Perfromance Issues - Frozen State

Perfromance Issues - Frozen State

Postby dreamweaver » Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:54 am

Hi Stan,

I would like to extend a request to yourself and the wider EL5 community and find out if anyone is having the same performance issues that
I am experiencing and if so what they may have done to resolve that issue.

Basically it is a time processing issue where no matter what I execute in the EL5 program it takes an extra 30 to 60 seconds to complete
the given task. For example if I was to insert a FULL WHEEL for any given lottery the status indicator bar would reach 100 % and remain
there for the time period detailed above.

This is also evident where I apply a filter and the status indicator has also reached the 100 % mark and will remain there as well for approx.
the same time period of 30 - 60 seconds. I know this is not normal processing and something is amiss and was wondering if someone or
yourself Stan can give some advice.

This is very annoying and understandingly frustrating and would appreciate some feedback.

Cheers
dreamweaver

Re: Perfromance Issues - Frozen State

Postby tdnl46w » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi dreamweaver.

I haven't had that issue. I'm using Expert Lotto 64-bit on Win 8.1. From the description, I would monitor the computer system resources/processes when the delay happens. It could be an update to a plug-in or software driver(system, video etc.) that is causing the delay. The EL5 application log might also have info.
tdnl46w

Postby stan » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:22 pm

dreamweaver wrote:Hi Stan,

I would like to extend a request to yourself and the wider EL5 community and find out if anyone is having the same performance issues that
I am experiencing and if so what they may have done to resolve that issue.

Basically it is a time processing issue where no matter what I execute in the EL5 program it takes an extra 30 to 60 seconds to complete
the given task. For example if I was to insert a FULL WHEEL for any given lottery the status indicator bar would reach 100 % and remain
there for the time period detailed above.

This is also evident where I apply a filter and the status indicator has also reached the 100 % mark and will remain there as well for approx.
the same time period of 30 - 60 seconds. I know this is not normal processing and something is amiss and was wondering if someone or
yourself Stan can give some advice.

This is very annoying and understandingly frustrating and would appreciate some feedback.

That's very unusual. I would suspect your antivirus settings are cranked up a bit too high and the antivirus is trying to scan the package contents Expert Lotto writes to a file on your disk. Can you try disabling your antivirus temporarily to see if it helps? Do you have some other computer where you can install and test Expert Lotto?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby dreamweaver » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Hi Stan,

I managed to isolate the issue and it was related to some the windows "startup services" in my OS .

I think they were 3rd party services which have no relevance to the running of the
OS.. In other words possible malware.

All good now, have cleansed my system and works like a dream.

Thanking you for your response..
:-)
dreamweaver

Return to Anything Else