delete a file from package

delete a file from package

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 04, 2005 11:52 am

Hi. Just wondering how you delete unwanted files from the "file" submenu under the "package" menu. thanks

Postby stan » Fri Feb 04, 2005 12:14 pm

it's not possible to remove individual files, you can click the 'clear' menu item to remove them all.

the menu holds 10 most recently used files so after loading some more files into the package the unwanted files will 'go away'.

(an option is to manually edit the user.properties file in your lottery dir and search for files.recent.item - but i don't recommend that ;-))
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Delete files

Postby Guest » Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:29 am

Hi stan thanks for that...........only thing is, could you please tell me where to find the "clear" button.......Can't seem to put my finger on it (LOL). Also, when you put wheels into the "wheel" file, does that use some of the 10 files up that you mentioned in your reply above?..........i.e. is it possible to store say 50 or more wheels at a time ( provided you have enough memory of course ). Also, is it possible to make changes to your excellent program so that we can delete individual files from the package file? thanks a milion!

Postby stan » Sat Feb 05, 2005 12:16 pm

the clear button is the last item in the recent files menu.

the insert wheel function does not update the recent files list but i'll update the code to fix that.

as for the removing of individual files from the package. i think there was some misunderstanding here. the recent files list does not list the content of the package. it's merely a list of files that were loaded into the package at some stage (e.g. yesterday). it's handy when you want to load the same file again.

if you wish to remove the content of a file from the content of the package, choose menu 'package - file' and select 'remove from the package' in the action combo box at the bottom of the screen. the contents of the file will be compared with the contents of the package and tickets from the file that are found in the package will be removed.

pls note once multiple files are loaded into the package (either by appending or by merging without duplicates) there's no way of knowing that ticket at position 234 comes from file A and ticket at position 235 comes from file B.

the package content storage is backed up by a file on your hard disk so you don't need to worry about free memory when loading multiple files/wheels into the package.

i hope i made the subject clear. :finger:
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

delete a file

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:13 am

Hi Stan. Thanks for that. I am however, still a little unclear about it all :#: (don't won't to be a nuisance to you, but would love to understand this better.) I am using the Beta version (build 416). I still couldn't seem to find the 'Clear " button , which you said was the last item in the "Recent files "menu. In fact, I couldn't seem to find a menu entitled "Recent Files". Also, could you explain more about how the "insert wheel" function will work after you have updated the code., ...........Will there be a limit on the amount of wheels you can store for later use? ( I have 50 or so I would like to Store for future use) Thanks a million Stan

clear button

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:56 am

Hi Stan.. Just upgraded to build 417 & all is working fine............now got the clear button etc.

expert lotto concept

Postby stan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:33 am

i thought that the concept of expert lotto was quite clear, so just a brief summary here:

* expert lotto is based on files. there's no internal/external database of wheels.

* the package is your basic workplace. it contains the tickets you are currently working with.

* you can fill the package using the ticket generator, or fill it with previously drawn winning numbers or you can load files into the package.

* you can load either binary files into the package (the default format) using menu 'package - file' or you can load text based files into the package (wheels) using menu 'menu - wheel'.

* when loading files into the package you can choose either to overwrite the current contents, append the file to the end of the package, merge the file with existing package contents or remove the file contents from the package contents.

* it's all up to you how and where you want to organize your collection of files/wheels. everything is just a file to expert lotto, it doesn't care where it came from.

* the recent files menu appears as a submenu under the 'package - file' menu after loading a file into the package. you can use it to load the same file again without the need for browsing for it in the file open window. it does not represent the contents of the package, it's merely a list of file names that were loaded into the package at some stage before.

pls let me know if there are still any other unclear issues.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:04 pm

I believe just about every program has a submenu under File showing recently opened files. Some you can tell how many to show. I hope you don't waste your time on trying to improve this Stan.
Maryland

Postby stan » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:17 pm

[quote=Maryland]
I believe just about every program has a submenu under File showing recently opened files. Some you can tell how many to show. I hope you don't waste your time on trying to improve this Stan.
[/quote]

nope, i just thought there was some misunderstanding as what the recent files menu is for. or maybe it is i who is confused here ;-)

btw, there were no updates this weekend as i was working on the compound filters. i think i finally got the ui and the design right so now it's just a matter of 'couple' of lines of code to actually implement it. hopefully some early version will be available for testing by the end of this week.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

delete a file

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:49 pm

Many thanks for that stan. Now that you have explained that way I see it all now............different to the way I first thought it operated, plus as stated earlier, once I downloaded & installed build 417, it worked perfectly...........I think my build 416 version must have got corrupted somewhere along the way. :wand: , & wasn't working properly. Anyhow, I am away laughing now. many thanks once again.

Postby zz » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:35 am

[quote=stan]
btw, there were no updates this weekend as i was working on the compound filters. i think i finally got the ui and the design right so now it's just a matter of 'couple' of lines of code to actually implement it. hopefully some early version will be available for testing by the end of this week.
[/quote]

Will generator be connected to all application's filters? I mean if it will be possible to use all of the recent application's filters with the generator?
zz

Postby stan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:41 am

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

Will generator be connected to all application's filters? I mean if it will be possible to use all of the recent application's filters with the generator?
[/quote]

not all filters. it won't be possible to use the coverage filters and the 'match package' filter as these filters need to access the complete set of tickets to work properly.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:47 am

[quote=stan]
not all filters. it won't be possible to use the coverage filters and the 'match package' filter as these filters need to access the complete set of tickets to work properly.
[/quote]

There are Match package and Match file filters...That means it will work with match file filter?
zz

Postby stan » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:53 am

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]

There are Match package and Match file filters...That means it will work with match file filter?
[/quote]

the match file filter should be no problem i guess. but comparing the generated tickets with a file may slow the generator down significantly (especially for large files)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Tue Feb 08, 2005 10:58 am

[quote=stan]

the match file filter should be no problem i guess. but comparing the generated tickets with a file may slow the generator down significantly (especially for large files)
[/quote]

There are a lot of application's filters available. I still didn't try them all....so if using some filters slows application a little , well, it's pleasure to explore and use program and it's possibilities , so it is not waste of time. :-)
zz

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests