Winning Number simulate button

Winning Number simulate button

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:37 am

Hi Stan :finger:
With reference to the WN History/History differences/simulate button, would it be possible to include a button or similar , that you could use to do a simulation for all the columns (or select the ones that you want) for 0 to -10 columns inclusive. This is so that you don't have to go into each column, do a simulation & then move onto the next column & do another simulation until you have completed all eleven columns, and have to write all the results down as you go. This would be similar in principle to the compund filter, in that you could apply lots of simulations in one step thus speeding up the process considerably, and it would also be very handy if you could print out the complete results & use them in your estimates for estimating the next draw winning number values. ( very handy indeed :-D ) I tried the "lookup min & max values" in the WN filter, but this doesn't give the average value, & I find is not as accurate as the "simulate" button. Hope you can follow this ok, many thanks. 8-(

Postby stan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:16 am

hmm, it may not be so obvious but the simulate button takes into account your segment settings and min/max ticket numbers from each segment. so unless you want to ignore the segment divisions you'd have to set options for all columns and then start the simulation.

i think better solution would be to have a 'generic' wn history simulator where you could specify any (compound) filter and get min/max/avg results for all columns in one step.
the filter could even consist of several segment filters to get what you were originally asking for.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:44 pm

Hi Stan Thanks for that. I have noticed in doing heaps of trials with the New Zealand 6/40 lotto that as far as the segment settings go , it doesn't seem to effect the history differences/simulate button results very much at all. ( ie whether they are at their default settings or settings you have put in yourself)......the min, max & average results are all pretty much the same for any one column e.g column " -1 ". I therefore tend to favour ignoring the segment divisions,then doing the simulation, but even if you did have to set the options for all columns it would still save a tremendous amount of time compared to doing a simulation for each column.....perhaps an option to include or exclude segment settings might be the answer ??? Not sure what you mean by using a "compound filter" I look forward to your reply. many thanks

Postby stan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:14 pm

keep in mind that you must adjust the 'numbers in ticket' settings for at least one column. for the default values min=0, max=6 all simulated combinations will pass and the filter has no effect at all regardless of the segments division.

my idea (based on yours) is:
- select any filter, e.g. odd/even, or low/high or any compound or group filter. it may even consist of several wn history segment filters
- generate e.g. 100000 random tickets to simulate drawings
- pass each ticket through the filter
- use matching tickets to calculate new history sum values for each column
- display summary results for each column - min/max/avg

this solution is quite flexible i think. for example you can estimate that the future draw may have odd/even ration 2:4. then you can use the new simulation feature, select odd/even filter and see how the sums will probably look like if the next draw was odd/even 2/4.

of course you don't have to use any filter and just get min/max values for 100000 simulated random drawings.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:52 pm

hi Stan
Now you explain it like that, it sounds even better!! Thanks for that!

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests