memory problem

memory problem

Postby shuelala » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:17 am

Hi stan,

my computer have 5 gigs of ram, but expertlotto 5.xx or Dev version only use 247.5MB max in my computer, I just wandering is only limited to this, can I increase memory up to 1 gigs, then I can run 20 or more complex filters simultanteously. because I created lots of complex filters for different results approach.

Thanks!
shuelala

Re: memory problem

Postby stan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:08 pm

first of all you should get 64bit java. expert lotto can use only 1gb of ram when using 32bit version of java.
so if you don't have 64bit java installed, uninstall all 32bit version of java, download and install 64bit version here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/index.html

then find the windows shortcut which runs expert lotto, right-click and select 'properties'. into 'target' field add the following parameter: -J-Xmx2048m
it will give expert lotto 2gb of ram limit. naturally, you can increase/decrease that limit as you like.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby mccoyreal » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:41 am

Hi Stan.

I have a similar issue after upgrading to 5.1 and trying to run Optimize Coverage I get after 20 sec the error "Not Enough Memory"

My system is a 8 cores Xeon with 12GB of RAM, windows 7 64 bit and I do have java 64 bit installed.

I tried the option -J-Xmx and get the an error when trying to launch the program.

Help greatly appreciated.

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mccoyreal

Postby stan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:11 pm

mccoyreal wrote:
I tried the option -J-Xmx and get the an error when trying to launch the program.

the option should be
Code: Select all
-J-Xmx1000M
- that will give expert lotto about 1gb of available ram. you can use a higher number but you must be using 64-bit version of java
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else