Winning Numbers - Analyzer

Winning Numbers - Analyzer

Postby dreamweaver » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:36 am

Hi Stan,

I might have done something in a setting but I am attempting to analyse winning numbers for a lotto game and I do
believe I am not getting the "correct" results.

I am playing a 7/45 lotto game and I want to analyze consecutive pairs over all draws which in my case I have
452 draws. I know that from the last draw the winning numbers contained (2) sets of consecutive pairs

The winning numbers were as follows:

Date 10/7/2014

16, 44, 2, 17, 1, 32, 34 Bonus Numbers : 35,5

From the above draw there are of course the pairs (1-2) & (16-17).

After selecting the statistical results for Consecutive Pairs in the Winning Numbers Analysis Table shouldn't the pairs from above identified in column "Pair" and in their respective rows contain a value of "1" for the column labelled "Latest" as a result of their occurrence in the last draw. Instead the value is showing the previous occurrence of those pairs from prior draws
which in this case the pairs (1-2) occurred in draw 104 and the pairs (16-17) occurred in draw 14.

Am I getting the "correct" results as per what this is designed to do or do I need to do something else to obtain a different result.

Cheers
dreamweaver

Re: Winning Numbers - Analyzer

Postby dreamweaver » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:02 am

Hi Stan,

I think I found the problem. My database of winning numbers are not sorted in either ascending or descending order. They have been
entered into the system as they had been drawn, which means that if two consecutive pairs are drawn in a lotto game and they do not
get drawn consecutively then it seems EL will not legitimately recognise those pairs.

i.e. from the example provided looking at pairs (1-2) they were not drawn in consecutive fashion, the winning number (1) was drawn and it's
position was # 3, the winning number (2) when drawn fell as position # 5.

Having identified possibly the cause of my concern what do you suggest that I do to get the results I am looking for considering that my database
of winning numbers are entered as they had been drawn.

As well where else can you tell me where in EL5 I may have the same issues with the way my winning numbers database is structured.

Cheers
dreamweaver

Postby stan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:58 am

There might be some issues with positional stats and filters, number distance and maybe some others as well (there are so many filters and stats in Expert Lotto it's hard to keep track of them all:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:47 am

Hi Stan,

Thank you for your response but it seems the accuracy of some of is questionable and lacks integrity for results provided if users have structured a lottery database where winning numbers are stored in positions they are drawn.

Your thoughts would be appreciated on what would be a suitable option to overcome this situation.

Regards
dreamweaver

Postby stan » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:43 pm

There's no question of integrity - the application treats each draw as a set of numbers. If the numbers are sorted in ascending order then they produce some statistical properties. If they are not sorted then they naturally produce different statistical properties.
Perhaps it might be better to have to versions of your lottery - one with sorted numbers to analyze most of the stats and one with drawn-order to analyze ticket position stats (and maybe some other stats you might be interested in).
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else