Multiple WNH Segments Filter

Multiple WNH Segments Filter

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:11 pm

The amount of possible segment patterns throughout the 11 columns ranges in the 100's of millions. This amount of course is substantially reduced due to the limiting factor of the total possibilities of the lottery game that you are playing such as a 5/39, 575,757 combinations or a 6/49, 13,983,816 combinations. After each and every drawing the WNH will change and the segment patterns within the 11 columns will change also but, still limited by the total amount of possible combinations in the lottery game you are playing. So if you are playing a 5/39, out of the 100's of millions of possible segment patterns only 575,757 segment patterns will pretain to the next drawing and most likely never the same.

Working with the Multiple WNH Segments Filter we know that it is already difficult due to the amount of possible combinations in the lottery game we are playing and we are limited by the amount of columns that can be used in Excel for analysis. So I got to thinking about our objective and the parameters that we are going to be working with and I came up with an idea. If you were to look at all of the possible combinations of the lottery you are playing before any filtering, all 11 columns segment patterns would be unique but, we are only going to be working with the first 6 to 8 columns. We are looking for segment patterns that produce a single ticket combinations within columns -5 to -7 and there are many repeating segment patterns within the first 2 to 5 columns but, the closer you get to columns -5, -6, and -7 the fewer the repeating segment patterns there are. Segment patterns that repeat beyond column -7 most likely can be left out.

Now what we need to do is look for the unique segment patterns within the first 6 to 8 columns and then look for the segment patterns that produce a single ticket combination within columns -5, -6, and -7. If you have Excel here is the way to find the unique segment pattern http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346261033.aspx?pid=CL100570551033. My best suggestion at this point is to use your best safe filtering to lower the amount of combinations before moving on to multiple WNH segments analysis.

One other thing that we need to look into is makeing the movement of data between CSV, Excel, and text easier. One problem I have is moving data from Excel to a text file leaves spaces that have to be closed and commas that have to be placed for the Multiple WNH Segments filter to read the data entered correctly, if anybody has a solution to this please let us all know.

I hope I have explained this well enough for everybody to understand as I had a hard time trying to explain the idea.

Good Luck!
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:32 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]

One other thing that we need to look into is makeing the movement of data between CSV, Excel, and text easier. One problem I have is moving data from Excel to a text file leaves spaces that have to be closed and commas that have to be placed for the Multiple WNH Segments filter to read the data entered correctly, if anybody has a solution to this please let us all know.

I hope I have explained this well enough for everybody to understand as I had a hard time trying to explain the idea.

Good Luck!
[/quote] Ok, I have found the solution, after doing your multiple segments analysis and filtering out unwanted segment patterns you will want to save the Excel workbook page as a CSV. This will eliminate spaces and place commas in the correct places and from there you can load the text file into the Multiple Segments Filter for processing.
PadawanLotto

New Problem

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:32 am

I filtered a full package using my best safe filters and picked one segment from column 0 that has a good chance of being drawn in the next drawing. This brings down the amount of combinations to a workable amount for Excel. In Excel I removed all repeating segment patterns in columns 0 thru -7 and placed the remaining unique segments back into a txt file and filtered using Multiple Segments filter. The filter didn't filter anything out and left all of the tickets I filtered out in Excel. I never thought about the filter leaving duplicate patterns.

We need the ability to remove duplicate patterns within columns 0 thru -7. We need to remove any patterns where columns -2, -3, and -4 contain a 1. I think this would be the next steps in filter development as this being a new filter. This filter is nice but takes a lot of time to move and manually filter data not to mention the time it takes the filter to do it's stuff.
PadawanLotto

Update

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:11 am

I took a full package of 575,757 combinations and ran my best safe filters and calculated stats. I went into statisics WNH Segments and chose one of the top 5 most likely segments and filtered using leave which, left 13,222 combinations. I went to Package Statistics and with segment columns 0 thur -10 showing only I exported to a text file and then copy/pasted into Excel removing and formating data as necessary for readability. I then had to save the cleaned up set of segments to CSV file and then save that file to a text file so that it could be loaded back into Multiple Segments Filter for processing. After Multiple Segments Filter did it's stuff I had to import that file back into Excel.

In Excel I chose column -7's count and at the top of the page I clicked on Data>Filter>AutoFilter which places and arrow at the top of the column. I clicked on the arrow and it show all of the count values in the column. I chose custom>show rows where: is greater than 1. This will bring up all rows where the count is higher then 1 and then I highlighted all of the rows from the extreme left and went to Edit>Delete Row. This will leave all segment patterns where the count is 1.

I highlighted column -4's count and did the same but removed the rows that had a count of 1. I ended up with 9,795 combinations still, more combinations than I can afford to play and I still have 4 more segments from column 0 to filter. I copied the segment patterns to another page in the workbook and saved as a CSV. I went to the CSV and opened it and clicked save and saved it to notepad. I opened that file in Multiple Segments Filter and filtered using leave.

A lot of time and work involved here and still have too many tickets to play.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:41 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
We need the ability to remove duplicate patterns within columns 0 thru -7.
[/quote]
I you filter column -7 for a count of 1, there won't be any dupicate patterns.
PadawanLotto

Postby Picsou » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:28 pm

Padawanlotto

I did not understand everything of what you want to make.

At least, when I sort out more than 4700 draws for my loto 6/49, there is no redundancy of the same pattern of segments. From the segment 2, it does not exist any more.

At the moment, a pattern which does not often go out appears on a segment and distorts all the analysis.

I is then better to group several possible patters by segments and to make then one or some leaks out supplementaire.
We can decider to filter on:
An echelle of sum, to eliminate continuation of several numbers consecutifs, eliminate all the combinations having a number taken out during the precedent draw, etc.

cdt
Picsou

Postby Maryland » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:42 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I took a full package of 575,757 combinations and ran my best safe filters and calculated stats. I went into statisics WNH Segments and chose one of the top 5 most likely segments and filtered using leave which, left 13,222 combinations. I went to Package Statistics and with segment columns 0 thur -10 showing only I exported to a text file and then copy/pasted into Excel removing and formating data as necessary for readability. I then had to save the cleaned up set of segments to CSV file and then save that file to a text file so that it could be loaded back into Multiple Segments Filter for processing. After Multiple Segments Filter did it's stuff I had to import that file back into Excel.

In Excel I chose column -7's count and at the top of the page I clicked on Data>Filter>AutoFilter which places and arrow at the top of the column. I clicked on the arrow and it show all of the count values in the column. I chose custom>show rows where: is greater than 1. This will bring up all rows where the count is higher then 1 and then I highlighted all of the rows from the extreme left and went to Edit>Delete Row. This will leave all segment patterns where the count is 1.

I highlighted column -4's count and did the same but removed the rows that had a count of 1. I ended up with 9,795 combinations still, more combinations than I can afford to play and I still have 4 more segments from column 0 to filter. I copied the segment patterns to another page in the workbook and saved as a CSV. I went to the CSV and opened it and clicked save and saved it to notepad. I opened that file in Multiple Segments Filter and filtered using leave.

[/quote]

Thanks for the excel tip. I always copy tidbits I see here in notepad and save them. :finger:
Maryland

Postby Maryland » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:03 pm

[quote=Maryland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]

[/quote]

Thanks for the excel tip. I always copy tidbits I see here in notepad and save them. :finger:
[/quote]

Padawanlotto, using your little tip for excel I found some interesting stuff.
I normally use 20 numbers which amounts to 15000 something combinations. Using your tip about the (auto filter in excel) if you know only the first two segments on this one test so far, I was left with 21 combinations which included the jackpot.

I highlighted all the columns (which I only use 7 not 11) of the segments then use auto filter and picked the right segment from the drop down box for the first two columns. Check this out if you get time. I play 5/39.

And this is using the csv file from the multiple segments filter.
Maryland

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:51 pm

[quote=Maryland]
[quote=Maryland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I normally use 20 numbers which amounts to 15000 something combinations. Using your tip about the (auto filter in excel) if you know only the first two segments on this one test so far, I was left with 21 combinations which included the jackpot.

I highlighted all the columns (which I only use 7 not 11) of the segments then use auto filter and picked the right segment from the drop down box for the first two columns. Check this out if you get time. I play 5/39.

[/quote]
Interesting, when I enter the segment patterns into Excel from Package Statistics for cleanup, I highlight column -1 and use autofilter to remove all of the repeating segments from column 0. I work with only one segment at a time from column 0, if column 0 segment is 2-2-1, I remove all of the segment patterns that have 2-2-1 in column -1 as this is a rare occurrence for the way I have my segment defaults setup.
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:09 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=Maryland]
[quote=Maryland]
[quote=PadawanLotto]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Interesting, when I enter the segment patterns into Excel from Package Statistics for cleanup, I highlight column -1 and use autofilter to remove all of the repeating segments from column 0. I work with only one segment at a time from column 0, if column 0 segment is 2-2-1, I remove all of the segment patterns that have 2-2-1 in column -1 as this is a rare occurrence for the way I have my segment defaults setup.[/quote]

I'm a little confused about your methods.What is the segment default you are using?
Won't Package stats be all 1's?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CARBOB

Multiple Segment

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:12 pm

If anybody has any good ideas let us know about them.
PadawanLotto

Postby alland » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:29 pm

excellent work padawan with the pdf.

sorted out a few issues was having problems with.

thankyou
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:33 pm

[quote=CARBOB]
I'm a little confused about your methods.What is the segment default you are using?
[/quote] I work with a 5/39 and use Segment Defaults of Seg 1 = 3 and Seg 2 = 9, this gives a real nice balance of the WN history and a nice spread of segments throuhgout the 11 columns. What would make you think that package stats would all be 1's?
PadawanLotto

Postby CARBOB » Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:48 pm

[quote=PadawanLotto]
[quote=CARBOB]
[/quote] I work with a 5/39 and use Segment Defaults of Seg 1 = 3 and Seg 2 = 9, this gives a real nice balance of the WN history and a nice spread of segments throuhgout the 11 columns. What would make you think that package stats would all be 1's?
[/quote]

I must have done something wrong. BTW, I just read the PDF file, very nice work and let me add, very gracious of you. Will use your instructions and report back.
CARBOB

Postby CARBOB » Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:54 am

I think, the reason I am getting all 1's in Col -7. I have been using my Cash 3 lottery and the 1's will appear much sooner in the columns. For example I have to use -3 column for Cash 3.

0 -1 -2 -3

225 48 4 1
225 48 10 2
225 48 10 2
225 26 5 1
CARBOB

Next

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests