Playslip Print Problems with Demo version

Postby stan » Wed Nov 10, 2004 10:34 am

Hello Cegiz,

you're the first one reporting such a problem. Can you pls provide the name and version of your operating system and also the Java Runtime version?

As a quick test you may try printing the playslip number horizontally because the bug may be related to the print orientation.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Cyber-C » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:50 pm

Hello again,

MS Windows 2000
Service Pack 4

Computer:
Intel Pent. III Mobile
CPU 1000 MHZ
654,320 KB RAM

Java 2 Runtime Environment
SEv 1.4.2-05 (Build b04)

I actually tried switching the orientation before posting the initial message. All I got was huge fonts in the other direction :-)
Size 100 or more is my guess.

Regards

Cengiz
Cyber-C

Postby stan » Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:07 pm

i checked the source code and plain 'arial' font is being used, size '3' (this could be the problem).

cengiz, can you pls try printing out any expert lotto table to make sure that the problem is in playslip printing only. e.g. generate 10 tickets into the package and click the print button on the same page.

maybe also try updating the driver for your printer.

in the meantime i'll prepare a special expertlotto library for you, which uses a different font for playslip printing. we're not able to reproduce this problem so this is the only way to 'debug' it. ;-)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby administrator » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:46 pm

i found out what the problem was. it's actually a bug in our code! :vogel:
i didn't notice that you entered your playslip dimensions in inches so the font size is actually 25 times bigger than what it is supposed to be. a shameful lack of testing on our side, still blushing... :red:

please use this link to donwload a new version of expert lotto library:
http://www.expertlotto.com/files/tmp/expertlotto.jar
and copy it to expertlottolib directory as temporary hotfix. it'll be fixed in the next expert lotto release.

i apologize for the incovenience!
administrator
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests