Problem with Number Groups

Problem with Number Groups

Postby Gatsby » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 pm

Hi Stan,

When using Number Groups there is to be a problem:

I created and used number groups manager to save 20 groups. Then i was comparing the distribution in winning numbers properties as well in package properties. When i turned off the computer and reopen it again, all the groups i´ve created were gone, except default :(

So, i loaded one again one group and exit the EL5. Reopen it and the same :( the one i created wasn´t saved again.

Another thing i´ve noticed, previous to loosing all that goups, when i was comparing and filtering from the package with the distribution of the latest one the filter wasn´t filtering as the last distribution of that group, but it seemed to be accepting more combinations. Example: the last distribution was 1-1-1-2, and distributions as 2-1-1-1 were being left in the package...

Can you give a look at this?

Thanks
Gatsby

Re: Problem with Number Groups

Postby Gatsby » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:34 pm

Hi Stan,

This is really frustating, i´ve loaded once again a group called "Quadrants" and was comparing the distribution of the last winning combination with the package. Then i proceeded to filter using Statistical filter to accept all the combinations in the package which have the same pattern. In the case the last distribution pattern was 1-2-1-1 and i selected "ten latest draws, selected friday and tuesday, 4 to 4 and latest =1, then accept". A lot of different combinations with diferent patterns from this were left in the package. Besides that, when i move to create another package and was going to use the statisticall filter, the stats filter didn´t pop-up. I closed the application and reopen it again, not only the statistical filter isn´t popin up, but the only group in the group manager was the default group...

Can this have any thing to do with the option friday and tuesday?

Is the program confusing latest = 1 between friday and tuesday?

Why does it not save the groups?

Why didn´t the statistical filter open when i ticked it?

Can the anti-virus or a program like Advanced System Care perturb in any way EL5?

Am i doing something wrong in the way i filter (isn´t latest = 1 equal to the latest distribution pattern for the selected group?)

Hope you can help,

Regards,

Actualization: stasts filter is working but the filtering process seems to be giving incorrect results,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 pm

what exactly are you trying to achieve? please note that 'number groups' in statistical filter won't find tickets with the same pattern as the latest draw. instead you should be using 'number groups patterns' filter with 1 latest draw.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:49 am

Hi Stan,

I guess you´re right, the filter to use is "number groups pattern". But what if i want to filter all the patterns/distributions that have occured more than 2 or 3 times in the latest 10 to 15 draws?

BTW, so how am i supposed to work with number groups in the stats filter? Maybe i´m questioning something that was already ansewred but though i´m follwing EL forums only now i´m starting to use EL again.

Anyway, the group manager isn´t memorizing the groups and it´s comportment seems erratic. I had 4 groups when i turned the computer off yesterday, today only one appeared and it wasn´t the default group as in the other times (?)

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby stan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:21 pm

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

I guess you´re right, the filter to use is "number groups pattern". But what if i want to filter all the patterns/distributions that have occured more than 2 or 3 times in the latest 10 to 15 draws?

there's an outstanding request to have summary stats for number groups patterns. but until it is implemented you'll have to check past patterns manually and then use 'number groups pattern' filter where you'll have to select the single past draw that has the pattern you want to filter.

BTW, so how am i supposed to work with number groups in the stats filter? Maybe i´m questioning something that was already ansewred but though i´m follwing EL forums only now i´m starting to use EL again.

number groups summary stats track hits of individual groups within the number group set. the same applies to stats filter with number groups.

Anyway, the group manager isn´t memorizing the groups and it´s comportment seems erratic. I had 4 groups when i turned the computer off yesterday, today only one appeared and it wasn´t the default group as in the other times (?)

are you running the latest version of expert lotto? what is the version number in your 'about' window?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:22 pm

Hi Stan,

Didn´t realize there were so much requests for Number groups :)

If i don´t mistake i think i also ask you for a number group manager for groups in ticket positions?

I´m using expertloto version 5.1.1 (120121) and i reinforce that the Group manager isn´t memorizing the groups i create. Today i created 2 new groups, when i reopen the EL program the only group available was "Default"..??

sometime ago i alerted you to the fact that the groups weren´t being saved, that problem was solved but this problem semms to be happening again. I don´t know if this happening with other users, but it´s happening to me. can be this caused by some option in EL or were the groups are saved?

I´ve downloded EL5 again and the problem keeps, so there is something that is deleting from memory the groups i create ... (?) I have EL5 and EL5 dev build sharing the same lottery folde but i think this is not the cause, can you envisage some other situation that could trigger this?

Regards,
Gatsby

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:00 am

If I create just one custom numbers group I have no problem keeping the custom group. I use a custom group Decade playing a 5/39 1-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 which isn't all that different from the default group. Something to consider if you the First Digit filter in Winning Number Analyzer and choose limited ranges for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th positions you have set a number group range. Playing a 5/39 and filtering First Digits in the Winning Numbers Analyzer I choose pos1 = 0, pos2= 0-1, and pos2 = 0-1, and pos3 = 1-2, and pos4 = 2-3, and pos5 = 3, filter accept I get Number groups of 3-4 which is the most common occurrence for number groups.

If you want to filter out past drawn number group patterns selectively you would need to go to Filters>Winning Numbers>Number Groups Patterns and Select Latest Draws 1, or Latest Draws 2 to 2, and/or Latest Draws 3 to 3, or what ever Latest Draws Number groups pattern that you want to remove and choose reject.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:44 am

Gatsby wrote:Hi Stan,

Didn´t realize there were so much requests for Number groups :)

If i don´t mistake i think i also ask you for a number group manager for groups in ticket positions?

I´m using expertloto version 5.1.1 (120121) and i reinforce that the Group manager isn´t memorizing the groups i create. Today i created 2 new groups, when i reopen the EL program the only group available was "Default"..??

sometime ago i alerted you to the fact that the groups weren´t being saved, that problem was solved but this problem semms to be happening again. I don´t know if this happening with other users, but it´s happening to me. can be this caused by some option in EL or were the groups are saved?

I´ve downloded EL5 again and the problem keeps, so there is something that is deleting from memory the groups i create ... (?) I have EL5 and EL5 dev build sharing the same lottery folde but i think this is not the cause, can you envisage some other situation that could trigger this?

Regards,

- the number groups are always created for a specific lottery. so if you create some number groups in lottery A and then switch to lottery B you won't see number groups from lottery A. so are you sure you are opening the lottery folder?
- if you have the latest release and the dev build running at the same time and have the same lottery folder then one application instance may overwrite number group changes made in other application instance
- which version of java are you using (see menu 'help - about'). there were some problems when running expert lotto with java 1.7 but those should be fixed by now
- do you use windows task manager to quit expert lotto or do you close it using menu 'file - exit' or by clicking the close button at top right corner?
- also next time you start expert lotto and see that some number groups are missing click menu 'view - application log' and email me the contents of the log window, thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:48 am

Hi, thanks for both your replies.

Stan,

- i use allways the same lottery which is Euromillions, wich was being shared by EL 5.1 and the Dev Build.
- i usually only have one lottery open
- i´m using java 1.6.0_29 version
- i try to use the "file-exit" button

I did this: i created a copy of "EM lotery folder" to use with Dev Build. Then i created different groups in the EL and in the Dev Version too. Opening each one of them showed different groups as expected. I closed each one of them several times, reopened them and the groups appeared as i´ve made them in both versions. I didn´t turned off the computer, i will take note of the groups and tomorrow i will see if they are intact, them i will give notice to you.

I didn´t want to have to create another copy of the lottery to the dev build (that way i will have to replicate every filter to both programs i suppose, but if this turns out to be the only way to prevent groups from dissapear, so it will be, unless i can copy some file between both programs). Well, let me see how this works first.

Thanks,
Gatsby

Postby igorp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:27 pm

I had a similar problem when I was loosing a N/groups (have more that 50 grps.) after restarting E/L. Problem resolved passing on dev. build.
igorp

Postby stan » Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:44 pm

Gatsby wrote:I didn´t want to have to create another copy of the lottery to the dev build (that way i will have to replicate every filter to both programs i suppose, but if this turns out to be the only way to prevent groups from dissapear, so it will be, unless i can copy some file between both programs). Well, let me see how this works first.

it is perfectly ok to open the same lottery in the release version of expert lotto and in the dev builds. the applications just cannot be running at the same time, it can lead to data corruption.

number groups settings are stored in <lottery folder>\.settings\numbergroups.properties file
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby pusha » Sat Jan 28, 2012 2:00 am

Hi Stan,

is it possible to select the Number Group pattern in the future? E.g.:

some drawings pattern has different allocation like:

So it would be nice to be able to select all combination of this specific Number Group pattern. It's hard to predict which Number Group has how many hit's.

Cheers,

pusha.
pusha

Postby Gatsby » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:08 am

Hi to you both,

I´ve been running EL Dev Build now without problems. But still i don´t know if it is safe to use number groups under stats filter, and how to interpret how it filters (i think i got to study more) so i will keep using only "Number Group Pattern".

Stan, considering what Pusha said, can we use "Number groups pattern" safelly in the Predictor?

Another question is does it make sense to check Performance for "Number Groups Pattern"?

Thanks,
Gatsby

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:03 pm

pusha wrote:Hi Stan,

is it possible to select the Number Group pattern in the future? E.g.:

some drawings pattern has different allocation like:

So it would be nice to be able to select all combination of this specific Number Group pattern. It's hard to predict which Number Group has how many hit's.

Cheers,

pusha.
If using the Default number groups group count, filter group count 4 accept and you will get all of the Number Group Patterns you are looking for.
PadawanLotto

Postby pusha » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:07 pm

Hi Pada,

i'm on Dev Build too, when using NGP i have to set for a past draw range or a specific draw which has the desired pattern, but the problem is it only filters out combination with the exact same pattern.

Let say the draw i've choosed has 1211 pattern so the filter only filters out that pattern, other pattern like 2111,1121,1112 are being ignored.

Group1---Group2---Group3---Group4---Group5
-1-10------11-20-----21-30------31-40----41-50--

So if the draw being choosed has 1211, it has 1 hit in Group 1, 2 hit in Group 2, and 1 hit in Group 3 & 4. But what we want is all possible Pattern combinations from our Package. Therefore it would be useful to have a pattern range which considers all Group hit Combination with that pattern.

Cheers,

pusha.
pusha

Next

Return to Anything Else