New feature for the History Difference

New feature for the History Difference

Postby tax » Sun Mar 13, 2005 1:30 pm

Stan,

Until now I have been a bit afraid of using the history difference window but after reading all comments and the help file again as well as playing with it for a couple of days I now find it not only useful but necessary.

However, I think there is something missing that could be very useful (at least to me).

The idea is that after filtering by segment criterias, select rows, switch to the visual package window and remove matches in 2,3,4,5 and so forth, I end up with 500,000 tickets still out of 8,100,00+ (6in45 lottery). Now, this great since I have not used any other filter yet, but I have no idea what ranges I should apply for my Winning Number History filter in the Min and Max columns, and at the moment it is still a GUESS pretty much, even if you get an indication with the "simulate" button. It is still a simulation though and you can be sure that 1 to 2 columns will not follow the trend indicated by that feature.

So what I am asking is a button somewhere that tests all tickets in my package against every table in the History Difference (I mean table 0, -1, -1 and so forth till -10), records all the SIM values and gives me the 2 extremes Min and Max for each table.

To apply these values directly would not have any filtering effect since all tickets would pass the Min and Max test but I need to find those values and compare them with a whole bunch of ranges I have set up in a spreadsheet for the last 2 years of lottery.

Example: If I usually play Min = -18 and Max = 22 for column -7 and with the above button I find out that for column -7 the range created by all tickets will be Min = -34 and Max = 5, I can now adjust my values, especially the Min one.

Cheers
Laurent
tax

Postby stan » Sun Mar 13, 2005 8:37 pm

sounds like a good idea.

there's such functionality in expert lotto already. in the wn history filter window you can click the 'lookup min and max' button and the table will show the absolute mininum and maximum values for each column for the selected winning numbers range. that should give you some idea as what the ranges are (regardless what the current content of package is).

but i'll add a new feature so that it's possible to calculate min/max values for tickets in the package as requested. but it'll have to wait after version 4.1 is released.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby tax » Mon Mar 14, 2005 5:41 am

Stan,

This is interesting because when I click on the button you mention above, a new window comes up saying "PROCESSING TICKETS IN THE PACKAGE". Once it has finished it displays new values for Min and Max for each column. Your answer however suggest that it should not look at the package content.....

Any comment?
tax

Postby stan » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:25 pm

you were right, i was wrong :red:

the 'lookup min max' function does exactly what you were asking for. that means check every ticket in the package and display the min and max value for differencies in each column. sorry for misleading you...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests