Segments and Number Reduction

Segments and Number Reduction

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:28 pm

I know I've said this before but, we need to find away to reduce the amount of numbers and not just reduce the amount of combinations. I have been looking at Max Segments and re-thinking Segment Defaults and Segment Choice. I was thinking that if we could find a Segment Default that produced more segment combinations within the columns that have a good chance of containing zeros, we may be able to make segment combination choices by looking at the Max Segments. We would be looking for the columns where the Max Segments show the highest amount of numbers that could produce a Segment combination that contains a zero. If we could choose a segment combination with a zero and the choice was correct we have not only reduced the amount of combinations but, we have reduced the total amount of numbers used, reducing the amount of combinations even further. Yea, Yea, eaiser said than done!

Does anybody out there use Max Segments as part of your strategy?
PadawanLotto

Postby Maryland » Sat Mar 08, 2008 10:58 pm

PadawanLotto, I've been beating my brain up with segments. In my 5/39 game hardly ever do you have to go past -6 column to get down to one ticket. Columns -7 through -11 don't even concern me now, so I've eliminated 5 columns. I've been using 1/10 in my segment defaults. There have been a couple people mention it was no problem to make a program to check which combination of segments would leave a set minimum of tickets or something to that sort. Geesh I was cheering a 100 percent for them. I wouldn't care if it took 4 hours or more to run such a program or plugin. It would be a gold mine, don't you think?
Maryland

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Mar 09, 2008 5:56 pm

Do you start your filtering from column 0 and filter in column order -1, -2, -3, and so on? How do you choose segment combinations, one at a time or more than one from column 0, -1, -2, and so on?
PadawanLotto

Postby Maryland » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:49 pm

I start from column 0 and by the time I get to -6 it's down to one to four tickets. If you knew which segment combination left you with one to four tickets you wouldn't have to work anymore. I don't even want the big one of 5 hits, just a couple of 4 hits a week. They pay $400 for a 4 hit. A plugin or program that could check segment comibinations you feed it (not one at a time) but thousands and leave only segment combinations that supply a maximum of say 5 tickets would like I say be a goldmine. I believe mathhead was one who said it was no problem to create this.

If Stan is reading this, I'd like to know what is the maximum compound or group filters EL would let you make?

In my own opinion Win History Sums or Segment combinations is the only way to go with EL. The basics of EL in the beginning was Win History Sums. Expert Lotto is one of a kind!
Maryland

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:53 am

[quote=Maryland]
I start from column 0 and by the time I get to -6 it's down to one to four tickets. If you knew which segment combination left you with one to four tickets you wouldn't have to work anymore. I don't even want the big one of 5 hits, just a couple of 4 hits a week. They pay $400 for a 4 hit. A plugin or program that could check segment comibinations you feed it (not one at a time) but thousands and leave only segment combinations that supply a maximum of say 5 tickets would like I say be a goldmine. I believe mathhead was one who said it was no problem to create this.

If Stan is reading this, I'd like to know what is the maximum compound or group filters EL would let you make?

In my own opinion Win History Sums or Segment combinations is the only way to go with EL. The basics of EL in the beginning was Win History Sums. Expert Lotto is one of a kind!
[/quote]
It must take a lot of time to do the workout to get your tickets without having a plugin to help out. I don't have that kind of time due to the way I work at my regular job but, I wouldn't have a problem running a plug in that took 4 hours to work by its self.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:28 pm

[quote=Maryland:1205081375]
[/quote]

there's no limit. but you have too many of them, starting up expert lotto will be a bit slower...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:30 pm

[quote=Maryland:1205009911]
PadawanLotto, I've been beating my brain up with segments. In my 5/39 game hardly ever do you have to go past -6 column to get down to one ticket. Columns -7 through -11 don't even concern me now, so I've eliminated 5 columns. I've been using 1/10 in my segment defaults. There have been a couple people mention it was no problem to make a program to check which combination of segments would leave a set minimum of tickets or something to that sort. Geesh I was cheering a 100 percent for them. I wouldn't care if it took 4 hours or more to run such a program or plugin. It would be a gold mine, don't you think?
[/quote]

well, if you describe how it should work, i can try stitching something up...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:12 am

Stan, in the help file you show an example (4) of using win history to get the jackpot ticket. I used the example with segments and by the time I get to -6 column there is only 1-4 tickets left which is the jackpot. I don't use the -10/+10 but the segments themselves. The amount of combinations for 7 positions at 21 segments I know is astronomical but what if I had say 30,000 segment combinations at 7 positions I wanted to use and wanted EL to check and only leave the segment combination and the tickets for it that left 1-4 tickets. Hope I explained it right :anx:. I believe padawanlotto, csenior, tax and myself are all on the same idea with this.
Maryland

Postby Jerzy » Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi Padawan, Maryland and everyone interested in this idea,

If I skip the last draw in the Winning Numbers data base and filter the full package with WNH Differences segment filter using segment patterns which are correct for the skipped draw, usually after filtering column -6 or -7 one ticket only remains in the package. If I continue filtering the remaining columns using correct segment patterns, this 1 ticket (jackpot ticket) will be left in the package. If I filter the remaining columns using wrong segment patterns this ticket will be removed.

It is also possible to get 1 ticket after filtering first several columns with wrong segment patterns but further filtering even with right segments will result in loss of this ticket which isn't the jackpot ticket anyway.

So to be sure that the segment patterns combination is capable of selecting a jackpot ticket from the full package, it is necessary to filter in all columns; from column 0 to -6 or -7 to find such ticket and in the remaining columns to confirm it.

How many posssible segment pattern combinations could be involved? If one segment pattern combination is responsible for one ticket in the package, as many segment pattern combinations as the tickets in the game. The tickets have theoretically equal chance to be drawn and EL is open to any draw result.

There are 28 segment patterns in pick 6 lotto. If you assign an index number to each segment pattern (index numbers from 1 to 28) and use 11 columns as positions, you could build a kind of wheel, like in a 11/28 game. This wheel would have 21,474,180 combinations. There are so many possible combinations of 28 segment patterns in 11 columns in pick 6 lotto, regardles of numbers used in the game (45 or 49 numbers, it doesn't matter).

But if we use only top 14 segment patterns (50% of all) there would be only 364 possible combinations in 11 columns. If 18 segment patterns -31,824 possible combination. And if we use 20 most commonly occuring segment patterns - 167,960 combinations. Back testing for top 20 segment pattern shows 98 - 99% reliability for each column taken separately.

Using the option of filtering with top 20 segment patterns we could reduce the size of package from many millions to below 167,960 tickets, reliably and with one filter only.

This is just general discussion. Probably I know how this filter could be built, but before saying more, I am interested in your opinions.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 pm

What you're saying makes sense and I never thought of it that way. Of course you would want to filter out unlikely combinations of successive numbers, odd/even, sum range, past 6 draws. You might also want to think about eliminating the possibility of 11 segment combinations being the same such as 11 columns being 4,1,1.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Jerzy,

I would be very interested in how to accomplish this. I have taken the top 60% Segments , created combinations for the first 5 columns O thru -5. This was for Fla 5/36, I had 32776 combinations, then I compared to WNH Segments and there were only 317 hits out of approximately 2400 draws. None of the combinations had over 2 hits. Before we go to far with this, maybe we should move this disscussion to Jackpot forum.
CARBOB

Postby Maryland » Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:58 am

Maybe a good idea Carbob moving this discussion. To Jersy...I was talking of my lotto which is 5/39 and using 1/10 for segments default. I'll talk more about it in jackpot if you would all like to move it.
Maryland

Postby CSenior » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:01 am

Agreed!!! Good call guys!
CSenior

Postby Jerzy » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:57 am

OK, I am moving this discussion to the Jackpot section.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:00 pm

[quote=Maryland:1205273565]
Stan, in the help file you show an example (4) of using win history to get the jackpot ticket. I used the example with segments and by the time I get to -6 column there is only 1-4 tickets left which is the jackpot. I don't use the -10/+10 but the segments themselves. The amount of combinations for 7 positions at 21 segments I know is astronomical but what if I had say 30,000 segment combinations at 7 positions I wanted to use and wanted EL to check and only leave the segment combination and the tickets for it that left 1-4 tickets. Hope I explained it right :anx:. I believe padawanlotto, csenior, tax and myself are all on the same idea with this.
[/quote]

so if my understanding is correct then it would be something like a 'preview' button for thousands different filter settings a then showing which filter settings leave the lowest amount of tickets.
technically it is possible to implement something like this but it would take really long time to calculate:)
there's one problem though - how do you want to enter the filter settings? i don't think you want to type 30k settings manually:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests