just a thought

just a thought

Postby LottoTrout » Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:10 pm

hi stan

Thought some thing like this would be another approach to predictions have a look at it.

program( lottery statistics analyser ) you might be able to incorporate this into el 5
LottoTrout

Re: just a thought

Postby stan » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:13 pm

sorry, which program are you referring to?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Re: just a thought=site

Postby LottoTrout » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:33 am

LottoTrout

Postby stan » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:41 am

any particular feature from that software that is worth implementing in expert lotto?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:51 pm

Probably the most interesting feature which would be worth implementing in EL5 is the possibility to perform LOWESS regression on past numbers to predict next drawing's numbers.
I understand that it is, or could be, a useful tool for winning the lower prizes more often.

LOWESS (locally weighted scatterplot smoothing) is a modern modelling method that is build on classical linear and nonlinear least square regression. There is also LOESS regression. However, I am not a mathematician and I can't discuss this matter in details.
Jerzy

Postby LottoTrout » Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:46 am

jerzy about says all there is needed..... have tried it out and i have found that it comes close but the program needs more work(fine tuning in regards the settings for adjusting the ranges etc,) and i do not see any thing being updated this could be another feature that could be added to el.5 try it maybe you might fined it worth while. lotto trout
LottoTrout

Postby daniel » Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:17 am

Jerzy wrote:Probably the most interesting feature which would be worth implementing in EL5 is the possibility to perform LOWESS regression on past numbers to predict next drawing's numbers.
I understand that it is, or could be, a useful tool for winning the lower prizes more often.

LOWESS (locally weighted scatterplot smoothing) is a modern modelling method that is build on classical linear and nonlinear least square regression. There is also LOESS regression. However, I am not a mathematician and I can't discuss this matter in details.

If anyone would like to experiment with LOESS Smoothing in Excel, there is an Add-In available.

http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/loess- ... me-update/

daniel
daniel

Postby stan » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:28 pm

Jerzy wrote:LOWESS (locally weighted scatterplot smoothing) is a modern modelling method that is build on classical linear and nonlinear least square regression. There is also LOESS regression. However, I am not a mathematician and I can't discuss this matter in details.

ok, i'll look at it. it shouldn't be too hard...
i suppose it could be implemented either as another prediction algorithm or as a chart indicator (or both)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby LottoTrout » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:20 am

thanks stan

i will get back to you on this when i have more time.... thank you for taking the time to look at the program.
LottoTrout

Return to Anything Else