Importing Keno Numbers

Importing Keno Numbers

Postby niceguy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:27 pm

Hi Stan & everyone, I am trying to import NSW (Australia) Keno results into a new Keno game, which I am trying to set up. However, the results (see enclosed attachment) don't have a date, month, & year on them. ( The first three numbers are the game number, the next 20 numbers are the numbers drawn, next is heads or tails, next is the bonus number.,) Therefore when I try to use the import wizard to import the results, it will not accept them as I don't have a date. I realise that I could manually put the date on each line, but as the game has about 400 or more draws per day, this would be exceptionally tedious & time consuming. Just wondering if there is any way around this problem. ?? Is it possible to alter Expert Lotto so that when using the import wizard you have a choice of game number,or date or both. I have noticed in the past that some of the lotto results give the game number & not always a date. (makes it hard to use import wizard) The results can also be viewed at http://www.gogokeno.com/results.aspx Many thanks for your very much appreciated help. :wand: :motz:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
niceguy

Postby Maryland » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:41 pm

I used excel once to put dates in, they were non-factual. You put a date in first cell then drag down to fill in the rest with ascending or decending or drag up. Don't remember at this precise moment how, but do remember doing it. :vogel:
Maryland

Postby Joe » Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:47 pm

[quote=Maryland]
I used excel once to put dates in, they were non-factual. You put a date in first cell then drag down to fill in the rest with ascending or decending or drag up.
[/quote]
I am doing the Same.
Joe

Postby stan » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:58 pm

i'd use excel to replace draw numbers with calendar dates as maryland and joe suggested, it shouldn't be that hard
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Fri Nov 23, 2007 11:07 pm

Here ya go Niceguy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maryland

Postby niceguy » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:34 pm

Hi Maryland,Stan & everyone else. Many thanks for your help. Maryland, your example worked perfectly. Only problem is that your example had different dates for each draw, so expert lotto accepts the games. Where as, what I am dealing with here is up to say 300 draws in one day. The problem is, how do I get 300 draws for the exact same date (ie 1 day), to go into Expert lotto? I find if I try to import say 300 draws all with same date on them, it says it has imported all of them successfully, but when I go into my Expert Lotto program it only shows a few of the games. I think it might be the way expert lotto works in that it doesn't think you can have so many games in one day, so it will NOT show all the imported games? ( e.g. only 4 of them?) I notice in your example that you did, each game has a different date on it. (thus Expert Lotto accepts it ok). I tried altering the setup so that it would accept more games each day, but 9 seems to be the maximum that you can have.?? I do have Excel on my computer, but am not at all familiar with it. Hope you can help me further. Once again many thanks, Kindest Regards,
Niceguy. :wand:
niceguy

Postby stan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:00 pm

300 draws in a single day? does it mean winning numbers are drawn every five minutes?
there's only a limited number of draws per day that expert lotto supports so i don't think you'll be able to import such winning numbers if you use the same date for each draw from the same day.

if you really want such data in expert lotto then i'd assign unique date to each draw, even starting from year, e.g. 1500 and keep only latest few thousand draws in the database.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby niceguy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:27 pm

Yep that's correct Stan. Hard to believe but a draw about every 5 min. I've just got back from Sydney & they have what they call "Club Keno". This is where dozens of clubs are "linked" together throughout NSW , to the same keno game. Thanks for the suggestion regarding the dates. Seems as though it will be a good "work around". I am not familiar with Excel, & am wondering if it is possible to put the game results into Excel & then somehow get Excel to input the dates numerically in order besides each game result? That is instead of having to physically input each date next to each game, before importing the results into Expert Lotto?? Many thanks for your very much appreciated help.
niceguy

Postby niceguy » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:03 pm

Hi maryland I'm not at all familiar with using Excel, but am wondering if you could please explain how you got Excel to put the dates in next to each game in the example you did for me. Many thanks once again for your help. :-D
niceguy

Postby Maryland » Fri Nov 30, 2007 12:36 am

Didn't you get my email Niceguy?
Maryland

Postby niceguy » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:42 am

Hi Maryland. Sorry, no I didn't get the email. But just remembered that as I changed my ISP recently, I had to change my email address, & the one on my Expert Lotto profile was still my old email address. :gun: I have now changed it to the correct one. Sorry to be a pain, but wondering if you would be so kind as to resend the email ?? :-D I would be ever so greatful if you could. Many thanks, Niceguy.
niceguy

Postby Maryland » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:10 am

Ok niceguy, resent and hope you got it. No pain, glad to help. It always comes back 10 fold. What goes around comes around. Give a fish, he eats for one day, teach to fish he eats forever. :finger:
Maryland

Postby niceguy » Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:01 pm

Hi Maryland. Yes got the email ok. Many thanks for that I really appreciate the trouble you went to, & the detail with which you did it. I did exactly what you said & it works perfect!! (LOL) :-D If your 10 times theory works, if I win a $million, you should win $10 million!! Good luck. ;-)
niceguy

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests