Multiple WNH Segments Filter

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:35 am

An example of best safe filters failing, tonights Ohio 5/39 drawing numbers were 1, 2, 3, 9, 36. :motz:
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 5:31 am

[quote=Maryland]
Padawanlotto, using your little tip for excel I found some interesting stuff.
I normally use 20 numbers which amounts to 15000 something combinations. Using your tip about the (auto filter in excel) if you know only the first two segments on this one test so far, I was left with 21 combinations which included the jackpot.
[/quote]How do you make your 20 number choices? All 5 numbers drawn would have to be within the 20, wouldn't they?
I highlighted all the columns (which I only use 7 not 11) of the segments then use auto filter and picked the right segment from the drop down box for the first two columns. Check this out if you get time. I play 5/39.
And this is using the csv file from the multiple segments filter.
Let me get this straight, you use columns 0 thru -6 = 7 columns or you use columns 0 thru -7 = 8 columns?
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 6:57 am

I just figured out that you do not have to convert the CSV files to text files for the Multiple WNH Segments filter to read them, this will save some time and steps.
PadawanLotto

Postby CSenior » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:11 am

Padawan~ Thanks for creating the PDF for all! It is a great read!
CSenior

Postby Maryland » Sat Apr 12, 2008 11:18 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
I just figured out that you do not have to convert the CSV files to text files for the Multiple WNH Segments filter to read them, this will save some time and steps.
[/quote]

I play MD 5/39 default segment 1/10 and only use column 0 through -6. By the time I get to -6 or before there is only 1-4 tickets left. The 20 numbers are picked by me. I need to get the 5 winners in those 20 or 25. I knew about EL reading csv files and it does save time.
Maryland

Postby Picsou » Sat Apr 12, 2008 1:30 pm

Hello to all

We know now that if we have the good values for segments 0 - 6 (It verify on my loto 6/49), it is practically ok to have one or some tickets of which the jackpot.
From the values from the lasts segments, could not one be helped by a statistical software of treatment.

I found one, but if somebody can read the pdf (In English), to see if it can help us. Or if someone can say us an other to use.

See also, http://zarnia.250free.com/index.htm

cdt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Picsou

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat Apr 12, 2008 9:33 pm

As I have been working with the Multiple Segments filter and after reading some comments and questions, I realized how the segment defaults should be setup. The segment defaults should be set so that the segments are as evenly distributed as possible. In a pick 5 the segment average should be as close to 2-2-1 or 2-1-2 but I found that for me 2-2-1 was the best setting based on segment distrbution and distinct segment counts. For a pick 6 the segment average should be as close as possible to 2-2-2, My 6/49 has less than 200 drawings so at this time I only keep the WNH up to date.

Back to the Multiple Segments filter, I was looking into a way to reduce the resulting combinations a little more and I started doing some back testing. I noticed that with the settings that I use the jackpot combinations were found in columns -5 and -6 75% of the time and in columns -7 and -8 25% of the time. I also got to looking at column -4 to see what the count range was there before the jackpot ticket hit in columns -5, -6, and -7. I found the count range for column -4 was 2 to 10 most of the time. It would be nice if there as and easier way of back testing for the segment counts of the past drawings.
PadawanLotto

Postby Picsou » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:44 pm

hello

For 2 weeks, that is 8 draws, I play only with combinations from filter on segments.
Regrettably, and every time a little taken out segment appears and distorts the draw. I play little, only 6 tickets every time.
Nevertheless the balance sheet is positive:
2*3 numbers
4*3 numbers
2*3 numbers
2*3 numbers
3*3 numbers
1* 3 numbers
2*3 numbers this evening.

We have to work for how dicerner this value of segment which appears only from time to time.

Good search...

Cdt
Picsou

Postby Picsou » Sat Apr 12, 2008 10:55 pm

Hello all

To analyze segments in Excel I found in fact " plug in " for Excel such as:
Analyzer XL, StatsXL, @risk, Statbox,... they will be integred in Excel and can allow to make statistics on a serie of segments.
I was not able yet to test all the features.
You can easily download versions in English on the net

cdt
Picsou

Postby Jerzy » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:50 pm

Padawan,

The Multiple Segment Filter is a new, unconventional, and untested filter. To find the best ways of using it, a lot of thinking and experimentation is required.

Unfortunately, your description of working the Multiple WNH Segment Filter seems to be difficult to follow. I know you move the data several times from EL to Excel and from Excel to EL. It is confusing. And obviously a lot of work would be involved to process just one segment in column 0. And I do not know how you get a single ticket in column -4 or column -7 after filtering only the column 0.

Every ticket in the package can be defined by the specific line of the segment patterns in the columns from 0 to -6. The patterns remaining in the columns from -7 to -10 are necessary only to keep the ticket in the package. These patterns can be skipped in the filtering but should not be removed.

Every ticket in the package can be the next draw winning ticket, however, some combinations are more likely and some less likely to be drawn. Consequently, some lines of segments are more likely to be the winners and some less likely. That's why we can use filtering.

The question remains: what kind of criteria we should apply to select a group of lines of segments for the next draw? And how can we apply these criteria in the Multiple Segments Filter? I hope we can find at least a satisfactory answer.

Best Regards

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby Picsou » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:47 pm

Hello to all

Here you will find a zip file with tax-Strategie word and excel file.
I worked on segments.

cdt
Picsou

Postby Picsou » Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:50 pm

Sorry

it's better with the file

cdt
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Picsou

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:26 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
Padawan,

The Multiple Segment Filter is a new, unconventional, and untested filter. To find the best ways of using it, a lot of thinking and experimentation is required.

Unfortunately, your description of working the Multiple WNH Segment Filter seems to be difficult to follow. I know you move the data several times from EL to Excel and from Excel to EL. It is confusing.
[/quote] The PDF I offered was to help people get into working wuth the filter and experiment so that they could come up with ideas, it wasn't meant to be a rock solid plan. Also, you can skip converting CSV to text as I have found you can use CSV for all data movement but, you still have to move data back and forth to filter it. You have to gather the segment patterns from the package statistics and remove the headers and the number combinations for the Multiple Segments filter to process the segments.
And obviously a lot of work would be involved to process just one segment in column 0. And I do not know how you get a single ticket in column -4 or column -7 after filtering only the column 0.
If you choose one segment from column 0 the amount of combinations in that one segment is made up of 11 columns of segments in which you want to work with. If you choose segment 2-2-1 from column 0 which has X number of combinations and filter leave then go to package statistics and export to CSV to import to Excel so that the unwanted data can be removed then save to CSV so that the Multiple Segments filter can take the count and save the data to CSV. You then import that CSV to Excel so you can filter out the combinations that have a count of more than 1 in column -7 and filter out the combinations that have a count of 1 in column -4. The remaining combinations will be as follows all combinations will have a count of 1 in column -7, all combinations will have a count of 1 or more in column -6, and column -5, none of the combinations will have a count of 1 in column -4. You will not get down to just one combination, you will always have more combinations than you can afford to play.

Every ticket in the package can be defined by the specific line of the segment patterns in the columns from 0 to -6. The patterns remaining in the columns from -7 to -10 are necessary only to keep the ticket in the package. These patterns can be skipped in the filtering but should not be removed.

Nowhere did I say anything about removing segments from columns -7 to -10 but, you don't have to include columns -8 thru -10 to work the filter if you are looking for counts of 1 in columns -5, -6, and -7. Have you worked with the Multiple Segments Filter? If you have a better way please let us all know because this is what it's all about sharing ideas.
PadawanLotto

Multiple Segment Filter ? For Padawan

Postby CARBOB » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:01 am

The attached file is in Excel 07. I took a full Cash 3 package, 1000 combos, calc'd the tickets left. Maybe you can't use the filter this way. Counted the passing tickets, all 1000 combos passed. This is why I stated in another post all the Segments having 1's in them. Maybe the filter doesn't work for Cash 3.
CARBOB

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:08 am

[quote=CARBOB]
The attached file is in Excel 07. I took a full Cash 3 package, 1000 combos, calc'd the tickets left. Maybe you can't use the filter this way. Counted the passing tickets, all 1000 combos passed. This is why I stated in another post all the Segments having 1's in them. Maybe the filter doesn't work for Cash 3.
[/quote]
I don't have Excel 07 installed because it isn't compadable with 03 and right now I don't feel like rebuilding the workbooks that I have now. I'm assuming that a pick 3 only has 3 columns, 0, -1, and -2, and column -2 should contain all 1's. So the only column you would have to work with would be column -1 and with only 3 columns to work with I find it hard to imagine any combinations with a 1 in column -1.
PadawanLotto

PreviousNext

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests