version 5 - screenshots

version 5 - screenshots

Postby stan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:28 pm

a few screen shots demonstrating the new filter designer in version 5...
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:36 pm

this screen shot shows the designer part of the filter window where you can build very complex group/compound filters. filter parts are organized into tree-like structure and each branch can specified how many of its sub-filters must pass. so you should be able to implement complicated filter strategies very easily.

filter preview will tell you how many tickets were accepted/rejected by each sub-filter so you can fine-tune your filters very quickly.

from the screen shot you can also see that the filter is actually being applied in background (see to progress bar at the bottom) which doesn't prevent you from working with the application - you can continue designing the filter(s), evaluate stats etc.

there can be multiple filters being opened/designed/previewed/applied at a time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:39 pm

this picture shows the filter designer again. this time the package table window is minimized to the left to maximize screen real estate.
'filters' window contains available filters (those that come with expert lotto and also filters created and saved by you) which can be dragged and dropped to the complex filter designer to create new complex filters.

also note that name & description and preview parts are collapsible which should be handy on small sized displays and/or notebooks

note, the window shows four filters only as i don't have all version 4.x filters implemented yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:45 pm

here the filtering results. the filter can be applied against tickets in the package, saved ticket file, any full wheel or selected random combinations (on the picture).

tickets accepted by the filter can be stored in the package or in a file. it's also possible to evaluate stats for these tickets (not implemented yet) see buttons at the bottom.

you can apply/preview/back-test either the whole complex filter or any filter sub-tree
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:47 pm

this is back-testing part of filter designer. it's more or less the same as the backtest feature in version 4.x. however in version 5 you'll get more detailed stats for accepted draws (see analyze button at the bottom)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:48 pm

the performance tester is basically the same as 'filter statistics' page in expert lotto v 4.x
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:49 pm

everything is heavily multi-threaded so if you decide to spend some cash and buy an enterprise-grade server with 100-200 cores, you'll be able to utilize them all:)

there will be some ui polishing but i'd love to hear your comments and suggestions even now
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Maryland » Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:37 pm

The complex trees are something like an open source program Winhunter uses. Hope V5 is as easy to comprehend as V4. Thanks for the shots Stan.
Maryland

Postby niceguy » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:16 pm

Hey Stan. Looks really great to me!!
niceguy

Postby CSenior » Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:32 am

Stan~ Awesome job! The screen shots look great! I can't wait to put it thru my quad-core!

Will V5 be able to take advantage of 64 bit processing & use of extended memory (called ReadyBoost) in Vista operating systems?
CSenior

Postby Jerzy » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:15 am

Stan,

I believe version 5 will be a powerful application.

If it is compatible with both 32 and 64 bit processing, it would be be not only very modern, but with 64 processing it would be capable of using more memory.
Jerzy

Postby stan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:06 am

[quote=CSenior]
Will V5 be able to take advantage of 64 bit processing
[/quote]
yes

& use of extended memory (called ReadyBoost) in Vista operating systems?

not sure about this one. probably the application will just start a bit faster but filter & stats execution won't get any benefit
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:20 am

[quote=Maryland]
The complex trees are something like an open source program Winhunter uses. Hope V5 is as easy to comprehend as V4. Thanks for the shots Stan.
[/quote]

thanks for the tip. that project doesn't seem to be under active development.
i develop version with great emphasis on the ease of external contributions and i hope we'll be able to attract other developer to contribute new filters and other features.
joe is doing great job but the demand for new filters to 'try out' is much greater than the amount of his/my available free time. so you should be able to find a developer (e.g. www.rentacoder.com) to build a new (private) plugin just for you (and maybe even sell it other lottery players if you find it useful...)
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Bobijohn » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:01 pm

Stan --> All very impressive indeed. I really like the Tree view/concept.

Just a couple of thoughts for your consideration.

filter preview will tell you how many tickets were accepted/rejected by each sub-filter so you can fine-tune your filters very quickly.

1) Provide a on/off tick box next to each filter to enhance the ability to perform the above. Useful where filters maybe mutually inclusive/exclusive e.g. maybe better to use one or the other.
2) Can user arrange order of the individual filters? For example, where to use Minimizer - although I realize this example maybe too complicated.
3) Provide a way to save the Compound Filter (maybe as some sort of a template) so that the user can develop several "templates" and just load each one as needed. For example, user can quickly develop several packages and use Perl script to filter x of y looking for common ticket.

Thanks for the opportunity to comment.

Bobijohn.
Bobijohn

Postby stan » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:19 pm

[quote=Bobijohn]
1) Provide a on/off tick box next to each filter to enhance the ability to perform the above. Useful where filters maybe mutually inclusive/exclusive e.g. maybe better to use one or the other.
[/quote]
each branch has an option specifying min/max count of sub-filter that must pass.
i can add an 'active/inactive' checkbox but i think that sub-filter should be simply removed from the tree completely if it doesn't perform as expected

2) Can user arrange order of the individual filters? For example, where to use Minimizer - although I realize this example maybe too complicated.

yes, just use drag and drop

3) Provide a way to save the Compound Filter (maybe as some sort of a template) so that the user can develop several "templates" and just load each one as needed. For example, user can quickly develop several packages and use Perl script to filter x of y looking for common ticket.

each complex filter will be saved to a file on disk. you'll be able to share these filter definitions with each other, reference other saved complex filters etc.
not sure what you mean by perl script though. in version 5 you can open and run multiple complex filters at the same time without blocking each other.

thanks for all your comments so far
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Next

Return to BETA versions