Filter Statistics

Filter Statistics

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 1:58 am

In Filter Statistics what does First 5, First 10, First 15 and so on mean? I did a search but I didn't find anything.

Thanks
Padawan
PadawanLotto

Postby Joe » Sat May 17, 2008 3:00 am

[quote=PadawanLotto]
In Filter Statistics what does First 5, First 10, First 15 and so on mean? I did a search but I didn't find anything.[/quote]
the occurrence of winning numbers in Top 5 numbers (First 5) and in Top 10 numbers (First 10) if you sort occurrence of numbers in descending order,
Joe

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 9:32 am

Thanks Joe, but I don't think I'm doing something right as the counts are wrong. I did a test for the last draw using standard devaition and the filter statistics said 3 in first 5 but actually it was 3 in the first 8. It said 4 in first 15 but the 4th number doesn't appear until row 23. It said 5 in 25 but there were only 4 numbers in the first 25. I'm confused or not doing something right.

I used standard devaition for the test as the resulting numbers order will always be the same.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 10:33 am

Ok, now I'm really confused, I have been playing around with the Filter Statistics and I found that if I filter a full package using standard devaition and look at the Filter Statistics Filter Input: Package, Selected Filter: Standard Devaition the resulting hits table is wrong but, if I use Sum Filter in the Selected Filter and Calculate hits, the Hits Table results are correct.

I filtered a full package for number groups and looked at the filter statistics for number groups and the hits table results are wrong and placing the sum filter in the selected filter didn't help this time, the hits table results are still wrong.

Is the filter statistics limited to working with only certain filters?
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 12:54 pm

I have been testing the Filter Statistics some more and I have found that some of the results in the Hits Table can be correct for some drawings and incorrect for other drawings when working with the same filter input and selected filter. This time for testing I have been using a full package 575,757 combinations and the sum filter for the selected filter and just changing the sum range and reviewing the results.
PadawanLotto

Postby PadawanLotto » Sat May 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Does anybody use the Filter Statistics and if so, what settings and are the results stable? If we could find some stable settings for the Filter Statistics this would be a good place to remove some numbers from the total amount of numbers possible in our lottery games, I feel that this is an important part of EL that we need to work on.
PadawanLotto

Postby Jerzy » Sun May 18, 2008 7:41 am

Filter Statistics are very useful if we want to check the filters settings and their performance against the results of past drawings. We can also examine the content of the package to see what can be filtered out if we use the filters selected.

There is also a possibility of accessing the filters from the statistics, but the filters work slower than in the usual situation when they are accessed directly.

From the menu of statistical parameters I use only Occurrences, Latest and sometimes Skips, other parameters seem to be unhelpful.
Jerzy

Postby PadawanLotto » Sun May 18, 2008 5:16 pm

I looked at the help section on the Filter Statistics and the example given is not good as if you use WNH StdDev all of the results will be incorrect. The WNH StdDev is based on statistics that change with every drawing and the same goes for using the Filter Statistics for segments and differences, the results will always be incorrect.

Only static filters can be used with the filter statistics like sum filter and even then if you use the wrong range the results will be incorrect or a mix of correct and incorrect results.
PadawanLotto

Postby stan » Sun May 18, 2008 7:37 pm

i'll check this
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:06 pm

already fixed in version 4.5.1

(just going through my todo list...)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:24 pm

stan, some problem in Filter statistics, When I load package (rand5if6 file) and adding filter (Win Sum with range -10 to 10 in all columns and Logic OR and Column 2 to 6 must pass,) in filter statistics, I am getting 0 occurrences for all draws, why?, Please check, thanks

And I've one request to add another tag in Filter statistics in order to show the exact occurrence or Row for each Winning numbers in sorted Descending order, So that we can guess some range of occurrence, thanks
Joe

Postby Joe » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:24 pm

(Msg Deleted)
Joe

Postby stan » Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:08 pm

[quote=Joe:1233408241]
stan, some problem in Filter statistics, When I load package (rand5if6 file) and adding filter (Win Sum with range -10 to 10 in all columns and Logic OR and Column 2 to 6 must pass,) in filter statistics, I am getting 0 occurrences for all draws, why?, Please check, thanks
[/quote]
0 occurrences? do you mean that all tickets got filtered out?
did you try the same filter settings on the same tickets in the package?

And I've one request to add another tag in Filter statistics in order to show the exact occurrence or Row for each Winning numbers in sorted Descending order, So that we can guess some range of occurrence, thanks

sorry, don't know what you mean here. pls post a screenshot or describe in more details, thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Joe » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:27 pm

[quote=stan]
[quote=Joe:1233408241]
[/quote]
0 occurrences? do you mean that all tickets got filtered out?
did you try the same filter settings on the same tickets in the package?[/quote] yeah, I am getting zero occurrences in filter statistics, but its working when i apply the same filter for package.
Joe

Postby stan » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:16 pm

i tried reproducing your results with the demo 6/49 lottery and it was working fine.
can you email me some screenshots of your filter setup and the actual results? thanks
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Return to Comments, suggestions, features requests