What if these numbers were drawn

What if these numbers were drawn

Postby Falcon » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:31 am

Using this facility provides in, for example, 'Properties Winning Numbers' all the various values that would occur should those winning numbers actually occur.

However I do not see how one might make use of this facility when running a back test on an existing filter. The back test appears to be able to react to only the actual drawn numbers.

So can the back test also be made to work with the 'What If' numbers?

Thanks

falcon
Falcon

Re: What if these numbers were drawn

Postby stan » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:11 pm

There's 'Back-test' tab in complex filter window. The What-If is really just to see how various charts and stats change when some particular numbers hit in the next draw.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:52 am

The What-If is really just to see how various charts and stats change when some particular numbers hit in the next draw.

Thanks Stan,

Could the What if function be extended into the Back testing of a complex filter?

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:57 pm

Falcon wrote:
The What-If is really just to see how various charts and stats change when some particular numbers hit in the next draw.

Thanks Stan,

Could the What if function be extended into the Back testing of a complex filter?

falcon

How would it work then?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:05 am

Hi Stan,

How would it work?

I have developed quite a few complex filters – some aggressive and some mild.

I like to prepare a ticket set by working through my mild complex filters and so establish a small package that hopefully contains a winning ticket.

I would like to enter some of these derived tickets as ‘What if these numbers were drawn’ and then to Back Test my remaining aggressive filters against these ‘What if’ drawn numbers. Should the aggressive filter fail or indicate in the back test the ‘What if’ drawn numbers were eliminated then I would adjust the filter to allow this ‘what if’ draw to pass. Thus when I come to use my aggressive filters finally in preparing my ticket set hopefully they will be in good synchronism with the milder filters.

One cannot add such ‘what if’ numbers into the database temporarily or otherwise as once the draw history database is up to date then it is effectively closed until the next draw is added. I saw the extension of the ‘What if’ numbers (from their current usage) into Complex Filter Back Testing as a way of offering a process that would allow my complex filter back testing as per above.

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:15 pm

You can save your 'what-if' tickets to a file and then run the complex filter against that file to see which of your what-ifs are accepted or rejected.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Anything Else