Need Adjustable RNG

Need Adjustable RNG

Postby Alcymart » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:11 am

Would any of you know if there exists such a thing as a Lotto Random Number Generator that the randomness could be adjusted right down to using the same seed every time or the likes? I am testing something and EL's RNG I find too highly random for what I need to test. Is there such a thing as a poor RNG for lotto? We always hear only of Truly Random Super Duper generators...Thanks.

My hunch is that Lotto drawing machines may not be as random as they would want you to think and want to experiment EL in such an environment of semi-chaos you see, and perhaps, one of you can code up a simple 6/49 RNG with adjustable levels of Chaos.

In a few tests with a random level tester meter , I simply found that some pseudo RNG's were actually more random than some drawing machines. What if the Lotto is easier to crack than we all thought in the first place?
Alcymart

Postby stan » Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:37 pm

expert lotto's number generator uses a random seed but i can add some sort of switch to use the same seed all the time...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Hi Stan

Postby Alcymart » Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:37 am

Is that possible really? I thought that using the same seed would always generate the same combination.. I was thinking along the lines of seeding on a predictable seed somehow... among few of the same seeds basically... does that make sense Stan?

Of course we humans wouldn't be able to tell at first glance, but a program could tell its no way random when some combinations repeat over hundreds of draws. Basically the same combination could come out after 2 or 50 or 1000 draws instead of rarely repeating like right now.

I found a method to predict the lotto 100% if its not too random, and I want to focus on each drawing machines signature using a bad RNG to make my calculations simpler. To find it, an RNG must not be too random and adjustable preferably. Here is what makes the signature of a typical drawing ball machine...

Dimensions, d : the size of a lottery machine chamber, given by d = length x breadth x height
Shape, s : a measure of the shape of a lottery machine chamber; 1 for a sphere, 2 for a cylinder, 3 for a cube.
Rotor arms, a : the number of arms on the rotor (a = 0 if the machine uses a blower to mix balls).
Rotor speed, r : the maximum speed at which the rotor turns (again, r = 0 if the machine uses a blower).
Ball columns, b : the number of columns into which balls are arranged prior to being released.
Mixing time, t : the time which balls are mixed for before the first one is drawn.

The Signature would be Signature = d + s + a + r + b + t and would be unique.

When RNG is too random, its just too complex to calculate my stuff.

If you can only make a switch, a pool of 100 of the same seeds should prove satisfactory if a unique seed doesn't work. Which means on every 100 draws, the same combinations could repeat. Note: ( I say "Could" It must not be the same 100 combinations repeating every 100 draws! Some will, some won't basically.

geez, I know, I must be going crazy.. I built 2 home made drawing machines with old used Bingo equipment..lol

In short I want to find flaws in drawing machines they use but for this I simply need a very bad RNG and EL stats to get there.
Alcymart

Let me add this...

Postby Alcymart » Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:17 am

For those of you who think I'm pushing it too hard on trying to find how to crack the lotto or that think I am crazy, (yes, I was told I was crazy) let me tell you this!

I'm not in it for the possible financial gains like many of you. I am disabled and well off due to some successfull Internet ventures. attempting the impossible in the lotto in itself makes me happy and makes me forget sometimes that I'm in a wheelchair for the rest of my life. No I am not a compulsive gambler! In fact I play on paper most times. Hey.... Its a self satisfaction to win on paper too! You should try it... oh the feeling of "if I had played , I would of won $75,000...lol

Sure winning for real is a great feeling but I get as great a feeling winning on paper because its not for the money folks. I sometimes view EL as a time machine through its stats... anyway, I won't get into that part..lol

Yes, I bought every lotto software that exists, not because I am gullable, but because I am having fun and enjoying life....Expert Lotto is the best one!..nuff said.
Alcymart

Postby stan » Thu May 01, 2008 12:49 pm

[quote=Alcymart:1209537429]
Is that possible really? I thought that using the same seed would always generate the same combination.. I was thinking along the lines of seeding on a predictable seed somehow... among few of the same seeds basically... does that make sense Stan?
[/quote]

i see, it's a bit different story then.
well, there could be 10 or 100 predefined seeds and the generator would pick one of them at random...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

I found it...

Postby Alcymart » Thu May 01, 2008 8:43 pm

Ignore this thread Stan, I found a way to create a bad RNG using a bad ball mixing barrel I made at home and it works perfectly.
Alcymart

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests