WNH Segments

WNH Segments

Postby Red Devil » Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:18 pm

Stan,

In version5 would it be possible to be able to select discrete or multiple discrete values instead of the current min/max values.

Instead of the current format of min 0 & max 6 can you make it that we could select from a drop-down menu for each Segment:

All

where we could select 1 or more values

Quite often I would like to select say Seg1 = 2 & 5. I have to select min2 to max5 and then re-filter 3&4 to remove.

RD
Red Devil

Postby Red Devil » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:58 pm

Stan,

Any chance of this in the next version?

RD
Red Devil

Postby Viking » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:25 pm

Hi Red Devil,

Here is what Stan answered me when I explained what I wished to see in EL 5.

[quote=stan:1247577779]
[quote=Viking]
In addition to what is already in today’s segment filter I would like to see a more customizable filter, something I do hope is possible. I know many maybe think this seems to be a crazy idea, but I want to choose how many segments to use at the same time with a min of 1 and a max of at least 25 segments and this should be adjustable from EL Preferences. Each of the segments must also be adjustable with begins at x and ends at x. The reason for this is that I want to use many smaller segment sizes and also many segments that overlap each other more or less.
[/quote]
all wn history settings will be customizable in version 5. i didn't consider overlapping segments yet though. i have to think about this one first. it might have some implementation consequences.
how would you count a number that belongs to two or more overlapping segments?
[/quote]

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby Red Devil » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:49 pm

Hi Viking,

Quite often I want to play 2 or 3 possibilities for a filter but they're not adjacent, as I said in my thread I might want to select 1st segment value 2 or 5 in C1 and 3rd segment value 1 or 4 in C3.

To do this under the current system would take a large compound filter or several runs of the same filter, it would be easier to select what you want rather than min(x) max(y) several times.

I believe this approach is better for most of the filters, to have a selection of buttons to select rather than min/max settings

I can't understand why Stan hasn't answered.

RD
Red Devil

Postby stan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:08 am

[quote=Red Devil]
Hi Viking,

Quite often I want to play 2 or 3 possibilities for a filter but they're not adjacent, as I said in my thread I might want to select 1st segment value 2 or 5 in C1 and 3rd segment value 1 or 4 in C3.
[/quote]
technically it's not a big problem, it's just that the user interface is less cluttered when using min/max options. so far you're the only one asking for such filter settings. are you just testing some lottery strategy or do you get good results consistently with this?

I believe this approach is better for most of the filters, to have a selection of buttons to select rather than min/max settings

i don't think so. especially when the range is very large - imagine clicking individual ticket sum values in sum filter window...
or when playing a 20/80 keno lottery then there would have to be 20 checkboxes for each segment...

I can't understand why Stan hasn't answered.

sorry, i don't check new posts as often. i spent most of my time working on version 5. if there's a post i haven't answered for some time and it's urgent, just email me
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby stan » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:10 am

[quote=Viking:1253993159]
Hi Red Devil,

Here is what Stan answered me when I explained what I wished to see in EL 5.

[quote=stan:1247577779]
[quote=Viking]
In addition to what is already in today’s segment filter I would like to see a more customizable filter, something I do hope is possible. I know many maybe think this seems to be a crazy idea, but I want to choose how many segments to use at the same time with a min of 1 and a max of at least 25 segments and this should be adjustable from EL Preferences. Each of the segments must also be adjustable with begins at x and ends at x. The reason for this is that I want to use many smaller segment sizes and also many segments that overlap each other more or less.
[/quote]
all wn history settings will be customizable in version 5. i didn't consider overlapping segments yet though. i have to think about this one first. it might have some implementation consequences.
how would you count a number that belongs to two or more overlapping segments?
[/quote]

Regards,
Viking
[/quote]

i think that red devil is referring to something else.
i've already finished the basic wn history features in version 5 but i still designed the segments as continuous and non-overlapping as my concern stays the same as stated above.
Expert Lotto Team
stan
Site Admin

Postby Viking » Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:21 pm

[quote=stan]

i think that red devil is referring to something else.
i've already finished the basic wn history features in version 5 but i still designed the segments as continuous and non-overlapping as my concern stays the same as stated above.
[/quote]

Hi Stan,

As I said to you before, there is no problem if the segment filter is built to filter just continuous segments. The solution is to run the filter a few times to achieve the result I want.

Regards,
Viking
Viking

Postby Red Devil » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:37 pm

Stan,

When I use the segment filter I find it easier to predict just one segment rather than all 3, also I have found that normally just using the one segment will also leave you with very few lines in the package however, it is very difficult to predict all 11 columns, if you are lucky normally tens of tickets left in the package, I have covered this in a previous post with examples.

If you set up a group filter for this and allow for 2 mistakes (At least 9-11 sub-filters must pass), you are normally left with just a few thousand tickets.

Just lately I have been experimenting with 2 settings for a segment and mixing the segments for example sometimes it can be easier to predict, say 5 settings using segment 1, 4 settings for segment 2 and 2 settings for segment 3:

Col Seg Setting
0 1 2 & 4
1 3 0 & 2
2 1 3 & 4
3 1 2 & 5
4 2 1 & 3
5 3 1 & 3
6 2 2 & 4
7 1 3 & 5
8 1 1 & 4
9 2 0 & 2
10 2 1 & 2

This normally leaves between several hundred to low thousands of tickets.

I appreciate that you have to get all 11 columns correct for the jackpot, but you can normally miss out on one or two settings and still have several tickets with match 5 in the package.

I take your point about my request not being suitable for all filters.

I apologise for rushing you on this topic, I will use e-mail in future, I can imagine how busy you are with version 5 :red:

Best Rgds

RD
Red Devil

Return to BETA versions