Stats Panel Confusion - Help Please

Stats Panel Confusion - Help Please

Postby LottoTrout » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:31 am

I'm new to EL so please bear with me...

I'm trying to understand the Stats Panel and how the various values are calculated (I'm not a math whiz).

From the documentation;

"Due - this value shows how much is the assessed parameter expected to appear in the next draw. The higher the value the more we can expect that the evaluated parameter will come up in the next draw (from statistical point of view). The value is calculated as Latest divided by Period. It means that if the evaluated parameter did not occur longer than its average period is then we can expect it in the next draw."

Looking at the sample stats image below, for number [1] the DUE value is [1.33] but LATEST / PERIOD = 1.20.

What gives..? Why the discrepancy..?

Thanks.

LottoTrout

Postby stan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:58 am

[quote=LottoTrout]
"Due - this value shows how much is the assessed parameter expected to appear in the next draw. The higher the value the more we can expect that the evaluated parameter will come up in the next draw (from statistical point of view). The value is calculated as Latest divided by Period. It means that if the evaluated parameter did not occur longer than its average period is then we can expect it in the next draw."

Looking at the sample stats image below, for number [1] the DUE value is [1.33] but LATEST / PERIOD = 1.20.

What gives..? Why the discrepancy..?
[/quote]

the documentation is wrong, the DUE value is actually calculated as LATEST / AVG_SKIP
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests