlotto";
2) add the following line to app.properties file in your expert lotto folder:
multithreading.filter.threads=4:

Thanks a loats again!!!

Best,
lb
lottoboy

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri May 22, 2009 5:34 am

[quote=lottoboy]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=lottoboy]
Hi, Stan:

[/quote]
[/quote]

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your sincere help!!! Could you tell me how can I do the below two operations as Stan said in detail:

1) get installer for windows vista from expert lotto web and install it
to "c:expertlotto"; Go here http://expertlotto.com/en/download/index.htm and MS Windows Vista operating systems Download 11.0MB.

2) add the following line to app.properties file in your expert lotto folder:
multithreading.filter.threads=4: Go to C:Program FilesExpertLotto and right click on app properties file then click edit, it should open in notepad. If it doesn't, right click on app properties file and click open with. When the window opens choose notepad place a check in the box that says (Always use selected program to open this kind of file) click Ok. Copy/Paste this line into the app properties notepad, multithreading.filter.threads=4

Thanks a loats again!!!

Best,
lb
[/quote]Good Luck!
PadawanLotto

Postby lottoboy » Fri May 22, 2009 6:49 am

Hi, Padawan:

Thanks for your sincere and detail advises!!!

But I cannot save the information:multithreading.filter.threads=4

into the notepad. The notes is on the screen: Cannot create the C:ProgramFilesExpertLottoapp.properties file. Make sure that the path and file name are correct. How can I do that next? Thanks.
lottoboy

PreviousNext

Return to Tips + Tricks