Number groups filter & stats

Number groups filter & stats

Postby hexagonvex » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:43 am

Hi,

I have 2 requests for a future version.

1. For the number groups filter is there a possibility to say when the groups are customized to remove/leave tickets from 1 group, remove/leave numbers from 2 groups a.s.o.

Right now the only way u can do that is with a complex compound filter.

2. Could you build a number group statistics bar chart with an option to customize the groups...the way you can customize groups in the number group filter.

I think it would be a rather good analysis tool since in a 6/49 lottery winning numbers from 1 or 2 groups for example represent < 2% of winning tickets.

Greets and congratulations for the best software of this kind.

Hexagonvex
hexagonvex

Postby stan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:47 am

[quote=hexagonvex:1122104605]
Hi,

I have 2 requests for a future version.

1. For the number groups filter is there a possibility to say when the groups are customized to remove/leave tickets from 1 group, remove/leave numbers from 2 groups a.s.o.

Right now the only way u can do that is with a complex compound filter.
[/quote]
i'm afraid i don't understand. can you elaborate a bit pls?

2. Could you build a number group statistics bar chart with an option to customize the groups...the way you can customize groups in the number group filter.

I think it would be a rather good analysis tool since in a 6/49 lottery winning numbers from 1 or 2 groups for example represent < 2% of winning tickets.

Greets and congratulations for the best software of this kind.

Hexagonvex

your customizations to number groups made in the filter window are reflected in the winning numbers table statistics.
i can add the chart for number groups.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby hexagonvex » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:56 pm

[quote=stan]
i'm afraid i don't understand. can you elaborate a bit pls?
[/quote]

Let's assume your number groups in 6/49 are defined in 7 groups...
1st group = 1 to 7
2nd group = 8 to 14
3rd group = 15 to 24 and so on

With this filter I want to remove all tickets that match the following criteria:

Remove all tickets where numbers come from 1 group
Remove all tickets where numbers come from 2 groups

The more you want to filter on that strategy the more clicking you have to do...or build a complex compound filter.
I just thought it would be easier to add an option saying remove tickets with numbers from XX group(s) where XX is user input.

[quote=stan]
your customizations to number groups made in the filter window are reflected in the winning numbers table statistics.
i can add the chart for number groups.
[/quote]

Yes I noticed that they are reflected in the stats but it doesn't summarize or doesn't show the percentage of winning numbers. I'm a more visual person :-D You know a bar chart like Odd/Even....that would be cool.

Thanks for your fast reply on this one.

Greets
hexagonvex

Postby stan » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:23 pm

so you're looking for an option in the number groups filter window saying something like: "check that tickets fall into X to Y number groups"
that means the ticket must have number from at least X to at most Y different number groups. is my understanding correct?

what should the chart show then? e.g. 10 different number groups and how many tickets have at least one number from each group?
or ten different chart lines, one for each group that would show how many tickets have 0,1,2,3,4,... numbers from that particular group?
or both? ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby hexagonvex » Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:19 pm

[quote=stan]
so you're looking for an option in the number groups filter window saying something like: "check that tickets fall into X to Y number groups"
that means the ticket must have number from at least X to at most Y different number groups. is my understanding correct?
[/quote]
Now if my understanding is correct then that should be it. I've looked at the German 6/49 lottery. If I have 7 number groups, winning tickets from 1 group represent 0%, winning tickets from 2 groups represent 0,35% numbers from 6 groups represent 6,35%.... so it would be interesting to filter one or the other group.

[quote=stan]
what should the chart show then? e.g. 10 different number groups and how many tickets have at least one number from each group?
or ten different chart lines, one for each group that would show how many tickets have 0,1,2,3,4,... numbers from that particular group?
or both? ;-)
[/quote]

Ok assume we're on the stats page and we compute stats only for the winning tickets.
Now assume you have 7 number groups for the 6/49 lottery (defined by the filter settings). The graph would show 7 BARS from 1 to 7.

Bar 1 = 0% since 0 occurences (as stated above)
which represents 0 winning tickets from all winning numbers with numbers from 1 group

Bar 2 = 0,35% (=15 occurences)
which represents 15 winning tickets from all winning numbers with numbers from 2 groups

You know this filter is not superimportant but it is one with which you can eliminate fast a few tickets when you look at the graphic....just like ODD/EVEN chart...you look....ok....eliminate 6-0 and 0-6 combinations from package.

The number groups filter - I imagine - should be able to be handled in a similar manner.

I hope I am somewhat clear ;-)

Greets mate...
hexagonvex

Compound filter - Number group filter

Postby hexagonvex » Mon Jul 25, 2005 11:46 pm

Hi Stan,

I think I found a mishap in the application when using the number group filter as a compound filter. Or my logics don't work correctly anymore... :vogel:

Now for the example I still try to remove all tickets that have 6 numbers from 2 groups...I still use 7 groups in a 6/49 lottery. (see link)

http://users.lu.coditel.net/rw/filter.jpg

On the left side of the pic you can see the settings i used. The logical operator is AND. On the picture in the background (=the compound filter) the logical operator inside that filter is OR.

Furthermore running the filter (=eliminate all tickets that have numbers from groups 1 and 2) should return 2989 tickets. But my compound filter gives me 1,6 million tickets.

Any ideas?

Greetings
hexagonvex

Postby stan » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:05 am

you're right. there's a bug in the number groups filter when used as a compound or group filter part. the and/or condition settings are ignored and OR always applies. i'll post an update to this forum.

many thanks for spotting this!
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby hexagonvex » Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:39 am

ok thank you very much for you neverending efforts :-D
hexagonvex

Postby hexagonvex » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:10 pm

[quote=stan:1122308590]

or both? ;-)
[/quote]

Hi Stan...I have to come back to my requests. I've downloaded the latest build and the compound filter problem regarding the number groups filter is fixed. BUT...

Anything new on my other requests? I tell you why I ask this so aggressively :-D

I just made a complex compound filter where I REMOVED all tickets that fall into 1 number group AND all tickets that fall into 2 number groups AND that fall into 6 number groups. When saving the filter database to disk the application crashed...shit happens. But it took me about 45 minutes to build the filter. :motz:

So I don't want to rebuild it that way...and yes the filter database = EMPTY...no more compound filters...all gone. :wand:

So please...please...make that option...check that tickets fall into X to Y number groups!!

Thanks...
hexagonvex

Postby stan » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:57 am

all the requests or on my todo list but there's so many of them and i have only limited amount of free time.

so please bear with me...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:25 pm

[quote=hexagonvex]
So please...please...make that option...check that tickets fall into X to Y number groups!!

Thanks...
[/quote]

it's in build 614 which is now available for download.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby hexagonvex » Sat Aug 27, 2005 11:30 am

Hi Stan,

Working great...thanks so much :-D
hexagonvex

build 614

Postby Simon69 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:55 pm

Hi Stan,

Where can I find build 614 and is it available for the Expert version?

Thanks!

Simon69
Simon69

Postby stan » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:29 am

[quote=Simon69]
Hi Stan,

Where can I find build 614 and is it available for the Expert version?

Thanks!

Simon69
[/quote]

build 614 is not an official release, it's just a beta version that has some new feature that will appear in the next release and it has also some bugs. so use it on your own risk!

see this thread for instructions on download and installation:
http://expertlotto.com/en/forum/forum.p ... ead&id=130
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests