Segments Statistics Table

Segments Statistics Table

Postby Falcon » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:46 am

Hi Stan,

Wonder if it might be possible to grey out or disable the Calculate Button when any of the lines have been selected for filtering. Bit of a pain if you inadvertently hit this button instead of the filter button.

Thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:52 am

it can. but then i'd be getting complaints from other users that they clicked into the table and are unable to calculate the segment stats again:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Falcon » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:36 pm

Hi Stan,

The intention here was to grey out that Calculate button only whilst selecting/highlighting lines to filter and then while the filter action was taking place. As soon as a filter action had been performed the Calculate button would be reactivated. Apologies for not explaining my self properly in the initial post.

In a sort of related sense there is probably a bit more to this. If one chooses to abort a calculate process one is left with (in the case of this particular panel) a partially calculated segment statistics panel. If it were possible it would be preferable that on performing an abort that the panel conditions automatically revert to the starting point. This abort problem condition applies in the other panels as well.

thanks

falcon
Falcon

Postby stan » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:42 pm

[quote=Falcon]
Hi Stan,

The intention here was to grey out that Calculate button only whilst selecting/highlighting lines to filter and then while the filter action was taking place. As soon as a filter action had been performed the Calculate button would be reactivated. Apologies for not explaining my self properly in the initial post.
[/quote]
i understand. but not everybody wants to filter from segment stats. so clicking into the table, e.g. to scroll it down with mouse wheel would mean that row selection would have to be canceled to enable calculate button. ie. finding the selected row(s) and clicking them again

In a sort of related sense there is probably a bit more to this. If one chooses to abort a calculate process one is left with (in the case of this particular panel) a partially calculated segment statistics panel. If it were possible it would be preferable that on performing an abort that the panel conditions automatically revert to the starting point. This abort problem condition applies in the other panels as well.

i suppose it makes sense to keep previous segment stats if the calculation was canceled. however i think it does make sense to show partial results in the main stats page too.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Bug or Error code??

Postby lottoboy » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi, Stan:

Pls open "Segments Statistics", there are two problems here as below:

1) The Filter on the left doesn't match with the main page.
For example, I selected and highlighted the top 4 segments:321, 411, 420, and 330 in the Col. 0 after I clicked the Col. of "Count" in decending order (or A order)for my 6/49. Then, I opened the Filter on the left but the top 4 segments have been changed to 222, 231, 330, and 510 in the page. Why? The same thing is happend in all other 10 columns. Bug? or Error code??

2) The Pos/Neg doesn't match with actual status.
There are 4 columns: Pos, Pos (%), Neg, Neg(%) in all main pages on the Segments Statistics Table. Those values (in the direction of +/- only) should match with the latest Differences which have been known by us but future data from prodicting. For example, the latest Diff is +17 in Col. 0 from the Summary Table in WNH but the Pos (%) is 26 and Neg (%) is 74 on the main page of Col. 0 on the Segments Statistics Table. Obviously, it is mistake. Bug? or Error code??

Pls check them and give me an answer. Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby stan » Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:15 pm

[quote=lottoboy:1221595979]
For example, I selected and highlighted the top 4 segments:321, 411, 420, and 330 in the Col. 0 after I clicked the Col. of "Count" in decending order (or A order)for my 6/49. Then, I opened the Filter on the left but the top 4 segments have been changed to 222, 231, 330, and 510 in the page. Why? The same thing is happend in all other 10 columns. Bug? or Error code??
[/quote]
that's a bug, i'll fix it

There are 4 columns: Pos, Pos (%), Neg, Neg(%) in all main pages on the Segments Statistics Table. Those values (in the direction of +/- only) should match with the latest Differences which have been known by us but future data from prodicting. For example, the latest Diff is +17 in Col. 0 from the Summary Table in WNH but the Pos (%) is 26 and Neg (%) is 74 on the main page of Col. 0 on the Segments Statistics Table. Obviously, it is mistake. Bug? or Error code??

probably misunderstanding on your part - pos[%] and neg[%] simply show the percentage of positive/negative differences for the given segment combination found in package tickets. it doesn't relate to wnh differences
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby lottoboy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:55 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=lottoboy:1221595979]
[/quote]
that's a bug, i'll fix it

probably misunderstanding on your part - pos[%] and neg[%] simply show the percentage of positive/negative differences for the given segment combination found in package tickets. it doesn't relate to wnh differences
[/quote]

Hi, Stan:

Thanks for your sincere reply!!
I understand your explainations about my second question. However, I want to know their relationship between the WNH Segment and Neg/Pos of WNH Diffrence. For example, in Col. 0 the Segment is 321 and its Difference is -15 for the latest drawing. Where I can find their matching relationship in statisticaly from current EL? Thanks.

Best regards,
lb
lottoboy

Postby lottoboy » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi, Stan:

Also, I'm not sure if it's too difficult to implement for adding the Pos[%]/Neg[%] of WNH Diffs into the Segments Statistics like the P%/N%
of Diffs in the Package tickets. I want to analyze the relationship between the occurrences of Segments in the Package tickets and WNH Diffs. (Neg%/Pos%). Thanks.

Best regards,
lb :vogel:
lottoboy

Postby stan » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:58 am

[quote=lottoboy:1222275869]
Hi, Stan:

Also, I'm not sure if it's too difficult to implement for adding the Pos[%]/Neg[%] of WNH Diffs into the Segments Statistics like the P%/N%
of Diffs in the Package tickets. I want to analyze the relationship between the occurrences of Segments in the Package tickets and WNH Diffs. (Neg%/Pos%). Thanks.

Best regards,
lb :vogel:
[/quote]

it is difficult and it would be a new feature in version 4.5 - i said i wouldn't be adding any new features into the current version as i spend all my free time developing version 5.0
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests