Help understanding Segments

Help understanding Segments

Postby Bruce » Thu May 23, 2013 12:26 am

Is there anyone who feels up to helping a newbie? I'm a little thick, but I'm commited to this program, I believe in it. I just cannot picture how to work with all the information. Recently I broke new ground with the History Sums, and can make it work after the lottery has been drawn. This was a real moment for me, and once I figured out how to enter the differences ranges, I was very happy.

I've also been looking at the charts (History Summary) and feel that I'm at the beggining of my own strategy. If I could learn a technique of predicting direction and range, I guess we'd all be winners. But there is probably a way, and I just don't know what questions to ask.

I will however humble myself and ask anyone for some advice on how to think about the goals and techniques of EL5.

Specifically segments and segmentation, I've read the help literature, and cannot get a firm grip on the concept.

I appreciate you reading this, and any advice you can share.

Sincerely,
Bruce
Bruce

Re: Help understanding Segments

Postby stan » Thu May 23, 2013 8:05 am

Bruce wrote:Specifically segments and segmentation, I've read the help literature, and cannot get a firm grip on the concept.

If you open Latest History window, sort the Number History in a given level in ascending order and divide the numbers in 'Number' column into three parts then those are 'segments' in that level.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bruce » Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 pm

stan wrote:divide the numbers in 'Number' column into three parts then those are 'segments' in that level.

Thanks Stan, but I'm still unclear.

Latest History, Number History, Level 1 in ascending order. Ok, I'm there. The first number under the Level 1 header is a +1. What do you mean when you say divide this number into three parts?
Bruce

Postby stan » Thu May 23, 2013 9:01 pm

Bruce wrote:
stan wrote:divide the numbers in 'Number' column into three parts then those are 'segments' in that level.

Thanks Stan, but I'm still unclear.

Latest History, Number History, Level 1 in ascending order. Ok, I'm there. The first number under the Level 1 header is a +1. What do you mean when you say divide this number into three parts?

No. The rows that have values +1 to +6 (and have white background) are differences from the first segment. The actual pool numbers of that segment are in the left most column labeled 'number'. Rows that have values +7 to +12 (pink background) are the differences of the second segment. Again the numbers from that segment are listed in the left most column. The remaining numbers are the third segment.
This applies to all levels.

When you switch to Segmentation tab you will get the same info. Except that segment differences are in the left most column and pool numbers are in columns labeled '1' to '6'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bruce » Fri May 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Thank you Stan, I have been unable to connect the dots here, but your reply helps. I read of the white/pink/red highlighted areas and the number ranges, but have been unable to fully understand.

I'm pysch'd about my progress, my test runs have been producing impressive results. But honestly I'm only guessing at the ranges. I'd like to have the brain power to dive into the Simulation results.

Know anyone near West Virginia who'd like to get together as a team?

Thanks again,
Bruce
Bruce

Postby stan » Fri May 24, 2013 6:03 pm

Bruce wrote:Thank you Stan, I have been unable to connect the dots here, but your reply helps. I read of the white/pink/red highlighted areas and the number ranges, but have been unable to fully understand.

I'm pysch'd about my progress, my test runs have been producing impressive results. But honestly I'm only guessing at the ranges. I'd like to have the brain power to dive into the Simulation results.

Anything specific you don't understand or the general concept?

In each level the number pool is divided into three parts (segments). The background color in Latest History table highlights each part of the number pool. Note that this segmentation is different in each level.
The criteria which pool number belongs to which part/segment is the History Difference of that number in a given level. If that difference is in the range of 1 to 6 then the number goes into the first part/segment, if it's in the range of 7 to 12 it goes into the second segment, the rest of the numbers go to the last segment.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bruce » Fri May 24, 2013 11:48 pm

I've read the Help on segments, and it is very thorough. My problem is in applying it.

In writing my response to you it's becoming more clear. I just don't know how to apply this information to narrow down my package.

Since it seems to me that most Segment Differences are <6 what would I do next.

I found in the forum some advice you gave someone, and in it you said to run a Simulation.

It's a solid piece of work you've done with this, I feel like an ant next to it :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bruce

Postby motiram » Sat May 25, 2013 1:59 am

Hello Bruce,
please see the file is attached
hope this help if not i will try again,
regards,
Moti
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
motiram

Postby andthen » Sat May 25, 2013 2:29 am

Hi Bruce
I started using EL a year or so ago and was likewise mystified by differences and segments for quite a while too. If you aren't already aware levels are games and segments are groups of games going back in time (ie history). Level 0 is last week's draw and segment one as default is the last 6 drawn games. Most winning numbers tend to come from the last six games (because in six games most numbers have had a chance to be drawn) hence why that segment is largest.

You can adjust levels or games back in the tools section. Default is 11. However I work with 31. Segments you can alter in the tools as well to look at possible different patterns.

The plus and minus numbers are a little more complex but they refer to what is usually called in lottery parlance, a skip...or since it last was drawn.

Look at Level 0 in latest history, click the top of the column to sort the numbers into skip or differences order and you will see that the last numbers drawn now all have a number 1. The red numbers at the bottom are the coldest. Each time the lottery is drawn, a new level is created and those numbers are pushed over from Level 0 to level 1 and so on. History calculates the total value each week of the level as it changes with each draw. And that is what the prediction of differences or sums is all about. Each level's total is at the bottom of the column. The sum is the total of the level and the difference the +/- figure is the change in that sum's value from the previous draw.

At this point it does get a bit mathematical in how these sums are actually calculated and the best way to understand this process is to open a latest history window. (maybe open the history help page too).

Click the What If tool bar to display it and type in numbers into What If..this will then show you the change in sums and differences that those numbers will cause along all the levels. If you look at the bottom of the column you will see the predicted sums and differences. A simple method of +/- prediction for any given level can be assessed visually in latest history. Set Level O to drawn order by clicking at the top. This will set the numbers in Level 0 from white to dark red. White will be most likely where most of the next numbers drawn will come from...dark red the least.

As you look along the levels..any with alot of dark red numbers that are in the top to middle half of the column would suggest that that level will record a - in the next draw. If those numbers are "drawn" (they aren't - only the numbers in L0 are drawn but they impact along the history levels)...and they land on a dark red...that numerical value say it is +25 is then "lost" from that level as it moves to the next level and becomes a - in the final total as the total sum of that level is likely to be lower than the week before. Similarly if a level has large amounts of white in the top to middle section it is likely it will be a + in the next draw...Of course the change in each level's sum each week is caused not only by the numbers in that level but the level prior..i might leave it there before i get myself in a knot!!

Hope this helps.
andthen

Postby Bruce » Sat May 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Hi Moti,

I'm studying your attachment and it's good stuff.

Thank you,
Bruce
Bruce

Postby Bruce » Sat May 25, 2013 6:02 pm

Hello andthen,

Your input has greatly helped me. I'm studying your text now.

Thank you,
Bruce
Bruce

Postby motiram » Sat May 25, 2013 6:57 pm

Bruce wrote:Hi Moti,
I'm studying your attachment and it's good stuff.

please see new file is attached
hope this will help you more
regards,
Moti
motiram

Postby Bruce » Sun May 26, 2013 8:27 pm

Hello andthen,

andthen wrote:Level 0 is last week's draw and segment one as default is the last 6 drawn games.

I have to keep reminding myself that the numbers that fall in the white section are there because their difference is <6, not because they themselves are 6 or less. So when I’m looking at the Summary History (Segmentation) I frequently get confused. But just having someone to discuss it with is helping more than I would have imagined.

Thanks for the help, I'm continuing to study your reply. My math skills are not great, but once I get something I have locked down. It's just getting to that point and trying avoid burnout. I do keep coming back to EL because I see the potential.

Sincerely,
Bruce
Bruce

Postby Bruce » Sun May 26, 2013 8:32 pm

Hi Moti,
I’ve been studying the attachments you gave me. And I don’t know what I would have done without them; they have moved me along nicely.

But I have questions:

Are you saying that the Difference column is referring to previous draws, such as Difference row 3 is referring to segments from 3 draws ago? I thought it was based on the difference in the level history sum.

Latest History, Segmentation: How is the Sum Differences at the bottom of the chart determined?

Sincerely,
Bruce
Bruce

Postby Bruce » Sun May 26, 2013 10:04 pm

Ok, I now understand Segmentation Level 0. It makes sense to me now that I understand the Differences are past draws.

Now my understanding is shaken for the meaning of Level 1 and beyond.

? Level 1, Difference row 1, what is this telling me about these numbers?

Bruce
Bruce

Next

Return to Anything Else