Complex filter

Complex filter

Postby george39 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:02 am

Have set up a comlex filter to automate a number of tasks but need help to clarify how something works.
It appears to me that analysing the quads drawn for all draws and eliminating those previously drawn cuts out a lot of tickets without doing much harm to your chances. Quick analysis shows that quads seldom repeat. Within the complex filter I set up the statistical filter to analyse quads for all except last draw then do a backtest for the last last 52 draws. When doing the backtest does the filter look at the draw say seven draws back and then analyse prior quads drawn from the start to the eighth draw back. I suspect that this is what should happen but as my backtest results show that 36 draws were eliminated from the 52 on this criteria alone then it seems otherwise.
As further information the filter is set up to look at the occurrence value and accept those with a value < 1.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
george39

Re: Complex filter

Postby stan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:01 am

george39 wrote:Have set up a comlex filter to automate a number of tasks but need help to clarify how something works.
It appears to me that analysing the quads drawn for all draws and eliminating those previously drawn cuts out a lot of tickets without doing much harm to your chances. Quick analysis shows that quads seldom repeat. Within the complex filter I set up the statistical filter to analyse quads for all except last draw

You don't need to exclude the latest draw from filter's draw selection. When back-testing the application automatically excludes the tested draw (the latest one) from the draws passed into the filter. In other words - when back-testing the filter always thinks the latest draw didn't happen yet.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby george39 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:22 am

Thanks for that Stan.

Another question please - When I analyse, for say quads in Tattslotto Australia, are the two bonus numbers included in the analysis. I am not using "bonus as main" so expect only main numbers are analysed. Would you please clarify that for me.

Thanks again.
george39

Postby stan » Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:27 am

george39 wrote:Thanks for that Stan.

Another question please - When I analyse, for say quads in Tattslotto Australia, are the two bonus numbers included in the analysis. I am not using "bonus as main" so expect only main numbers are analysed. Would you please clarify that for me.

Thanks again.

No, only the main numbers are analyzed - applies to all stats.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else