Stumped on a few things (mainly filters)

Stumped on a few things (mainly filters)

Postby LottoPerro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:52 am

Hello all. I am really liking what I have so far with Expert Lotto. But what I don't get is a few very basic filters and where to find them and how to set them up. The documentation on everything is a bit confusing to me and I'd like to get step-by-step examples of how to set up filters which I'm about to explain right now (based on Powerball and Mega Millions)

1. The filter that weeds out consecutive numbers combinations (i.e., 1-2-3-4-5-6).
2. The filter that weeds out combinations with patterns that have the same digit at the beginning and/or the end (i.e., 1-11-21-31-41-51 (end) or 3-33-37-35-34-32 (beginning)).
3. The filter that weeds out combinations with a multiples pattern (i.e., 6-12-18-24-30-36).

It should be obvious that the consecutive numbers filter and the first/last digit filter should do the job for the first two (respectively), but I cannot find the one that does the job for the third one. However, the documentation for those filters are what's confusing me, actually. How would I set up the filters to do everything I described above?

On another note, I'd like to get ideas on how to effectively use the segments filter. Like how to analyze the segments and attempt to weed out those combinations that meet certain criteria. Thanks in advance.
LottoPerro

Re: Stumped on a few things (mainly filters)

Postby stan » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:00 pm

LottoPerro wrote:Hello all. I am really liking what I have so far with Expert Lotto. But what I don't get is a few very basic filters and where to find them and how to set them up. The documentation on everything is a bit confusing to me and I'd like to get step-by-step examples of how to set up filters which I'm about to explain right now (based on Powerball and Mega Millions)

1. The filter that weeds out consecutive numbers combinations (i.e., 1-2-3-4-5-6).

Try Consecutive Numbers filter - for the example above you need settings 'The count of 6 consecutive numbers is 6 to 6'

2. The filter that weeds out combinations with patterns that have the same digit at the beginning and/or the end (i.e., 1-11-21-31-41-51 (end) or 3-33-37-35-34-32 (beginning)).

Positional First/Last Digits filter should do the job.

3. The filter that weeds out combinations with a multiples pattern (i.e., 6-12-18-24-30-36).

There isn't any filter for multiples. But you can setup a Numbers at Positions filter and enter the multiples manually.

On another note, I'd like to get ideas on how to effectively use the segments filter. Like how to analyze the segments and attempt to weed out those combinations that meet certain criteria. Thanks in advance.

[/quote]
There are some video tutorials linked in the board, did you watch them?
We're also preparing a detailed guide with a lot of useful hints..
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby LottoPerro » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:22 pm

Awesome. Appreciate the reply, Stan. Any ETA on that guide? I'll have to watch those videos more thoroughly now.
LottoPerro

Postby stan » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:30 am

The guide is about 50 pages (with a lot of pictures though) and I'm half-way through it. I want to have it translated by the end of the month.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby LottoPerro » Mon Jun 18, 2012 7:01 pm

Sweet, and when it comes out, who would it be available to? Expert Lotto users only? Everyone? Or what? Charging for it or not?

Also, upon watching the videos on the segments filter, it seems like the guy explained how to get down to the numbers and all after they've been drawn. Any tips on how to use the segments filter BEFORE the numbers are drawn?
LottoPerro

Postby stan » Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:03 am

LottoPerro wrote:Sweet, and when it comes out, who would it be available to? Expert Lotto users only? Everyone? Or what? Charging for it or not?

We won't charge anything for it. It'll be probably available to all registered users (in the Jackpot section of this forum).

Also, upon watching the videos on the segments filter, it seems like the guy explained how to get down to the numbers and all after they've been drawn. Any tips on how to use the segments filter BEFORE the numbers are drawn?

It will be covered in the guide.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby LottoPerro » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:05 am

Awesome, looking forward to the guide, Stan. BTW, are you on the other side of the world or something? It says you've been replying to these posts at 3:00 AM haha.

I'd like to get an idea on how to filter down to a respectable amount of tickets without having to use the random tickets and/or the best tickets filters.
LottoPerro

Postby stan » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:39 am

Yes, we're from Central Europe, so our time zone is GMT+1
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else