Sum filter to low numbers and high numbers

Sum filter to low numbers and high numbers

Postby Gatsby » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:58 am

Hi,

I play Euromillions 5/50

Does anyone think it´s a good idea to filter besides the total sum, the separate sum of low numbers (1 to 25) and then the sum of the high numbers (26 to 50)?

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby Jerzy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 4:05 am

Gatsby,

The filters you are thinkig of would target subsets of numbers in a combinations and would be different from the total sum numbers filter which targets all numbers.

Look at the folowing combinations (for 6/45 lotto):

2, 12, 20, 22, 28, 44
2, 11, 24, 26, 30, 35

Each of them has the total sum = 128
But 1st combination has 4 low numbers and their sum is 56 and 2nd combination has 2 low numbers and the sum 13.

Such filters could be useful. They could filter out some combinations that were left in the package by the general sum filter but probably only a moderate number of them. You can build such filters in Excel and experiment with them.

The low numbers sum and high numbers sum filters would give results similar to those of low/high filter, but would be specific for the sum of numbers in each group, not the ratio of low : high numbers.

And there would be a similarity to a decade filter.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby stan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:38 am

please enter this feature request here if you want it implemented in version 5: http://expertlotto.com/issues
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Jerzy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:38 pm

Gatsby,

The sum of low/high numbers seems worth of implementation. Probably it should have two option buttons, one button for the low and one for the high numbers. The user would use one option at a time.

Could you make formal request for this filter using the link provided?
Jerzy

Postby Gatsby » Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:21 am

Yes, i allready subscribed it but as there is more one or two things that i would like to put under your consideration i´ll wait t´ll i do it. Maybe in a day or two. please keep in touch.

thanks.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:53 pm

Done it
and included similar request to sum´s of odd´s and even numbers.

I was thinking if could be possible to include additional general feature to filter sum in the sense that you could define the sum interval´s, let´s say

as you have High/low: 1 to 25 and 26 to 50

you could also be able to define new filter configuration for sum from number 15 to number 40. That´s defining new intervals to sub-sum´s. Just an idea.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:37 pm

[quote=Gatsby]
you could also be able to define new filter configuration for sum from number 15 to number 40. That´s defining new intervals to sub-sum´s. Just an idea.
[/quote]

in general it is possible. but this is easily implemented in complex filter window using sum & number range filters.
there's no limit to the maximum count of filters the application can implement but i think the filter list would get 'polluted' this way very quickly.
anyway, if you insist on having such filter, please file a new issue.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:20 am

[quote=stan]
[quote=Gatsby]
[/quote]

in general it is possible. but this is easily implemented in complex filter window using sum & number range filters.
there's no limit to the maximum count of filters the application can implement but i think the filter list would get 'polluted' this way very quickly.
[/quote]

I don´t see how you can do such a filter with those two filters. I´ve tried but, if the compound filter doesn´t do the sum´s of low and high numbers, only of all picks, how can this be? Can you post an example please using compound filter because i really can´t understand how this can be done. Understand that it is the sum of low numbers and high numbers extracted in a same draw. Only coincidence that exists is when are draw all low or all high numbers, isn´t it?
Gatsby

Postby stan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:32 am

[quote=Gatsby]
[quote=stan]
[quote=Gatsby]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I don´t see how you can do such a filter with those two filters. I´ve tried but, if the compound filter doesn´t do the sum´s of low and high numbers, only of all picks, how can this be? Can you post an example please using compound filter because i really can´t understand how this can be done. Understand that it is the sum of low numbers and high numbers extracted in a same draw. Only coincidence that exists is when are draw all low or all high numbers, isn´t it?
[/quote]

you're right, please disregard my previous comment. the sum filter always sums all ticket numbers so no complex filter can work the way you request.
so if you want low/high sum filter in version 5, please file a new issue for it, thanks.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:31 pm

OK, Stan

Allready did.
Gatsby

Postby Gatsby » Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:12 pm

Hi Stan,

Getting back to this question, could you regard this again:

"I was thinking if could be possible to include additional general feature to filter sum in the sense that you could define the sum interval´s, let´s say

as you have High/low which is from 1 to 25 and 26 to 50

you could also be able to define new filter configuration for sum from number 15 to number 40. That´s defining new intervals to sub-sum´s"

Could this be a sort of Sum´s Builder, allowing us to define sum for different intervals, as you said permitting us to use it like a combination of "using sum & number range filters".
That way we could define not only sum´s for Lows and Highs, and Odd´s ans Evens, but for any ranges or types of numbers.

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:19 pm

it is possible but such a generic filter builder would require complicated user interface. it's much easier to implement separate filters for odd/even, low/high and "single number range" sum filters respectively
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Gatsby » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:27 pm

Hi Stan,

That´s sounds ok - implemetation of this filters with corresponding statistics - but this would leave out the possibility to create other sum´s for different number groups, right? So, is it possible to include same kind of sum filter for "match numbers"?

I´m thinking in eliminating sum´s in the panel, as for example same line, same colum, or combination of both. This combined with panel filter might facilitate to choose between two numbers.

BTW, i´ve wanting to ask you if you ever thought about beting with one more number. As you know my game is 5/50, but i might make a bet with 6 numbers, any thoghts, strategie on that, or as this been discussed in forum?

Thanks.
Gatsby

Postby stan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:56 pm

[quote=Gatsby]
That´s sounds ok - implemetation of this filters with corresponding statistics - but this would leave out the possibility to create other sum´s for different number groups, right? So, is it possible to include same kind of sum filter for "match numbers"?
[/quote]
yes

BTW, i´ve wanting to ask you if you ever thought about beting with one more number. As you know my game is 5/50, but i might make a bet with 6 numbers, any thoghts, strategie on that, or as this been discussed in forum?

i haven't thought about this. and i can't imagine any advantage it might bring...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests