WN history

WN history

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:03 pm

Hi Stan. I came across the following problem in WN History. Hope you can follow it ok. I was using your test lottery 6/49 at the time. If you go into WN histroy/summary/history & difference, under WN selection, choose say the latest 5. Press update. Make a note of the sum at the bottom of the "0" column. ( in my case it is for 28/2004 2nd Wednesday). The sum total at the bottom of "o" reads 350 + 3. Now go back to WN selection, & change it to say latest 7. Sum total at the bottom of "0" now reads 364. After this the sum at the bottom of 0 stays the same when you further increase increase the WN selection number. Is this normal or a glitch? It's just that you would have to be very careful which sums you used in the WN filter. Many thanks for that

Postby stan » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:22 pm

this is normal.

when playing the demo 'expert lotto 6/49' lottery option 'latest 5' does not yield enough draws so e.g. number 45 does not appear in the 20 selected draws. option 'latest 9' selects 36 draws and all numbers were drawn at least once. so the sum value will not change if you increase the number of draws in the 'latest xx' option.
but it is not enough for column '-2', e.g. number 21 did not appear 3 times in the selected 36 draws. so if you want a correct summary value for column '-2' you must increase the number of selected draws to at least 40 (latest 10).
same applies for other columns.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:35 pm

Good one thanks for that Stan. I wondered if it was something like that, because I noticed the same happening in the New Zealand lotto selections. Might pay to point it out more clearly when you update the manual???

Return to BETA versions