Postby Picsou » Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:24 pm

IGNORE precedent post
Not possible because repetitive segments

cdt
Picsou

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:09 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto:1207818325]
[quote=stan]
well, i can do that. but wouldn't the filter be too restrictive then? if you paste segment combinations for all history columns then there'll be only one matching ticket...
[/quote]
Package Statistics is where I get the segment patterns for processing. You would have to do some pre-filtering and choose one segment at a time from column 0 then, run Count passing tickets, move data to Excel for more filtering and then back to Multiple WNH Segments Filter. From there you would have to save the results and move to the next segment in column 0 that you want to use.
[/quote]

it sounds fairly complicated. i'm sure i can do something in expert lotto to make it a better experience (on the other hand i don't want to spend a few days working on a feature that'll be abandoned after a while because the strategy doesn't work:)
any ideas?
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:11 pm

[quote=alland:1207895503]
also is there a way of increasing cpu usage , at the moment with this filter running only uses 50%-60% , when i run two expert lotto's uses 100%.
[/quote]

multiple segments filter is single-threaded. i'm planning to add multithreading support later on...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:13 pm

[quote=Red Devil]
I would like to see this implemented as well is it possible to have a wildcard like? to miss digits out.

eg.

3-0-3,4-1-1,2-?-?,3-?-?,?-?-3, etc
[/quote]

ok
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Red Devil » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:51 pm

Stan,

Thanks

Red Devil
Red Devil

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:59 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=stan]
well, i can do that. but wouldn't the filter be too restrictive then? if you paste segment combinations for all history columns then there'll be only one matching ticket...
[/quote]
Package Statistics is where I get the segment patterns for processing. You would have to do some pre-filtering and choose one segment at a time from column 0 then, run Count passing tickets, move data to Excel for more filtering and then back to Multiple WNH Segments Filter. From there you would have to save the results and move to the next segment in column 0 that you want to use.
[/quote]

it sounds fairly complicated. i'm sure i can do something in expert lotto to make it a better experience (on the other hand i don't want to spend a few days working on a feature that'll be abandoned after a while because the strategy doesn't work:)
any ideas?
[/quote] Right now the way things are, you either get the segment patterns from package statistics and move them to Excel to remove the number combinations and the cloumn headers or you hand type in 10's of thousands of segment patterns to notepad so that the multiple segments filter can read the data correctly. I don't care to hand type all of the segment patterns, if we could get just the segment patterns from package statistics without the number combinations and the column headers would be a big help. You still would have to move the multiple segments counts to Excel to filter out the combinations that do meet the criteria but, that's not too bad.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 8:58 pm

[quote=Red Devil:1208100002]

I would like to see this implemented as well is it possible to have a wildcard like? to miss digits out.

eg.

[/quote]

implemented in version 1.0.2 which is now available for download.
the filter is also multi-thread (except for 'count passing tickets' option)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:19 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=stan]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]
[/quote]

any ideas?
[/quote] Right now the way things are, you either get the segment patterns from package statistics and move them to Excel to remove the number combinations and the cloumn headers or you hand type in 10's of thousands of segment patterns to notepad so that the multiple segments filter can read the data correctly. I don't care to hand type all of the segment patterns, if we could get just the segment patterns from package statistics without the number combinations and the column headers would be a big help. You still would have to move the multiple segments counts to Excel to filter out the combinations that do meet the criteria but, that's not too bad.
[/quote]

pls use 'export segments' button in multiple wnh segments filter plugin version 1.0.3 which is now available for download.

http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm#news
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:24 pm

[quote=stan]

eg.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stan, I know you have been busting you rear-end making all the changes. I for one, am very appreciative of your work to keep us happy. Is it possible to make the "Count Passing Tickets", multi-thread. In a big package, it would probably speed things up.
CARBOB

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 9:29 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
[quote=stan]

eg.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Stan, I know you have been busting you rear-end making all the changes. I for one, am very appreciative of your work to keep us happy. Is it possible to make the "Count Passing Tickets", multi-thread. In a big package, it would probably speed things up.
[/quote]
i'll look at it:)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:03 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=stan]
[quote=stan]
[/quote]
[/quote]

any ideas?
[/quote]

pls use 'export segments' button in multiple wnh segments filter plugin version 1.0.3 which is now available for download.

http://www.expertlotto.com/en/download/beta.htm#news
[/quote]
The export is nice but what is up with the question marks in the out.txt? Sample: ?-2-2,?-1-1,?-1-2,?-2-0,?-1-1,?-0-2,?-1-3,?-2-1,?-1-1,?-2-2,?-2-3
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:09 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
The export is nice but what is up with the question marks in the out.txt? Sample: ?-2-2,?-1-1,?-1-2,?-2-0,?-1-1,?-0-2,?-1-3,?-2-1,?-1-1,?-2-2,?-2-3
[/quote]

you mean in output of 'count passing tickets'? the question marks is a wildcard meaning that any number can be at that segment position...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:17 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

you mean in output of 'count passing tickets'? the question marks is a wildcard meaning that any number can be at that segment position...
[/quote]Ok. I have never used wild cards but it seems that since I'm working a pick 5 that there is only one possible choice of number to fill the ?'s. If others find this option useful I can deal with it.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:19 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=stan]
[quote=PadawanLotto]
[/quote]

[/quote]Ok. I have never used wild cards but it seems that since I'm working a pick 5 that there is only one possible choice of number to fill the ?'s. If others find this option useful I can deal with it.
[/quote]

there can be two wildcards:
2-?-?,?-?-1,etc...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Segment Wildcards?

Postby PadawanLotto » Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:17 am

With the wildcard feature it seems that you can not place a number value in the first segment place as it turns into a wildcard durring processing and leaves all combinations. If I set a segment to 2-?-? and have Multiple Segments filter process it the return is ?-?-? leaving all combinations. I can setup wild card like this ?-1-? and the filter will process the segment correctly. I still see no need in having wildcards in the segments as if you want all segments in column 0 to start with 2 then choose all segments in column 0 that start with 2. There is no sense in choosing two numbers and one wildcard in segments as there will be only one number possible to fill the wildcard space. If you are playing a pick 6 and choose 2-1-?, there is only one possible number that will fit in the wildcard position, 3.
PadawanLotto

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests