Multiple WNH Segments Filter

Postby Da80th » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:01 am

[quote=CARBOB]
The attached file is in Excel 07. I took a full Cash 3 package, 1000 combos, calc'd the tickets left. Maybe you can't use the filter this way. Counted the passing tickets, all 1000 combos passed. This is why I stated in another post all the Segments having 1's in them. Maybe the filter doesn't work for Cash 3.
[/quote]

CARBOB,

what state you play the pick 3 game? let me know so I can check out something for you.

Da80th
Da80th

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:38 am

Padawan,

Thank you for your further comments. What I said about the segments in columns from -7 to -10 was a kind of general remark and it did not imply that you recommended removing these segments. I am sorry if you had a different impression.

I am experimenting with the Multiple Segments filter but without using Count passing tickets function and csv.out files. The csv files in my computer are Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values files which look like Excel files, and, unfortunately, the segments in it have the date format. Some time ago, I created for .csv files a kind of association with Excel, and now I cannot find a way to revert this association or convert this format to standard .csv file.

In my experiments I use a file with 100,000 random combinations instead of full package. It takes less time to filter it. To make sure that this file contains the latest winning tickets, I add these tickets manually to the file. And I use Segment calculator and Package statistics. So far I did not use the Excel. I enter the segment lines to the notepad file according to the Stan's suggestions.

The first results are promissing but there are some limitations. It is too early to say more about it.

Jerzy
Jerzy

Postby alland » Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:58 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Padawan,

I am experimenting with the Multiple Segments filter but without using Count passing tickets function and csv.out files. The csv files in my computer are Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values files which look like Excel files, and, unfortunately, the segments in it have the date format.

Jerzy
[/quote]

i had this problem before and found that when importing the segments,they need to be imported in text.i use "open office" which is free , and you can set field parameters both in and out with ease.
alland

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:13 am

Thank you allan.
I will do something about it.
Jerzy

Postby alland » Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:48 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Thank you allan.
I will do something about it.
[/quote]

also jerzy , not sure what screen comes up with excel when importing or opening file , i right click files i wish to open , select program in this case open office calc. it has a splash screen with the info and how you want to import.all column headers have "standard" above them, i can right click on each column and change to something else , which i select text for segments.then be sure to look at other options ,like text delimeters.delete inverted comma's (") and change to comma and clear other fields.should come up how you want them.

then when saving , save as, make sure scv is selected but type .txt on end of file name and down bottom of screen i have "edit filter settings" which i select .click save .another screen arises about not saving scv correctly to text .click yes , then another screen opens with "export of text files".
change field delimeter to comma and delete text delimeter.

i am no whiz with spread sheet programs , but i hope this helps.
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:11 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Padawan,

Thank you for your further comments. What I said about the segments in columns from -7 to -10 was a kind of general remark and it did not imply that you recommended removing these segments. I am sorry if you had a different impression.

I am experimenting with the Multiple Segments filter but without using Count passing tickets function and csv.out files. The csv files in my computer are Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values files which look like Excel files, and, unfortunately, the segments in it have the date format. Some time ago, I created for .csv files a kind of association with Excel, and now I cannot find a way to revert this association or convert this format to standard .csv file.

In my experiments I use a file with 100,000 random combinations instead of full package. It takes less time to filter it. To make sure that this file contains the latest winning tickets, I add these tickets manually to the file. And I use Segment calculator and Package statistics. So far I did not use the Excel. I enter the segment lines to the notepad file according to the Stan's suggestions.

The first results are promissing but there are some limitations. It is too early to say more about it.

Jerzy
[/quote] The csv files in my computer are Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values files which look like Excel files also. Check out this post http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/forum.php?req=thread&id=856&page=4#8549 it helped me out with CSV import. Comma Seperated Value files are text file that use commas as seperators, there is no need to convert CSV to text.
PadawanLotto

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:29 am

Padawan,

It is good to know that you have also Microsoft Excel CSV in your computer and it works OK. In my computer the segments in CSV files look like dates and I need to fix it.

The link you gave me does not work. There is a message: The requested thread does not exist or access denied.
Jerzy

Postby alland » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:38 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Padawan,

It is good to know that you have also Microsoft Excel CSV in your computer and it works OK. In my computer the segments in CSV files look like dates and I need to fix it.

The link you gave me does not work. There is a message: The requested thread does not exist or access denied.
[/quote]

my time is free , thought would try to help you.btw in previous post concerning column headers mine says standard , after looking at excell import wizard your says "general". right click the column header containig segments and change to text

try this url
http://freereg.rootsweb.com/howto/importcsvtoexcel.htm

and will look for more
alland

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:42 am

[quote=Jerzy]
Padawan,

[/quote] This link works and was posted by CSenior to help me out in setting up formatting for CSV.http://www.expertlotto.com/en/forum/forum.php?req=thread&id=856&page=4#8549
PadawanLotto

Postby Jerzy » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:49 pm

Yes, Padawan, I was able to use this link.

My problem was with .text.out file which Multiple Segments filter was opening automatically in Excel and some segments were formated like dates. I could not do anything with Text Import Wizard. But I changed the setting in Control Panel, Folder Options, Open with, and now .text.out file opens with Notepad.

It fixed the problem, and I hope I did not create a new difficulty instead.

Thank you Padawan and allan.
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:04 pm

[quote=Jerzy]
Yes, Padawan, I was able to use this link.

My problem was with .text.out file which Multiple Segments filter was opening automatically in Excel and some segments were formated like dates. I could not do anything with Text Import Wizard. But I changed the setting in Control Panel, Folder Options, Open with, and now .text.out file opens with Notepad.

It fixed the problem, and I hope I did not create a new difficulty instead.

Thank you Padawan and allan.
[/quote] I did the same thing the first time I started using the Multiple Segments Filter, I changed the CSV's to open in notepad.
PadawanLotto

Previous

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests