Segment Size Analysis

Segment Size Analysis

Postby george39 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:18 am

Have been trying to analyze using segment size and need help with the following please.
Using Australian lotto 6/45 + 2
Analyze last 100 draws
Then use 33 filters i.e 1 for each of the 3 segments in 11 levels. Also select all previous occurrences in each analysed result.
Might end up with 1000 left from 8,145,060 pool.

As above filters take a fair bit of time I tried to short cut by using the analysis summary of segment size. In theory this should give me a larger amount of tickets left, but it actually reduces the amount to Zero very quickly.

What I am asking is -- Is my theory wrong ? Is my process wrong ? or am I trying to do something that appears possible but not able to be carried out within the program ?

All or any advice appreciated. Thank you.
george39

Re: Segment Size Analysis

Postby stan » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:17 pm

george39 wrote:Have been trying to analyze using segment size and need help with the following please.
Using Australian lotto 6/45 + 2
Analyze last 100 draws
Then use 33 filters i.e 1 for each of the 3 segments in 11 levels. Also select all previous occurrences in each analysed result.
Might end up with 1000 left from 8,145,060 pool.

As above filters take a fair bit of time I tried to short cut by using the analysis summary of segment size. In theory this should give me a larger amount of tickets left, but it actually reduces the amount to Zero very quickly.

What exactly do you mean by this?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby george39 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:59 am

Thank You Stan
I guess my shorthand was all too short and lost meaning.
What I was attempting to do was filter a full wheel down to an acceptable number of tickets. These were the steps taken.
1. Analyze last 100 draws.
2. Select from that analysis Segment Size - Level 0 - Segment 1and highlight all numbers with an occurrence greater than 0.
3. Press on the filter flask which has now highlighted.
4. From pop up window select accept and apply.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 above for each of Segments 1, 2, 3 in levels 0 to 10 thereby applying 33 filters in all to reduce to around 10,000 tickets from pool of 8,145,060.
As you will appreciate these 33 filters take quite a while so I tried a short cut which I thought should give me around the same result with just a few more tickets.
2. Select Segment size - Summary - Segment 1, highlight all numbers with an occurrence greater than 0.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 above for each of Segments 1, 2, 3. Only 3 filters total now.
After segment 1 There were only around 500 tickets left and after segment 2 there were zero tickets left.

My query is :- Am I trying to do something wrong by using the Summary or is it just my theory which is wrong.

Stan I hope the step by step process is clearer than my previous shorthand and will enable you to better understand what I have been rambling about.
Appreciate any comment you can make.
Thanks, George
george39

Postby Falcon » Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:55 am

George,

Leaving the Segment Size Summary bit aside which Stan might respond to, why don't you construct a Complex filter containing the 33 elements of Levels 0 to 10 in the three Segments?

Build it once and run it a often as you wish where the only time factor then is how long does it take for the Complex Filter to execute its action.

regards

falcon
Falcon

Postby george39 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:30 am

Hi Falcon thanks for your reply.
Have done exactly that and the discrepancy is the same.
It was difficult enough to explain clearly without me complicating it further, by including in the complex filter, so I took the easier path for the explanation.
Like you I use complex filters so I don't have to "reinvent the wheel" every week.
By way of explanation I am gradually working my way through this wonderful but sometimes complex program so that I can better understand the many features - should I live long enough. Now and then I come across something I need further explanation in order to understand and the discrepancy described above tells me that I have missed the point somewhere and need to seek further advice.
Members like yourself and of course Stan and the team are usually able to help me make sense of what I missed, totally misread or glossed over in the help file.
Thanks again for your input.
George
george39

Postby stan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:55 am

george39 wrote:Thank You Stan
I guess my shorthand was all too short and lost meaning.
What I was attempting to do was filter a full wheel down to an acceptable number of tickets. These were the steps taken.
2. Select from that analysis Segment Size - Level 0 - Segment 1and highlight all numbers with an occurrence greater than 0.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 above for each of Segments 1, 2, 3 in levels 0 to 10 thereby applying 33 filters in all to reduce to around 10,000 tickets from pool of 8,145,060.
As you will appreciate these 33 filters take quite a while so I tried a short cut which I thought should give me around the same result with just a few more tickets.
2. Select Segment size - Summary - Segment 1, highlight all numbers with an occurrence greater than 0.
5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 above for each of Segments 1, 2, 3. Only 3 filters total now.
After segment 1 There were only around 500 tickets left and after segment 2 there were zero tickets left.

My query is :- Am I trying to do something wrong by using the Summary or is it just my theory which is wrong.

The Summary analyzer shortcut won't work here. Filtering from Summary table where Occurrence is greater than zero means matching all tickets that produce at least one hit of the selected segment size(s) in any level. It means you'll match tickets that have non-zero occurrence e.g. in Level 1, Segment 1 but have zero occurrence in e.g. Level 2, Segment 1
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby george39 » Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:12 am

Thanks for that Stan. I understand what you say, however I would have thought this would have given me more tickets rather than less.
Thanks, George.
george39

Return to Anything Else