PRO Registration Issues

PRO Registration Issues

Postby Willie » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:39 pm

Hello,

I apologize for bringing this here, perhaps it is not the appropriate forum.

I just purchased PRO thru PayPal - attempted everything to download the license.jar file in C:.

At first, a popup advised no Admin Permissions; however, the intial Free version was downloaded under Admin, and updates and license key, also.

At first I got a popup advising successful key install - updates also - but "About" still says Free version. After attempting to download license key again, now a popup advises invalid license key - contact ExpertLotto.

I put an email into support - I'd like to get the program going before Powerball/Idaho draws, today.

Any/all advice shall be highly prized.

Thank you,

Willie
Willie

Postby stan » Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:42 pm

i've just replied to your email
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Another question....

Postby Willie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:41 am

Thank you, Stan.

I sent a reply back... A question regarding Uninstalltion. The software is not found in Control Panel > Programs and Features.... and not in All Programs. Dunno if it came with it's own unintall program. It installed into Accessories - I thought it odd at the time but figured it knew what to do. The only id showing in Accessories is the launch Icon - nothing indicating uninstall method and means. Thx.
Willie

ISSUE RESOLVED

Postby Willie » Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:38 am

Thanks for the input, Stan.

I took the entire file out w/ Acronis Shredder, and picked-up the pieces w/ Acronis System Cleaner. Reinstalled off the desktop, and followed your good directions.

I'm a Pro, now.

Willie
Willie

Postby stan » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 pm

there are some problems with expert lotto installations on windows vista. i'll create a new installer for vista where the install path will point to some other location than 'program files'.
anybody using windows vista and willing to test the new installer?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby daniel » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 pm

[quote=stan]
there are some problems with expert lotto installations on windows vista. i'll create a new installer for vista where the install path will point to some other location than 'program files'.
anybody using windows vista and willing to test the new installer?
[/quote]

Hi Stan,
I'll try out the Vista installer.
daniel
daniel

Vista Installer

Postby Willie » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:53 am

Count me in... I'll give it a try, also. Thx.
Willie

Postby stan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:56 am

thanks for volunteering, please download vista installer from this location:
www.expertlotto.com/files/preview/setup.exe
and let me know if you had any issues with it.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby daniel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:55 pm

[quote=stan]
[/quote]
So far it works OK and has no error log, but it takes about 1 minute 45 sec to calculate stats v's 2 seconds on my XP computer? Both have the same plug-ins with pentads disabled. Will investigate further.
daniel
daniel

Postby stan » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:08 pm

[quote=daniel]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]
So far it works OK and has no error log, but it takes about 1 minute 45 sec to calculate stats v's 2 seconds on my XP computer? Both have the same plug-ins with pentads disabled. Will investigate further.
daniel
[/quote]

hmm, i presume you're using the same lottery, right?
which folder did you install it to? and which folder the installer offered to you?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby daniel » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:24 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=daniel]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]
daniel
[/quote]

hmm, i presume you're using the same lottery, right?
which folder did you install it to? and which folder the installer offered to you?
[/quote]
Sorry Stan,
The problem was for some reason the stats-announcers plugin was not installed on the XP computer, and that was the reason for the speed difference. :rolleyes:

P.S. The Stats-announcers plugin was also an older version. I must go through all the plugins and check that the latest versions are installed!
daniel

Q on V Installer Install...

Postby Willie » Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:46 am

Thank you, Stan.

Do I approach this as a new install, then? Uninstall existing V 4.5.1. / Build 1034 along w/ Plugins, then reinstall using Vista Installer SetUp?

Thx
Willie

Postby stan » Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 am

[quote=Willie:1219103165]
Thank you, Stan.

Do I approach this as a new install, then? Uninstall existing V 4.5.1. / Build 1034 along w/ Plugins, then reinstall using Vista Installer SetUp?

Thx
[/quote]

if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you then treating it as a new install would be the best. i'm not sure which expert lotto build is in that setup.exe so you might want to manually upgrade to the latest build later on.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby daniel » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:11 pm

[quote=stan]

i'm not sure which expert lotto build is in that setup.exe so you might want to manually upgrade to the latest build later on.
[/quote]
Hi Stan,
It shows Build:1045[Jackpot]
daniel
daniel

Straight as a frozen rope...

Postby Willie » Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:39 am

if it wouldn't be too much trouble for you then treating it as a new install would be the best. i'm not sure which expert lotto build is in that setup.exe so you might want to manually upgrade to the latest build later on.

Stan The Man:

Successful Vista Installer download and install Version 4.5.1. Build 1045 (Jackpot) with three plugins via application installer.

I did not intall into Program Files - not certain, so reinstalled into C:... a breeze.

Thx Stan.
Willie

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests