Mutual Match

Mutual Match

Postby goldenarm » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:44 am

Package - Reduce - Mutual Match

I have created a full wheel of all 6 number combinations of 10 numbers giving me a package of 210(which is correct). I then use the mutual match reduction with Match 5 setting (no min max) to try and get 5/6 reduced system but it only filters out 1 ticket, I have tried different min and max settings but fail every time. Am I misunderstanding what mutual match does or am I doing something wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
goldenarm

Re: Mutual Match

Postby stan » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:18 pm

that's correct behavior. if you look at the generated tickets you'll see that each ticket matches the following ticket in 5 numbers. except for the last one which has no other ticket to compare with so it gets filtered out.
try shuffling the tickets randomly before applying this filter.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby goldenarm » Mon May 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Thanks for the reply, I have tried shuffling a few times like you suggested and seem to get different results each time. Am I heading in the wrong direction trying to get this function to give me a "5 if 6" "4 if 6" etc. result?

I have read on the forum about the coverage filter with a option minimizer in EL4 that seemed to do what I am looking to do and that it would be incorporated into a future version of EL5, is this the only way I could do what am trying to do or is there possibly another way to do it with the current version?

Cheers
goldenarm

Postby stan » Tue May 03, 2011 12:24 pm

goldenarm wrote:Thanks for the reply, I have tried shuffling a few times like you suggested and seem to get different results each time. Am I heading in the wrong direction trying to get this function to give me a "5 if 6" "4 if 6" etc. result?

you can try 'random numbers' generator (menu 'package - insert - random numbers') and set 'maximum overlap' to 5 or 4 numbers only. but you'll have to stop the ticket generator manually when it runs out of combinations that meet the given maximum overlap condition.
a wheel created this way won't be the smallest one in the world but it's a good approximation. and there are also some wheels on internet you can download (see the links section at our website)

I have read on the forum about the coverage filter with a option minimizer in EL4 that seemed to do what I am looking to do and that it would be incorporated into a future version of EL5, is this the only way I could do what am trying to do or is there possibly another way to do it with the current version?

there's no proper way to create wheels in expert lotto 5 - besides the workaround described above. the coverage filters will be added in the next application release.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby goldenarm » Wed May 04, 2011 11:18 pm

Thanks
goldenarm

Return to Anything Else