Variable size match files

Postby zz » Fri Feb 25, 2005 4:58 pm

[quote=stan]
i moved some posts from the BETA 4.1 forum, i hope that not too many posts got lost
[/quote]

My the most important is still there...:-) and you moved it just now..
zz

Postby stan » Fri Feb 25, 2005 5:06 pm

[quote=zz]
[quote=stan]
i moved some posts from the BETA 4.1 forum, i hope that not too many posts got lost
[/quote]

My the most important is still there...:-) and you moved it just now..
[/quote]

i hope everything related is moved now ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:54 am

[quote=stan]

so i'm saying - instead of switching to ms excel to create match ticket files, let's introduce a new feature(s) into expert lotto that does the same...
[/quote]

Sure it would be good a idea also, which will significantly improve the application..but again, only if you might save the file which means you would have to import from the file also, and not only line by line as in match numbers filter...which again means the most important task part would be actually this - import from a file - different length lines feature ;-).

BTW, I was talking before about possibility for editig out of the application using txt or excel simply because that is probably much easier for you to make - in that case you don't need to change anything, or just a little regarding the application's code - the file can be used only as a READ file, without any importing visualy into application...
zz

Postby stan » Sat Feb 26, 2005 12:42 pm

man, you are pressing your case a lot! :-D

i'll look into it, but only after version 4.1 is released. there's still a lot of work to do...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Sat Feb 26, 2005 1:10 pm

[quote=stan]
man, you are pressing your case a lot! :-D

i'll look into it, but only after version 4.1 is released. there's still a lot of work to do...
[/quote]

Well...:-D
zz

Postby zz » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:27 pm

[quote=stan]
less numbers are ok, just use dummy/masked numbers to fill each line up to the required size
[/quote]

The application imports dummy numbers from the end of the line in a txt file to the front in the application...however, tried it but makes wrong results...so, this is going to wait for the newer version, too... :-D
zz

Postby stan » Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:55 pm

can you pls email me an example of your file and a description why the results are wrong? i'll check the code
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:26 am

Well, it’s about the same example that said ether error while loading or error while filtering I sent already but filled with 88, 89, etc, to the end. However, it doesn’t matter for now, as you said the application so far was not supposed to deal with different length lines … or at laeast not more than one lines at the time, as you already made numbers match filter that looks like it accepts dealing with one longer line at the time. Didn't try it for those shorter with filling dummy numbers since it would require some time for importing more than one lines in a compound filter. However, it seems used in a match file filter it might be OK if the file has only one shorter line that is filled with those dummy numbers regarding the match file procedure, but if a file has more than one line it seems from some reason it makes mistakes when looking for matching ....so it is possible to get some results but they might be inaccurate as I think I got..
However, as you said you might consider dealing with this matter in some future release, so that's OK.....
zz

Postby stan » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:06 am

i'm not sure i understood your response...

so just a few general notes:

* masked/dummy numbers are numbers from 99 down. e.g. when playing a 10/80 keno lottery then masked numbers are 90, 91, ..., 99

* when using the 'match file' filter the matching file MUST contain the same count of numbers in each ticket regardless whether it is the default binary format or an excel generated text (or csv) file. e.g. when playing a 10/80 keno each line must have exactly 10 numbers

* when using the 'match file' filter the position of masked numbers in a ticket is not significant. you must realize that a ticket with 6 regular numbers and 4 masked/dummy numbers will not yield match higher than 'match 6'
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Wed Mar 02, 2005 11:41 am

Well, I tried exactly that, but from some reason it seems may work properly only if a match file has only one line or such...
However, as you said, let's deal with this in some future version..
zz

Postby zz » Sun Mar 06, 2005 10:58 am

[quote=zz:1109756472]
Well, I tried exactly that, but from some reason it seems may work properly only if a match file has only one line or such...
However, as you said, let's deal with this in some future version..
[/quote]

Actually, it seems I wanted to check results earlier, canceled generating the tickets and it printed also the last line that was just partially checked or so. :red: That means probably will work in the way you explained :-).
zz

Postby stan » Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:21 pm

never mind. i did some thinking and i've got some idea how to implement this feature quite easily using the current file system framework. so this will be one of the new features in version 4.1.1 ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby zz » Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:04 pm

When do you plan to release the final 4.1 version?
zz

Postby zz » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:54 pm

[quote=stan:1110122480]
never mind. i did some thinking and i've got some idea how to implement this feature quite easily using the current file system framework. so this will be one of the new features in version 4.1.1 ;-)
[/quote]

:-D :-D :-D
zz

Postby stan » Sun Jun 12, 2005 10:52 am

i was kind of expecting your post here ;-)

anyway, the promised feature will be in version 4.1.2 released hopefully sometime next week.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests