Variable size match files

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:55 pm

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
- new features
* added 'match numbers' filter as requested

[/quote]

I just wanted to try the match numbers filter...it seems it doesn't have a import from a file possibility? :-(
[/quote]

do you mean you want to load a set of numbers from a file and cross them in the panel in filter's window?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:59 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
- new features

[/quote]

I just wanted to try the match numbers filter...it seems it doesn't have a import from a file possibility? :-(
[/quote]

do you mean you want to load a set of numbers from a file and cross them in the panel in filter's window?
[/quote]

Same as in the match file filter, it's more than desirable if a player may import them from a file sometimes....some players are willing to use much much more the match numbers lines than one, and usually they are probably imported from an excel file or such :-).
zz

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:05 pm

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
- new features

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same as in the match file filter, it's more than desirable if a player may import them from a file sometimes....some players are willing to use much much more the match numbers lines than one, and usually they are probably imported from an excel file or such :-).
[/quote]

well, it is doable but a lot of changes would be need in the file system code. i'll put it to my todo list and maybe it'll appear in some of the future releases (after the public release of 4.1)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 1:20 pm

[quote=stan]

well, it is doable but a lot of changes would be need in the file system code. i'll put it to my todo list and maybe it'll appear in some of the future releases (after the public release of 4.1)
[/quote]
Well, thanx :-)..I'm sure you will see an advance of having such a possibility ;-).
zz

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 3:31 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
- new features

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Huh, it seems I gotta stick with my own VB progie for a while, which compares arrays as it imports lines of any lengt from a file.
However, hope you might consider the import from a file possibility for the match numbers filter in the beta 4.2 release :-).
zz

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:13 pm

[quote=zz]
Huh, it seems I gotta stick with my own VB progie for a while, which compares arrays as it imports lines of any lengt from a file.
However, hope you might consider the import from a file possibility for the match numbers filter in the beta 4.2 release :-).
[/quote]

another problem is that it doesn't fit the application concept that well. the application does not allow to create ticket files with more numbers in each line than the ticket number count.
and if you can't create such a file, why would anyone want to read/process shuch a file?

(of course unless he has some vb script that generates such file ;-))

if you can come up with some interesting function(s) that would take advantage of this type of file, then why not? (but still after the 4.1 public release)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:15 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[/quote]

another problem is that it doesn't fit the application concept that well. the application does not allow to create ticket files with more numbers in each line than the ticket number count.
and if you can't create such a file, why would anyone want to read/process shuch a file?

if you can come up with some interesting function(s) that would take advantage of this type of file, then why not? (but still after the 4.1 public release)
[/quote]

There was no word about creating such afile using the application. Just is desirable to compare numbers from a file with different line lenght:-).

There are a quite few advantages having a such a thing.
zz

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:20 pm

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Ok, It seems it's a problem with more numbers...how about less numbers?
[/quote]

less numbers are ok, just use dummy/masked numbers to fill each line up to the required size
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:26 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Ok, It seems it's a problem with more numbers...how about less numbers?
[/quote]

less numbers are ok, just use dummy/masked numbers to fill each line up to the required size
[/quote]

Ok , so you want a nice winning advantage of having a match numbers file import possibility , and then you might consider it sooner? In about 4.2 beta?:-)
zz

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:32 pm

[quote=zz]
Ok , so you want a nice winning advantage of having a match numbers file import possibility , and then you might consider it sooner? In about 4.2 beta?:-)
[/quote]

i understand that this feature would be very handy for you. but there are other expert lotto users that cannot use this function because they can't create such files.

so i'm saying - instead of switching to ms excel to create match ticket files, let's introduce a new feature(s) into expert lotto that does the same...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:34 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]

- new features

(started a new thread as the old one was getting a bit long... ;-))
[/quote]

That was really fast :-)...doe's it mean there are some chances of getting the generator - generate all cosidering an overlap before the final release?
[/quote]

i'll try because i'm curious how this is going to come out ;-)
[/quote]

just tried it and it's not overly fast. it took me (mobile pentium 4 1ghz) one hour to generate all combinations for a 6/49 lottery with max overlap set to 2 (496 tickets left). :-(

i can imagine it'll be much worse for keno lotteries and for bigger overlap...
[/quote]

Well, doesn't matter if is not that fast in the beggining. Knowing you , you might get some new idea and the speed might be improved in the future. For start it's just important that works somehow, and that will not take more than a day to create combinations in some bigger lotteries:-).
BTW, you got some nice less than 500 combinations there already :-).
zz

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:42 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[/quote]

i understand that this feature would be very handy for you. but there are other expert lotto users that cannot use this function because they can't create such files.

so i'm saying - instead of switching to ms excel to create match ticket files, let's introduce a new feature(s) into expert lotto that does the same...
[/quote]

You don't need to create them...they are already ceated in many cases...FOR example: the first 150 combinations in your history don't have a 4 match most of the time, where many have 0, 1,2,or 3 match. That means if you combine properly 3 of these 6 number combinations, you will probably get max 4 number match in 18 numbers. So you can filter the for match 4 not from all them separatelly which brigs you not that near a JP, but match 4 from 18 numbers which is more powerful ...that's just one small exaple :-). And you might create these combinations using paper and pencil, excel, or anything else but it's important to import them from a file , since there is no need to change them all the time, and there are many such combinations you might deal with and check for the desired result...
zz

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:47 pm

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't need to create them...they are already ceated in many cases...FOR example: the first 150 combinations in your history doesn't have a 4 match most of the time. That means if you combine properly 3 of these 6 number combinations, you will probably get max 4 number match in 18 numbers. So you can filter not 4 from all them separatelly which brigs not that mch near a JP, but match 4 from 18 numbers...that's just one small exaple:-)
[/quote]

ok, but an average user must export the winning numbers first, import them to ms excel, combine winning numbers together and use them as a match file back in expert lotto and do the filtering.

it's better to either extend the match winning numbers filter or to let users to create these combinations in expert lotto directly.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:55 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
[quote=zz]
[/quote]

[/quote]

You don't need to create them...they are already ceated in many cases...FOR example: the first 150 combinations in your history doesn't have a 4 match most of the time. That means if you combine properly 3 of these 6 number combinations, you will probably get max 4 number match in 18 numbers. So you can filter not 4 from all them separatelly which brigs not that mch near a JP, but match 4 from 18 numbers...that's just one small exaple:-)
[/quote]

ok, but an average user must export the winning numbers first, import them to ms excel, combine winning numbers together and use them as a match file back in expert lotto and do the filtering.

it's better to either extend the match winning numbers filter or to let users to create these combinations in expert lotto directly.
[/quote]

I think that is a reason for such situations you made a possibility to export numbers... :-) You may wish to export them in any case, since you want to deal with them and make a proper bigger combinations where is match , let's say up to 4. And you may edit them by copy-paste either in excel or in a text file. And if you make several (tens or such) proper combinations... :-). It's just important to import them either from excel or text file, since it can be many at the time ant is necessary to frequently import them to check - filter for a desired result :-). And at the end you might save them in a file and use again - from a file of course. It's pretty hard if you type them all the time one by one :-) .

However, in whichever way you may solve the problem in dealing with different length combinations match, either in the match file filter or match numbers filter, it will be OK if there are a possibility for importing from a file.. (and saving to a file also, if you think it is necessary to make possible to make those different length combinations using the application only too...)
zz

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:55 pm

i moved some posts from the BETA 4.1 forum, i hope that not too many posts got lost
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests