Constructive Criticism Minimizer

Constructive Criticism Minimizer

Postby Alcymart » Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:43 am

After over a year, I am back and No, I didn't win the Jackpot since. When I first ran EL, I went right away to the Minimizer since it was the main reason I bought EL in the 1st place 2 years ago.

I already posted on this way back but this time I would like input from all of you about how you use or used tha Minimizer yourself as I am now certain that there is an issue with this feature and I will prove it right now...and you are free to follow what I'll show you...

Lets take a 6/49 lotto. First , generate all possible combinations. This should only take a few seconds and you should get a total of 13983816 combinations.

Now obviously , we are not going to let the minimizer crunch so many combinations, thats rediculous...so lets filter a huge chunk out. Let's keep only the combinations that contain 6 Odd numbers and no Evens.

If you did this right, you should be left with 177100 combinations in your package. Still too huge to crunch with the minimizer...lets reduce further by using the High/Low Filter.

Lets now keep all the Lows and remove the Highs or 6 Low/0 High and if you did things right, you should be left with only 924 combinations. This should be cruncheable for the minimizer now, but is it really? Just to make things easy for the minimizer, lets reduce further.

We'll now keep all combinations among the 924 left that equal the sum of 80... simply go to the sums filter and put 80 as the minimum and Maximum Sum... If you did things right, you should be left with a mere 48 combinations in your package or 12 Unique numbers total which are 1-3-5-7-9-11-13-15-17-19-21-23...Now this is where we'll start crunching with the minimizer...

Lets try EL's Minimizer now... again We want to chose to have 100% chance of at least 1 Match(es) in 3 Numbers, when we hit 6 Numbers. Number Range, we want 1 to 49.

waiting........

Ok, now after 6 hours of waiting, YES, 6 hours!... It spit out all 48 combinations we had before Minimizing...In short EL's minimizer didn't minimize the 48 combinations at all and took 6 hours on a 3GHz PC to tell me nothing!

It's obvious to me that the minimizer was not coded correctly from the start or badly broken. Sorry Stan, but the Minimizer does not do its job as advertised. It's sad that I have to resort to other softwares to do EL's job on minimizing.

I am quite surprised that nobody on this forum made a formal constructive criticism on the minimizer since last year to fix it, unless you are all satisfied with it.

My 3Ghz processor and 16 Gigs of Ram can crunch billions of instructions per minute and yet EL's minimizer can't deal with 12 numbers in 6 hours!! What the heck is it doing during those 6 hours of 100% CPU usage? NOTHING!

Stan, the minimizer should be rebuilt from scratch with a more efficient algorithm. EL spits out almost 14 million combinations in 2 seconds here with the generator which is awesome and no other software compare, however the minimizer as it is now is a piece of Junk! Sorry Stan but you coded the minimizer all wrong! At least not like advertised...and someone had to speak out.

Now if the slowness is due to the range chosen 1 to 49, is not a good reason enough. Sure if you coded it so that it would only grab numbers available in package out of the 49, it may be a step in the right direction, but only you Stan can test this and in any case, it needs to return only a few combinations and basically do its job.

Constructive criticism on getting minimizer rebuilt is welcomed by all...
Alcymart

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:13 am

I never use the Minimizer but I did a test, not with a 6/49 but with a 5/39 and found no problems. Odd numbers only 20, Sums 99 and 101, total 1042 combinations, setup the minimizer and filtered and in a few seconds I had 61 combinations that contained 2 match 3's, 10 match 2's and 21 match 1's.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:35 am

[quote=Alcymart]
After over a year, I am back and No, I didn't win the Jackpot since. When I first ran EL, I went right away to the Minimizer since it was the main reason I bought EL in the 1st place 2 years ago.

I already posted on this way back but this time I would like input from all of you about how you use or used tha Minimizer yourself as I am now certain that there is an issue with this feature and I will prove it right now...and you are free to follow what I'll show you...

Lets take a 6/49 lotto. First , generate all possible combinations. This should only take a few seconds and you should get a total of 13983816 combinations.

Now obviously , we are not going to let the minimizer crunch so many combinations, thats rediculous...so lets filter a huge chunk out. Let's keep only the combinations that contain 6 Odd numbers and no Evens.

If you did this right, you should be left with 177100 combinations in your package. Still too huge to crunch with the minimizer...lets reduce further by using the High/Low Filter.

Lets now keep all the Lows and remove the Highs or 6 Low/0 High and if you did things right, you should be left with only 924 combinations. This should be cruncheable for the minimizer now, but is it really? Just to make things easy for the minimizer, lets reduce further.

We'll now keep all combinations among the 924 left that equal the sum of 80... simply go to the sums filter and put 80 as the minimum and Maximum Sum... If you did things right, you should be left with a mere 48 combinations in your package or 12 Unique numbers total which are 1-3-5-7-9-11-13-15-17-19-21-23...Now this is where we'll start crunching with the minimizer...

Lets try EL's Minimizer now... again We want to chose to have 100% chance of at least 1 Match(es) in 3 Numbers, when we hit 6 Numbers. Number Range, we want 1 to 49.

waiting........

Ok, now after 6 hours of waiting, YES, 6 hours!... It spit out all 48 combinations we had before Minimizing...In short EL's minimizer didn't minimize the 48 combinations at all and took 6 hours on a 3GHz PC to tell me nothing!

It's obvious to me that the minimizer was not coded correctly from the start or badly broken. Sorry Stan, but the Minimizer does not do its job as advertised. It's sad that I have to resort to other softwares to do EL's job on minimizing.

I am quite surprised that nobody on this forum made a formal constructive criticism on the minimizer since last year to fix it, unless you are all satisfied with it.

My 3Ghz processor and 16 Gigs of Ram can crunch billions of instructions per minute and yet EL's minimizer can't deal with 12 numbers in 6 hours!! What the heck is it doing during those 6 hours of 100% CPU usage? NOTHING!

Stan, the minimizer should be rebuilt from scratch with a more efficient algorithm. EL spits out almost 14 million combinations in 2 seconds here with the generator which is awesome and no other software compare, however the minimizer as it is now is a piece of Junk! Sorry Stan but you coded the minimizer all wrong! At least not like advertised...and someone had to speak out.

Now if the slowness is due to the range chosen 1 to 49, is not a good reason enough. Sure if you coded it so that it would only grab numbers available in package out of the 49, it may be a step in the right direction, but only you Stan can test this and in any case, it needs to return only a few combinations and basically do its job.

[/quote]Ok, there is one flaw in your setup
The number range that you are using is incorrect, you only have 12 numbers that you are wanting to minimize and you are using a number range of 49. If you have 12 numbers that you want to minimize use a range of 1 to 12 not 1 to 49. There is no need to filter numbers that are not even included in the group of numbers you are working with.

You want to set the range to 1 to 12 and then place each number used in the 12 spaces, see attached. This setup produced 11 numbers, 2 tickets 1 number hit which was the 3.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PadawanLotto

It Works!!

Postby Alcymart » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:49 am

Hey thanks Padwanlotto, I thought I had tried that last year, but it does work now with 1 to 12 range and did a great job too.

Case Closed.
Alcymart

Postby niceguy » Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:41 am

HI My minimizer works perfect. No probs at all. :-D
niceguy

Postby stan » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:26 pm

as padawanlotto stated, the number range settings are the most important parameter influencing how long the minimizer filter will take, not the actual count of tickets.
i tried to come up with a better algorithm but couldn't devise anything that wouldn't require tremendous amount of memory.
pls note that jackpot builds have also 'fast minimizer' filter which performs much faster, although with limited input settings...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Do you remember that you have not yet finished your great Le

Postby lottoboy » Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:19 am

[quote=Alcymart:1209249782]

waiting........

[/quote]

Hi, Alcymart:

Long time no see, welcome back!!!

Do you remember that you have not yet finished your great Lesson about the strategies for using EL? I’m very interesting with it and looking forward to read your latest Strategy Guide now!

Best,
lottoboy
lottoboy

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests