Segment Size vs. Possible Increase/Decrease

Segment Size vs. Possible Increase/Decrease

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:25 pm

I have seen where some have set the Segment Defaults to use one past drawing range so that one of the three segments will always be zero. I have played around with this and found that if you do this it can make possible segment combinations somewhat confusing if you are looking at a columns possibility of increasing or decreasing. What happens is the segment combinations can become both increase and decrease example, 3, 2, 0 can be increase in one column but be decrease in another column.

The segment default size should be set so that the segment combinations can be standardized as closely as possible. This way you can look at a segment combination such as 3, 2, 0 and know that it is more likely to be an increase than a decrease.

I don’t know if there is an easy way of making a determination if a segment combination is an increase or a decrease for a column the way EL is setup now. I would like to see a plug-in that would show the sum range for the column in question based on the Segment Default setting.

I have attached an image of the idea but left out the sum values as I didn't know what the possibilities were but, you should get the idea. The sum values of course would be different depending on what the segment defaults are set to.

Padawan
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:28 pm

got the idea, i'll think about it...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Jan 06, 2008 7:54 pm

Thanks stan, I have been recently doing some re-evaluation on Segment default settings and I feel that the defaults should to be set so that they balance out the amount of numbers of the game being played as best as it can. In a 5/39 the Segments Default should be set so that they divide the numbers into 13, 13, 13, as close as possible and in a 6/49 16, 16, 17.

Thanks again for looking,

Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:43 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
Thanks stan, I have been recently doing some re-evaluation on Segment default settings and I feel that the defaults should to be set so that they balance out the amount of numbers of the game being played as best as it can. In a 5/39 the Segments Default should be set so that they divide the numbers into 13, 13, 13, as close as possible and in a 6/49 16, 16, 17.

Padawan
[/quote]

Padawan,

Does this mean in a 5/36, segments should be 12,12,12?
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:54 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=PadawanLotto]

Padawan
[/quote]

Padawan,

[/quote]

Yes, you won't be able to get it perfect but try to set your segment defaults so Seg 1 covers 12 numbers give or take. Consider that in column 0 the last 3 drawings can have a maximum of 15 numbers so, Seg 1 default would be 3. You will have to workout what the best setting is for Seg 2, for me it's 9.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:01 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=PadawanLotto]

Padawan
[/quote]

Padawan,

[/quote]

Yes, you won't be able to get it perfect but try to set your segment defaults so Seg 1 covers 12 numbers give or take. Consider that in column 0 the last 3 drawings can have a maximum of 15 numbers so, Seg 1 default would be 3. You will have to workout what the best setting is for Seg 2, for me it's 9.
[/quote]

Just so I fully grasp what you are saying. You're saying to divide the number of balls in the game, then look at history differences and find how many rows it takes to cover. For example, Fla is 5/36, 12,12,12. So, for today, it takes 3 rows to cover 12 numbers. Depending on the number of repeats each lottery has, you set the segment accordingly. Doesn't that mean, you may have to change the segment setting after every draw?
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:57 pm

[quote=CARBOB]

Just so I fully grasp what you are saying. You're saying to divide the number of balls in the game, then look at history differences and find how many rows it takes to cover. For example, Fla is 5/36, 12,12,12. So, for today, it takes 3 rows to cover 12 numbers. Depending on the number of repeats each lottery has, you set the segment accordingly. Doesn't that mean, you may have to change the segment setting after every draw?
[/quote]

No, you wouldn't change the settings because it will never be a perfect split, just close as possible. This should make the top occurring segment combinations 221,122,212,131,311,230, and 320. Segment combinations that contain a 5 in them should be extremely rare.

I loaded a copy of Segments Summary Table into Excel and ran a count for 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 in each segment for all columns for the last months worth of past draws. What I found was Segment combinations with 5's are extremely rare. In all of the columns 0 thru -10, in Segment 2 the 0 is extremely rare like segment combinations 302, and 203. Looking at segment 3 results I found that all but one of the columns segment combinations with a trailing 3 was rare, the one column I found that produced trailing 3's was -8. Some of the columns show leading 0's to be rare. Column -2 in my game shows that segment 2 1's and 3's are a very common occurrence.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:23 am

Padawan, thanks. Your insight is very helpful.
CARBOB

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests