WNH scenario Tests

WNH scenario Tests

Postby Ophiuchus » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:26 pm

Gentleman ...
I have been testing the WNH example in the documentation by using my lottery for the test. It works. Most of the time, I am left with about 200 tickets. In some cases, I have about 1500. I still think this is great from a set of 3 million.

I have tried a new test that used the predictions for the WNH summary table for the SUM filter. I noticed something interesting. I thought that I would see more tickets getting generated. However, I did not find any matches. Keep in mind, I have only done one test so far.

I do realize that you are given a range to use for the SUMS +-10. What I was really wondering is what is the expected 2nd and 3rd prize distribution likely to be like if you are not within your margin of error on a few different SUMS.

Also when I added secondary filters to my perfect set of 300 to 1500, I was able to reduce my set down to a reasonable play size. BUT getting those 11 Sum values are critical.

Any thoughts ... :cool:
Ophiuchus

Postby stan » Sat Jan 17, 2009 10:00 pm

[quote=Ophiuchus:1231946766]
I do realize that you are given a range to use for the SUMS +-10. What I was really wondering is what is the expected 2nd and 3rd prize distribution likely to be like if you are not within your margin of error on a few different SUMS.
[/quote]

usually quite poor (at least from our experience). that's a big disadvantage of this filter.
the workaround is guessing which numbers might come up in the next draw using wnh features instead of filtering with wnh sum filter only.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests