Expert Lotto 4

Expert Lotto 4

Postby sliver » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi all,

I'm not quite sure where to put this request, but I'll try on here and hopefully I will get some replies.

I have a new PC and I'm trying to get Expert Lotto set up on it. I have EL5 working fine, but I'd like to get EL4 working as I would like to use some of the plugins in EL4.

Now my challenge is that I can't seem to get EL4 working the way it did on my old PC. To be specific I can't get EL4 to show the menu option Extra Filters - which had all of Joe's extra plugins. As a result, I can't seem to install many of the plugins I had before.

Can any one please help me out here ?

Also wondering - are there many out there still using EL4 or is everyone now using only EL5? Are Joe's plugins now in EL5 as standard features?

Thanks,
Sliver
sliver

Re: Expert Lotto 4

Postby Red Devil » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:49 pm

Silver

I'm still using EL4, I prefer the way it works, not happy with EL5 set up, too complex.

Also I still use Joe's Plug-Ins with EL4

RD
Red Devil

Postby sliver » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:44 am

Hi Red Devil,

thanks for your reply. Do you know how I can get my EL4 to show the menu "Extra Plugins" into which I can install some of Joe's plugins? I currently have the Jackpot version 4.5.7 Build 1115. When I start up EL4 it gives a message "There were some errors while loading application plugin(s)" and a number of Joe's plugins which I have in the plugins folder, do not show up in EL4

Any help would very very appreciated.

Thanks,
Sliver
sliver

Postby stan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:26 pm

sliver wrote:Hi Red Devil,

thanks for your reply. Do you know how I can get my EL4 to show the menu "Extra Plugins" into which I can install some of Joe's plugins? I currently have the Jackpot version 4.5.7 Build 1115. When I start up EL4 it gives a message "There were some errors while loading application plugin(s)" and a number of Joe's plugins which I have in the plugins folder, do not show up in EL4

Thanks,
Sliver

which version of java do you use?
also, there's 'error.log' file in your expert lotto 4.x folder. please email me that file and i'll check what's wrong.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:27 pm

Red Devil wrote:I'm still using EL4, I prefer the way it works, not happy with EL5 set up, too complex.

anything specific i can fix?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Red Devil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Sliver,

I had a similar problem, upgraded to latest Java, problem fixed.

Rgds

RD

sliver wrote:Hi Red Devil,

Thanks,
Sliver
Red Devil

Postby Red Devil » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:57 pm

Stan,

Nothing specific, there are so many features and over a period of time I got used to using v4. When I tried v5 it just seemed so different and I didn't have time for the learning curve. Also I found using compound & group filters easier in v4.

Maybe I'll give v5 another try soon.

Rgds

RD

stan wrote:
Red Devil wrote:I'm still using EL4, I prefer the way it works, not happy with EL5 set up, too complex.

anything specific i can fix?
Red Devil

Postby stan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:08 am

Red Devil wrote:Stan,

Nothing specific, there are so many features and over a period of time I got used to using v4. When I tried v5 it just seemed so different and I didn't have time for the learning curve. Also I found using compound & group filters easier in v4.

there's a special page for expert lotto 4.x users in the new manual which translates old names and features into expert lotto 5 features
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby sliver » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:06 am

Hi Stan, RD

I'm currently running Java version 6.0.260, I believe that's the latest version.

Stan - I've emailed you my error log.

Thanks,
Sliver
sliver

Postby stan » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:50 am

sliver wrote:Hi Stan, RD

I'm currently running Java version 6.0.260, I believe that's the latest version.

Stan - I've emailed you my error log.

Thanks,
Sliver

thanks for the log. it's just as i suspected - some of joe's plugins were compiled using java 1.6 and your expert lotto 4.x is using java 1.5 for some reason.
try uninstalling java 1.5 from your computer and all 4.x plugins should load fine then.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests