New Filters

New Filters

Postby Jerzy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:15 pm

Stan,

Could you please implement two new filters:

1. Sum of the First & Last Number in the Combination. n1 + n6 for pick 6 games, and n1 + n5 for pick 5 games. The filter would be complementary to Number Range Filter (which can be used to filter tickets according to the spread of the line) and complementary to general sum filter, but not the same.

2. Count of Unique Digits in the Combination. E.g. the combination 8, 9, 33, 34, 40, 43 has 5 unique digits: 0, 3, 4, 8, 9.

I examined the working of these two filters in Excel and it seems that they would useful.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:17 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Stan,

Could you please implement two new filters:

1. Sum of the First & Last Number in the Combination. n1 + n6 for pick 6 games, and n1 + n5 for pick 5 games. The filter would be complementary to Number Range Filter (which can be used to filter tickets according to the spread of the line) and complementary to general sum filter, but not the same.

2. Count of Unique Digits in the Combination. E.g. the combination 8, 9, 33, 34, 40, 43 has 5 unique digits: 0, 3, 4, 8, 9.

I examined the working of these two filters in Excel and it seems that they would useful.

Best Regards

Jerzy
[/quote]Isn't Count of Unique Digits simular to First/Last Digit Filter? I do like the First/Last Digit Filter but it is hard to understand and setup to get the results that you are looking for.
PadawanLotto

Postby Jerzy » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:57 am

PadawanLotto,

The Count of Unique Digits in the Combination filter would not deal with any specific first or last digits. It would remove or leave the tickets depending on the range of unique digits in the combination, both first and last digits at the same time. There are 10 digits but the number of positions in the combination restricts the range of unique digits. In the pick 6 game the min range could be 3 or 4 depending on whether you count 0 before one digit numbers, e.g.: 2, 3, 6, 22, 23, 33 can be regarded as having the count of unique digits of 3 or 4. The max value could be 9, e.g.: in 17, 18, 20, 25, 36, 42. The most common range of Count of Unique Digits in my 6/45 game seems to be from 5 to 7.

The First/Last Digit filter deals with the specific first or last digits, with each of the two categories separately. And it cannot be used to filter tickets on the basis of unique digits in the combinations.

I agree the First/Last Digit filter is difficult to understand and use, because of its logical conditions. Actually I avoid using that filter.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:01 pm

ok
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:53 am

because i started working on expert lotto version 5 i'm putting all feature requests on hold - including this one.
please bear with me, you'll get shiny new software to play with then:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests