NEW FILTER: Prediction Pattern Hunter

NEW FILTER: Prediction Pattern Hunter

Postby timmac » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:20 pm

Known Issues: None
Supported: Package Filter, Custom Filter

This will appear in the Category "Tim Mac Filters 1" at the top in "Pattern Hunter".

NOTE: If the filter does not appear you will need to ensure the Tim Mac Historical filters are installed. After doing an update, go to Tools > Plugins > Available Plugins and tick the Tim Mac Historical filters and hit Install and re-start, you may want to do the Tim Mac Extra filters at the same time.

Filter is currently available when filtering a package with Reduce Filter option. Ensure that at least 25 draws are selected for the pattern hunter to work more effectively.

Note: Designed for 6/49 lotteries at present, so may not be effective or work on your lottery

The Pattern Hunter

Looks through the history of the lottery draws looking for certain recognised patterns, and then attempts to suggest balls that may come up in the next drawing that fit the pattern. It's based on theories published by a well-known American lottery expert in the 80's/90's, the name I can't mention whose first name starts with G and surname is H.

It can't predict the actual ticket of course, but can suggest balls that could be included in a bet pool of numbers. For example, it might suggest 10-20 numbers that you could include as part of a betting wheel.

Patterns

Hot Hitters
Ball's last 3 hits have skipped 5 games or less.

Example below with balls 36 and 44:
Ball 36 is currently out 2 games, then was out 5 games before, then 2 games before that. Ball 44 is currently out 4 games, was out 2 games before that, then 2 games before that.

Mirror
Ball is currently out a similar number of hits as the game one before last
eg 6 skips, 2 skips, 6 skips or 6 skips, 2 skips, 5 skips

Double Hop
Ball is currently out a similar number of hits as the previous game
eg 8 skips, 8 skips or 7 skips, 7 skips

Forward Spiral
Each skips between hits increases in size, after the next hit, there is likely a second hit within a short period
eg (newest) 3 skips, 21 skips, 14 skips, 7 skips (oldest)
The skips between games gets increasingly longer and the most recent hit shows a change of pattern

Trend Stopper
If ball has been out for a long time ie 17 games or more, after the next hit, there is likely another hit in quick succession

Lotto Symbol
Weak Symbol: If ball has a skip of 4-6 games, followed by another skip of 4-6 games, there is maybe a chance of a couple of strikes within the next few games. Since it's a weak symbol pattern, it's not as trustworthy as a strong symbol pattern.

Strong Symbol: If ball has a skip of 1-3 games, then another skip of 4-6 games, very likely to hit within next 4-6 games.

Examples below with balls 18 and 21.
Ball 18 is currently out 4 games, then previously had a skip of 4 following a weak symbol pattern.
Ball 21 hit last game, then was out 5 games, then 4 games before that, so followed a weak symbol pattern. It was a winning number in the 08-Sept-2012 draw so the Lotto Symbol weak pattern would have correctly suggested that winning number if back tested.

This pattern hunter is designed to work with 6/49 lotto games, it may work with other types of lottos but the patterns may not be the same.

Experiment with the different patterns, some may be more effective than others with your lottery, and also try experiment with different selected draw history - like 50 draws, 100, all etc

PLEASE FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS IN THREAD "How To Install Plugin" for installation instructions
Last edited by timmac on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
timmac

Re: NEW FILTER: Prediction Pattern Hunter

Postby Da80th » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:39 pm

hi,

this filter doesn't work with pick 3 game,

Da80th
Da80th

Postby andthen » Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:48 am

Hi TimMac

Thank you for all your hard work and your generosity in sharing all your great filters with us. They are really good pattern filters and I use them every week. The new one - pattern hunter - looks very promising..but i am not sure it is working properly.

If you select a min of say 3 balls to match, with the filter set to accept, then the filter will reject any tickets with more than 3 matching balls, which seems to be not what is intended ?

But if you put it into a complex filter and back test with a select min 3 matching balls, it shows that it is rejecting tickets with 1-3 matching balls....it should surely reject tickets with only 1-2 matching numbers/balls?

I could send screenshots but i am hoping you will either see what i am mean or correct me for not understanding the filter correctly, which is quite likely :)

AH
andthen

Postby timmac » Mon Feb 04, 2013 4:35 pm

andthen wrote:Hi TimMac

If you select a min of say 3 balls to match, with the filter set to accept, then the filter will reject any tickets with more than 3 matching balls, which seems to be not what is intended ?

But if you put it into a complex filter and back test with a select min 3 matching balls, it shows that it is rejecting tickets with 1-3 matching balls....it should surely reject tickets with only 1-2 matching numbers/balls?

I could send screenshots but i am hoping you will either see what i am mean or correct me for not understanding the filter correctly, which is quite likely :)

AH

Hi
Your understanding is correct and it should work the way you expect, so could be a bug in the implementation with your lottery.

Let's take an example, for the UK National Lottery 6/49 lottery.
If I select 25 draws, the filter selects the following balls matching the patterns. If I select 2 of these patterns, the numbers matching Trend Stopper and Lotto Symbol patterns are 4,17,32,18,21,48. If I say that a minimum of 3 Balls Must Match then a ticket is accepted if it has at least 3 balls out of 4,17,32,18,21,48.

eg.

Min 3 matches:

1,4,8,18,32,47 ACCEPT (4,18,32)
4,17,18,32,47 ACCEPT (4,17, 18,32)
1,3,4,8,25,33,47 REJECT (1 match: 4)
1,3,4,17,25,33,47 REJECT (2 matches: 4,17)

If we change the Balls Must Match (min) to 6 then only one ticket will match:

That's the theory anyway, so if you are not getting these expected results, then looks like there may be a bug somewhere which I can fix. Can you let me know the lottery you are using and the settings so I can see what you are getting

Thanks
timmac

Postby andthen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:25 am

hi - thanks for replying..
i haven't mastered the art of beautifully inserting screen shots, but i have attached one of the error messages i receive together with a word doc of cut and paste screenshots
I mainly play a 7/45 lottery...but do have a 6/45 set up as well and get the same result..thanks again for everything :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andthen

Postby timmac » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:01 pm

andthen wrote:hi - thanks for replying..
i haven't mastered the art of beautifully inserting screen shots, but i have attached one of the error messages i receive together with a word doc of cut and paste screenshots
I mainly play a 7/45 lottery...but do have a 6/45 set up as well and get the same result..thanks again for everything :)

Hi

I've tried reproducing the accepting/rejecting issue with my lottery but seems to be working as expected, so best thing would be for you to give me the exact steps you are going through so that I can be sure I am getting the same results as you.

Firstly, I can see from the screenshot that you are using a Tuesday Lottery (Australia). I don't seem to have that in my list of Australia lotteries to set up. Is that a custom one? How did you get it listed? Do you have the same issue with the accept/reject on another lottery that I might have on my list? Could you give me the exact lottery name?

What are the next steps you are doing? I think you are doing the following.

1. Create full wheel package of all combinations then Reduce > Filter, choose a few numbers from the suggested balls and some that are not in the suggested balls.
2. Create a package with a wheel using those 10 balls so maybe 4 in suggestions, 6 not in suggestions
3. Use Package > Reduce Filter again and tick all the checkboxes and set Min Ball Match to 4 etc

It should reduce the package wheel to only those tickets that have at least 4 balls in all the suggestions.

But you are saying that it's accepting all the tickets regardless of whether they have 4 balls from the suggestions?

Is that right?

If you could let me know the step by step that you are going through so that I can reproduce the issue here or give an explanation why it's behaving that way

Regarding the second issue - when is that java error appearing exactly since your screenshots suggest you are opening the filter. Is it when you are pressing a certain button or choosing a certain option etc? Again, exact steps for me to reproduce what you are doing will help to locate the bug.

Thanks
Tim
timmac

Postby andthen » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm

yes the steps you outline are right and the outcome is the reverse of what it should be. The "Tuesday Lottery"is a version of Oz Lotto in Australia. I have run the filter through the EL shipped version of Oz Lotto and same problem arises.

As soon as i open the filter the java error message appears - see attached..this is new. I got same error message when i changed ball setting on filter from 4 to 5.
Again backtesting through a complex filter produces results that don't seem to agree with filter settings. I was wondering if you could re do the filter to have a min and a max selection as per your other filters?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andthen

Postby adventador » Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Hi,
Is it normal that on a selection of 36 "winning tickets",( so > 25) Filter Pattern Hunter gives me nothing. I'm on a French 5/49 lotto.
adventador

Postby stan » Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:41 am

adventador wrote:Hi,
Is it normal that on a selection of 36 "winning tickets",( so > 25) Filter Pattern Hunter gives me nothing. I'm on a French 5/49 lotto.

Sorry, I'm not that familiar with that filter, it's one of Timmac's plugins, you'll have to ask him.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby adventador » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:04 pm

In fact , it should be a pb with java and windows version :

I have a problem about your Filter, may be it's about Java with number format
could someone help me ?

Thank's for all

Here is a part of exception report :
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please describe what your were doing when the exception occurred:

Lottery: Loto Français
Folder: C:\Users\P.....\Lotteries\Loto Français
URL: http://fdj.fr

Application: Expert Lotto 5.7 [150321]
Java: 1.8.0_40; Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 25.40-b25
OS: Windows 7 version 6.1 running on x86; fr_FR (expertlotto)

Exception:
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "0,80"
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.parseDouble(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Double.<init>(Unknown Source)
at expertlotto.timmac.historical.DSHCustomizer.jButton1ActionPerformed(DSHCustomizer.java:420)
at expertlotto.timmac.historical.DSHCustomizer.access$000(DSHCustomizer.java:33)
at expertlotto.timmac.historical.DSHCustomizer$2.actionPerformed(DSHCustomizer.java:138)
adventador

Postby adventador » Thu May 07, 2015 11:42 am

Hi,
Is there somehome who can explain ?
adventador

Postby stan » Fri May 08, 2015 11:15 pm

adventador wrote:Hi,
Is there somehome who can explain ?

I fixed that problem and uploaded a new version of the plugin.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby adventador » Thu May 14, 2015 6:04 pm

Thank's for all, Stan
adventador

Return to Plugin Development